New: Waves CLA MiXHUB - available now for 69$

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:11 am It's really interesting how different we can all see/hear things. Anyways, hopefully whatever you use works for you!
I hardly use the Reason mixer. Mostly choosing to reach for plugins because I get distracted by new tools. Honestly I only tried it because it got brought up in this thread.

Yes there’s definitely more saturation going in Mixhub. However the Reason EQ sounds more comparable to Mixhub when in the E mode which is constant Q. And the channel compressor response is closer when set to peak mode and you also engage the gate then set it to taste. The knobs have wider ranges so it takes a bit more time to find sweet spots.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I paid 56 for it. As much as I've used it it feels like a bargain. YMMV (lol)

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:53 am I paid 56 for it. As much as I've used it it feels like a bargain. YMMV (lol)
Agreed, as someone who paid the extra $15 for the Scheps Omni and happily use it all the time without regret :D

Anyone mixing on multi touch screen?
I picture Mixhub shines at its best in that scenario.

I saw the video about it. But no I haven't.

Waves CLA Mixhub is 23.59$ at Plugindiscounts.com with Love30 discount code.

https://plugindiscounts.com/product/waves-cla-mixhub/

Pretty cheap!

Wow.

This is very interesting. I wish Harrison had done it this way. This is in Logic... :phones:

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.24.27 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

How do you have 6 windows open?

Also, to all, is there any update yet to fix bugs? I don't know how to check with waves plugs.

I usually check here:
https://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes

I've also been scanning Google for any news that Waves is planning fixes, but I haven't seen anything.

Thanks. Yeah, looks like nothing.

v1o wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:24 am I shot this out against the Reason mixer. They sound different I believe Mixhub is a 4000e, whereas Reason is the much more modern and clean 9000K. I wouldn’t say one is necessarily better than another they are just different. The Waves also models the saturation and noise in the analogue signal path. Whereas Reason is clean - just recreates the EQ curves and the response of the compressor. The knobs on the Waves are larger and easier to get precise values. The Waves however lacks a buss compressor. I do however have CLA mixdown, which imho is not as good nor as flexible as the Reason buss compressor.
I don’t know what Reason models, but I can certainly say that the MixHub is definitely an E. That’s also what CLA uses. In fact t this time round I believe Waves modelled his desk. The earlier plugin was modelled after something SSL provided Waves.

simon.a.billington wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:32 pm
v1o wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:24 am I shot this out against the Reason mixer. They sound different I believe Mixhub is a 4000e, whereas Reason is the much more modern and clean 9000K. I wouldn’t say one is necessarily better than another they are just different. The Waves also models the saturation and noise in the analogue signal path. Whereas Reason is clean - just recreates the EQ curves and the response of the compressor. The knobs on the Waves are larger and easier to get precise values. The Waves however lacks a buss compressor. I do however have CLA mixdown, which imho is not as good nor as flexible as the Reason buss compressor.
I don’t know what Reason models, but I can certainly say that the MixHub is definitely an E. That’s also what CLA uses. In fact t this time round I believe Waves modelled his desk. The earlier plugin was modelled after something SSL provided Waves.
The Waves is 4000E. Reason is 9000K.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:50 pm The Waves is 4000E. Reason is 9000K.
Thanks bro, two different beasts.

Speaking of SSL emulations, I also wonder what the IK White is modelling. I do know it’s a more modern console, late 90s possibly. Is that maybe a 9000 too??

Feelshallright wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:59 am Waves CLA Mixhub is 23.59$ at Plugindiscounts.com with Love30 discount code.

https://plugindiscounts.com/product/waves-cla-mixhub/

Pretty cheap!
Is that code typed correctly/or for this store? The site says it does not exist.

Given the date and the discount code name I'm guessing it was only available around Valentine's day

Return to “Effects”