New: Waves CLA MiXHUB - available now for 69$

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so, basically it's Slate channel strip inside out. no, thanks.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoXs1-zrmq8

It's a much more meaningful review when they are speaking from a first person perspective of actually using the plugin from experience.

krabbencutter wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:02 am I'll give it 2 months at max until it's 29$ for the first time :clap: :D
Waves have really dug themselves into a hole with their deals system.
I thought exactly the same :hihi:
A few months and then I can snag it for 29 bucks.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Demo'd and came to the exact same conclusions. The best parts are the intro price and sound, the worst part is I'll never use it due to usability issues.

DrGonzo wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:53 pm
krabbencutter wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:02 am I'll give it 2 months at max until it's 29$ for the first time :clap: :D
Waves have really dug themselves into a hole with their deals system.
I thought exactly the same :hihi:
A few months and then I can snag it for 29 bucks.
Plugin Discounts will sell it to you for $53 with code YNY23...which is not too bad if you want to be an early adopter :D (albeit with a few bugs).

Doubt I'll use the bucket, but the sound and workflow for an individual channel has grown on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PPrIx5ikYU

From the mouth of the Legend himself...

I'm glad to hear CLA say that they intend to mature this plugin. Honestly, a couple of months of gathering feedback and making somewhat minor changes might be enough to raise this mixer into a nice usability zone. I've seen Waves introduce large-ish features after release when they are needed. I have good hopes of seeing solo, bypass, and possibly a gain knob on every tab.

RE: Price
It's hard to pay even the introductory price when Waves has been going closer to that $29 mark for almost every plugin. Also the bugs at this stage. But hard to argue that it is worth it at $69. Even if you ignore the mixer part, the updated SSL channel strip with Bluey built in is totally worth the cost.

Another feature that I like about this one is the built-in ducker. I've been using a lot of ducking in my stuff and it's been annoying to find so many of my tools will not make themselves available for the job. It is the ONLY "flaw" I would point out in the Scheps Omni, the inability to act as a ducker when it just needs one button to turn off the auto make-up gain. The SSL strip would also be missing that feature due its own auto make-up gain if CLA hadn't insisted in adding a ducker feature to the gate section. That's why I really appreciate these collaborations with CLA and Scheps, their plugins rise to a higher level of quality, attention to detail and sonic reliability.

RE: Disable the analog modeling
If you want a channel strip in the same spirit that doesn't add coloring, then you are thinking of the Scheps Omni. Similar concept and layout, but not trying to be analog at all, just a modern workhorse for the DAW. Also has more features overall as a channel strip (except for the ducking as mentioned).

mrj1nx wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:01 am Sorry for not reading the entire thread but how does this compare to the bx console ssl? (Disregarding the multichannel feature)

I belive it might be time now or in the future for daws to have a place in their mixer for a new type of plugin, channel strip inserts with actual visible knobs etc.
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't like the BX version. I struggled with the EQ personally. Everyone is different, but I just didn't get a wow out of it. I'd compare that more with the omnichannel, which I got cheap and like in certain situations.

Plugin Discounts will sell it to you for $53 with code YNY23...which is not too bad if you want to be an early adopter :D (albeit with a few bugs).

Doubt I'll use the bucket, but the sound and workflow for an individual channel has grown on me.
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. The EQ might make that an "early adapter" for me. I have a preset saved for bass that has been a winner every time I've loaded it. I can do well with other plugs but this seems even better. 53 bucks means I have to cut back on the herb a little. But I'll be happy with that for now.

fortune teller wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:59 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoXs1-zrmq8

It's a much more meaningful review when they are speaking from a first person perspective of actually using the plugin from experience.
Odd. He mentions the fact that mono tracks don't have a pan but stereo ones do. It's true. I didn't realize that at first, but isn't that weird? The pan doesn't effect anything unless it's in the center/mono position.

Something is strange here.

reggie1979 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:14 am
fortune teller wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:59 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoXs1-zrmq8

Odd. He mentions the fact that mono tracks don't have a pan but stereo ones do. It's true. I didn't realize that at first, but isn't that weird? The pan doesn't effect anything unless it's in the center/mono position.

Something is strange here.
a plugin physically cannot pan anything on a mono channel - it's a mono channel. it has no stereo content. hence - no panning. your DAW can do it, because all channels are really stereo as far as the DAW mixer is concerned.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I don't think that it will enhance the workflow, it's doing the same things as a DAW but with much less features, so it makes things more complicated. For the same purpose, Harrison Mixbus is a better alternative.

Is the consensus so far that this beats out Brainworx for sound quality despite not being very CPU optimized at the moment? I honestly don't care too much about the bucket view and supposed workflow improvements, I'm just interested in using it like a traditional channel strip plugin.

mb1685 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:25 pm Is the consensus so far that this beats out Brainworx for sound quality despite not being very CPU optimized at the moment? I honestly don't care too much about the bucket view and supposed workflow improvements, I'm just interested in using it like a traditional channel strip plugin.
V.similar imo

focusrite wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:45 pm
mb1685 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:25 pm Is the consensus so far that this beats out Brainworx for sound quality despite not being very CPU optimized at the moment? I honestly don't care too much about the bucket view and supposed workflow improvements, I'm just interested in using it like a traditional channel strip plugin.
V.similar imo
My initial feelings are bx4KE is more grabby and bass heavy. Both seem good, for me the better option really depends on what I use it on.

Return to “Effects”