New: Waves CLA MiXHUB - available now for 69$

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reggie1979 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:03 pm
Ramm Darkened wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:12 am Any info about the CPU usage?
It's kinda high if you are using really low buffers. I'm assuming that they didn't care as much because most of us mix at higher buffers. Still not awful but higher than Slate or McDsp type strips here. I use windows.
A lot of beginners don't even know about this, good looking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPbJGtrUZi0

@ 3:50 he talks about the CPU usage.

jochicago wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:30 pm
RE: Fortune Teller
I want to oust this account as a plant from Waves.
This is a new account created solely for the purpose of coming to this thread to shut down honest criticism, and post a bunch of positive reviews.

Click on the profile to view its history. They couldn't even do a minimal effort to try to hide it.

Shame on Waves for this behavior. In fact I'm pretty sure it is illegal. My opinion of the company has gone down a notch. The marketing budget has been peaking with Minority Report teaser ads, but now they are using flat-out deception to make a buck.

Now watch this douche try to lie about it.
You are incorrect sir, but you are obviously a hater of Waves, maybe it's time for you to let go and move on. Holding onto a grudge for an activation process you don't like or WUP you don't fully understand is a waste of time.

This is a new account created solely for the purpose of coming to this thread to shut down honest criticism, and post a bunch of positive reviews.

Click on the profile to view its history. They couldn't even do a minimal effort to try to hide it.

Shame on Waves for this behavior. In fact I'm pretty sure it is illegal. My opinion of the company has gone down a notch. The marketing budget has been peaking with Minority Report teaser ads, but now they are using flat-out deception to make a buck.

I doubt that he's a Waves plant but he obviously is a douchey Waves fanboi.

I like it, and see it as the best SSL console emu if / when the bugs are worked out.

Pretty sure it’s already been mentioned, but there’s some weird EQ filtering going on when you adjust Q gain until you bypass the EQ and re-engage it. Then, if you adjust the line input gain on the level bucket view, and switch to the regular channel view and adjust it and switch back to bucket view, the line input gets turned all the way up on the channel view.
You are currently reading my signature.

jbarish wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:57 am

I doubt that he's a Waves plant but he obviously is a douchey Waves fanboi.
Why are you trolling a thread of a product you've never used before? Insane.

jbarish wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:57 am I doubt that he's a Waves plant but he obviously is a douchey Waves fanboi.
IMO too douchey to be just a fanboi. He's posting videos without offering any comments. Accuses people of disliking Waves activation and WUP, but that's not even what we are talking about here.

A fanboi would at least stay on topic. This guy is too lazy, just copy-pasting shill arguments. It smells too much of garden-variety corporate greed. The most low-budget effort to derail an honest discussion - posting with an account that was just created to be in this thread, dismissing people using canned responses.

Sure, it's a small thing, easy to dismiss a douche and move on. But it's an affront to the community. How stupid are we supposed to be that this guy came here to put this thread on Waves-friendly rails using only BS responses?

Watch his next reply:
"You obviously don't understand the plugin and hate Waves because you don't understand WUP. WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE so I can keep control of this thread. I'm allowing only 5-star reviews here." - Yours truly, Waves Community Management.
And then goes right back to posting positive videos.
Last edited by jochicago on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

jochicago wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:20 am
jbarish wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:57 am I doubt that he's a Waves plant but he obviously is a douchey Waves fanboi.
IMO too douchey to be just a fanboi. He's posting videos without offering any comments. Accuses people of disliking Waves activation and WUP, but that's not even what we are talking about here.

A fanboi would at least stay on topic. This guy is too lazy, just copy-pasting shill arguments. It smells too much of garden-variety corporate greed. The most low-budget effort to derail an honest discussion - posting with an account that was just created to be in this thread, dismissing people using canned responses.

Sure, it's a small thing, easy to dismiss a douche and move on. But it's an affront to the community. How stupid are we supposed to be that this guy came here to put this thread on Waves-friendly rails using only BS responses?

Watch his next reply:
"You obviously don't understand the plugin and hate Waves because you don't understand WUP. WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE so I can keep control of this thread. I'm allowing only 5-star reviews here." - Yours truly, Waves Community Management.
People who can't win debates or arguments resort to personal attacks, I will not participate in your games. Please stop trying to derail the thread and stick to the OP's topic, thank you.

Here is another one, there was a question about muting chanels and apearently you cannot do that wich is a huge bummer. I kinda dont see how its not possible to do that either, because:
1. Plugin interacts with other same plugins
2. You can control volume of each, so how you cannot program command "If one is volume up other volume faders are down" is a bit hard to understand. And muting is not a plugin limitation.

But when come to think off, controling some of essential plugins like dynamics and eq is a really good idea. More DAWs could add this kind of feature of its own. I think Cubase, Reason and Studio one already has this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKmvIFyD29E

Sorry for not reading the entire thread but how does this compare to the bx console ssl? (Disregarding the multichannel feature)

I belive it might be time now or in the future for daws to have a place in their mixer for a new type of plugin, channel strip inserts with actual visible knobs etc.

fortune teller wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:57 am People who can't win debates or arguments resort to personal attacks, I will not participate in your games. Please stop trying to derail the thread and stick to the OP's topic, thank you.
You've been way more aggressive in this thread. And marketing practices are fair game for discussion.

I don't think you're a shill though because smart shills don't attack customers.

djanthonyw wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:07 am I like it, and see it as the best SSL console emu if / when the bugs are worked out.

Pretty sure it’s already been mentioned, but there’s some weird EQ filtering going on when you adjust Q gain until you bypass the EQ and re-engage it. Then, if you adjust the line input gain on the level bucket view, and switch to the regular channel view and adjust it and switch back to bucket view, the line input gets turned all the way up on the channel view.
Hmm it may explain why I had different input levels after reopening project. I thought that I forgot to save before closing project but maybe it's another bug.

Anyway, have you compared it to Plugin Alliance SSL? I don't but from everything else CLA Mixhub impressed me sound quality-wise even that I'm skeptical a lot about many new plugins. For this one I don't need to strain my ears to hear that 'magic 1% of improvement' :)

I guess it's a good concept, but only half executed.

How I'd prefer to see it:
  • the plugins you put on every channel should have an option to choose between clean processing (low CPU, vanilla filters, eq, compressor, etc.) and desk emulations (with a SSL "color", full-on GUI, etc.),
  • the main control plugin should be resizeable, ideally to cover whole screen and you should be able to zoom in/out, so that the controls are of desired size for the job you want (e.g. like Voltage Modular),
  • the main control plugin should show ALL tracks and FULL channel strips at once - you'd just scroll around it and - if necessary - zoom in/out to access things,
  • channel strips should include panorama, width, solo/mute, they should somehow visually distinguish between regular tracks, busses, sends, master, etc.,
  • there should be full support for (multi)touch screens as well as trackpads (2-finger swipes for scrolling around the desk, ctrl+2-fingers for zoom in/out)
I'd buy such a plugin :)
Last edited by antic604 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

imrae wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:31 am
fortune teller wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:57 am People who can't win debates or arguments resort to personal attacks, I will not participate in your games. Please stop trying to derail the thread and stick to the OP's topic, thank you.
You've been way more aggressive in this thread. And marketing practices are fair game for discussion.

I don't think you're a shill though because smart shills don't attack customers.
I'm sensing a return of synth guru ....

I quite like the idea of this but already have the bx_console equivalents - It'd be amazing if Brainworx were able to create a 'channel tap' version that added the functionality of tweaking every instance of the plugin from a master strip kinda like what Waves have achieved here.

Return to “Effects”