Overloud TH-U

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got the email announcement this morning...

https://www.overloud.com/news/overloud-announces-th-u-0

now it's released

Seems like there is no upgrade path from TH-2. That is disappointing.

As a happy TH-3 owner, the "what's new" doesn't look game changing, but there appear to be enough tweaks and additions to make the intro-sale-period upgrade price worthwhile for me.

It sounds amazing. I went through the "new in th-u" folder and was shocked at the sounds. I'm almost ready to say it even beats my mooer modeler.

I have TH-3. Seems pretty much like more of the same to me.

TH-3 has pretty much always been great sounding and inspiring to me.

Although you may not be seeing or hearing that much of a difference with TH-U, there are quite a few new cabs and amps included - plus the shimmer reverb. Compare the equipment lists by category, they show the number of items in each.

You can open TH-3 and TH-U at the same time and play both simultaneously. Scan and compare the preset lists.

Randall/Lynch and Brunetti models are always my favorites here.

A quick demo says it's nothing new for me. Adding more models just makes the OCD kick in much higher.

Also, I'm broke so I'm relieved!

Now, I haven't tried it yet (and I'm not a big fan of TH3) but what's with this RigPlayer?
Sounds a bit like "Kemper in Software" what so many of us have been waiting for... But maybe it's just marketing-speech for a bunch of presets?
Can anyone enlighten me?

They have just added an upgrade path from TH2 to THU.

They say the cabinet impulses are improved.
I this true?

For those who have TH-3 and want to update. I found out today after I bought the update from overloud.com that Audiodeluxe is about $10 less.
rsp
sound sculptist

Haha, I think this is the first time I've seen someone model Polytone amps! I've played a lot of jazz and am familiar with the tone. They can sound great with hollowbody guitars and upright basses, and pretty peculiar with everything else.

force_redo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 am Now, I haven't tried it yet (and I'm not a big fan of TH3) but what's with this RigPlayer?
Sounds a bit like "Kemper in Software" what so many of us have been waiting for... But maybe it's just marketing-speech for a bunch of presets?
Can anyone enlighten me?
Yeah, I dunno. I played with it for a few and didn't like what I heard. That doesn't mean it's not cool just that there was nothing that sounded even close to AT4. I've got the Slate bundle so I'll get the striped down version but I didn't care for the presets of the RigPlayer that I heard.

I like TH-3....but from the descriptions I've seen, this is best described as TH-3.5. I'll probably buy it later, but yeah.....definitely not in a rush.

Return to “Effects”