Your opinion on the best Compressor (Klanghelm DC8C, Pro-C, Ozone8, H-Comp) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thavma wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:52 pm Hey , have you guys tried DDMF's MagicDeathEye? https://ddmf.eu/magicdeatheye/

Seems like very intelligent and smooth. Also the spikes when you hit play do not excist it behaves like a good analog. First time I spot this in a vst compressor

I've tried it and it is excellent, I might pick it up.

I use his IIEQ Pro as well which is also very nice.

tdr feedback its the closest to hw I ever used it have amazing snap and glue.Klanghelm and Toneboosters for clean.For character best I have its Acustica Violet Cm it does the Thermionic sound very well and its kinda of almost free.I do love la 2a mk 2 of uad but that rabbit hole its not good.Waves Dpr 402 if u want dirty smasher the hw its usually clean but when pushed with 20 to 1 sounds dirty as f**k Waves modelled it good

Anyone like Density by bootsy? Love it on drumbusses.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I think LOTS of people like Density but there also seem to be many who are turned off by the fact that it's 32 bit.

True. Im using (mostly) just 32bit plugins anyway.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

s28 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:24 pm
Thavma wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:52 pm Hey , have you guys tried DDMF's MagicDeathEye? https://ddmf.eu/magicdeatheye/

Seems like very intelligent and smooth. Also the spikes when you hit play do not excist it behaves like a good analog. First time I spot this in a vst compressor

It definitely colors the sound and may have some aliasing over 8k. Still a good compressor, but try it before you buy it :-)

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:29 am It definitely colors the sound and may have some aliasing over 8k. Still a good compressor, but try it before you buy it :-)
What do you mean "may"? Is this based on your own observations?

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:29 am
s28 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:24 pm

It definitely colors the sound and may have some aliasing over 8k. Still a good compressor, but try it before you buy it :-)

As I said I did try it, it sounds great. I didn't hear any aliasing or unwanted anything!

Loads of good suggestions, but throw in COMPassion from DMGAudio on top of that, that's very clean.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

It might be better to ask for the worst compressor ;) I find most compressors quite good.

I still like the Sonalksis SV 315 Mk2 very much. Sure, it's a bit older and not so well known but it works great for me. Then I like simple compressors and the LA2A is perfect in this case. I haven't heard any really bad emulations yet but I use the one from Softube/NI.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:29 am It definitely colors the sound and may have some aliasing over 8k. Still a good compressor, but try it before you buy it :-)

Are you sure about it? I did some tests and I don't see any coloration or aliasing, maybe its very very inaudible?

LeVzi wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:20 am Loads of good suggestions, but throw in COMPassion from DMGAudio on top of that, that's very clean.
:tu: COMPassion (just updated today, incidentally) is a wonderful compressor, in fact as many compressors packed into one as one wants as it is nearly entirely configurable.

PSP Old Timer
PSP Master Comp
Kush UBK-1
Kush Novatron

4damind wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 am It might be better to ask for the worst compressor ;) I find most compressors quite good.

I still like the Sonalksis SV 315 Mk2 very much. Sure, it's a bit older and not so well known but it works great for me. Then I like simple compressors and the LA2A is perfect in this case. I haven't heard any really bad emulations yet but I use the one from Softube/NI.
Has DMG done any Compassion presets that emulate the Sonalksis SV315 mk2?? That would be interesting.

jbarish wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:55 pm
4damind wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 am It might be better to ask for the worst compressor ;) I find most compressors quite good.

Has DMG done any Compassion presets that emulate the Sonalksis SV315 mk2?? That would be interesting.
That's a good question! As far as I know the SV315 is circuit modeled but has no direct hardware reference. Afaik Dave was also involved with programming the SV315 at Sonalksis, he could give us a answer.

Return to “Effects”