New: Waves CLA MiXHUB - available now for 69$

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I so wish Harrison had made Mixbus a plugin like this instead of hitching it to that cumbersome workflow of Ardour. They would have had this market locked up years ago if you could get the MixBus sound without having to endure the clunky and unsightly Ardour GUI.

simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:33 pm
Grizzellda wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:21 pm I have been following this discussion here and at Slutz...

The idea seems to be what Harrison MixBus is doing, but with that approach you need to deal with Ardour, and that could cause a struggle. Struggling with a DAW is uncool when trying to be creative.

I dig the basic concept, and if I could be so bold, I would even speculate that this is the future for the DAW industry.

Presonus has got something goin' already, called The Mix Engine FX. It is an integrated channel-mixing-desk thing, in Studio One. They say "more products are coming", so we shall see.

How about some healthy gratitude for ol' Waves guyz! All this stuff is evolving, and they continue to push.
The trouble with Mixbuss or Reason is you have to go through the process of exporting your stems and importing them into another DAW, laying them out, organising them just to mix it. The time you think you're saving you're actually wasting in the end. What if there were problems?? What if you have to go back and re export a few tracks. More time wasted. Unless you work in those DAWs from the get go.

There its nothing terribly wrong with Mixbuss and Reason, but we shouldn't have to be forced into working with them when there is a better way. CLA MixHub symbolises a new paradigm shift. It's the closest thing we can get to a console workflow within our own DAWs. If it gains enough momentum it won't be just Waves doing it, many other plugin devs will get on board because this kind of streamlined workflow JUST MAKES SENSE.
I hate the EQ in Reason. Seriously, I like Reason but the eq sounds like it's from a different planet. You are correct about the having to do stems to use them. I'm thinking it's apples to oranges too. It's fun to set up buckets and mix that way. Maybe it's just me.

But, I hate the bugs! You can't even save a state to Studio One w/o the names of the individual buckets being lost. Waves hasn't gotten back to me about this, it's annoying (especially when they advertise it as working with most hosts) :(

I shot this out against the Reason mixer. They sound different I believe Mixhub is a 4000e, whereas Reason is the much more modern and clean 9000K. I wouldn’t say one is necessarily better than another they are just different. The Waves also models the saturation and noise in the analogue signal path. Whereas Reason is clean - just recreates the EQ curves and the response of the compressor. The knobs on the Waves are larger and easier to get precise values. The Waves however lacks a buss compressor. I do however have CLA mixdown, which imho is not as good nor as flexible as the Reason buss compressor.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

It's really interesting how different we can all see/hear things. Anyways, hopefully whatever you use works for you!

krabbencutter wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:02 am I'll give it 2 months at max until it's 29$ for the first time :clap: :D
2 weeks later and we're already at half price, see audiodeluxe & everyplugin
cla_wtf.JPG

Why they don't offer a grafical EQ Visualisation like softube or Reason, if they already offer a screen to compare channels ?

jbarish wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:45 am I so wish Harrison had made Mixbus a plugin like this instead of hitching it to that cumbersome workflow of Ardour. They would have had this market locked up years ago if you could get the MixBus sound without having to endure the clunky and unsightly Ardour GUI.
This! I had Mixbus 2 and upgraded to 3 before I realised that:

a) The Ardour engine is really not all that good
b) It's not very CPU efficient, a few plugins and already the CPU meter is shooting up
c) Reaper is so much easier to use, and just works, and
d) After exporting my tracks from Reaper and importing them in to Mixbus, I realised I really couldn't be arsed to keep doing that, even though I liked the end result.

I too kept thinking that if Harrison released a Mixbus plugin which was effectively a channel strip from Mixbus, they'd have blown the competition out of the water. Hell, they could release a channel strip plugin and a Bus plugin and you could replicate pretty much all of Mixbus in the DAW of your choice. I'd buy that tomorrow if I could.

As for 50% off CLA MixHub, while I chuckled a little bit, I'll still wait until it comes down to $29 (as it will one day)
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Right now it's $31, so $2 from their typical lowest price.

The thing is, until I hear from Waves that they are going to do something to address the massive CPU usage of the EQ module, I can't consider this plugin for my library.
Last edited by jochicago on Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jochicago wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:47 pm Right now it's $31, so $2 off their typical lowest price.
Yes and no. It's $31 at the resellers like Everyplugin after all the discounts have been applied. When it comes down to $29, it'll be $23 at the resellers, which is $8 less than it is right now.

$8 isn't huge, but $31 is more than I can justify right now, whereas $23 my wallet can cope with.

And I agree, there's a lot of bugs that need fixing plus the CPU usage is very high, higher than my little i5 can cope with I think!

Update: they confirmed in the waves audiophiles facebook group that it's a mistake and some products are excluded from the sale
mixhub_wtf_02.JPG

i'll demo it. I have the waves ssl bundle already. I realy would have bought it without testing, if they would have added a grafical EQ, I hate on all SSL Strips that i have no visual imagination where I am on the X / Y Axis, where the freqs are and i don't want only to mix with my ears only, sometimes the visualisation is very usefull, especialy when you want to mix all tracks, like this plugin suggests.

krabbencutter wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:10 pm Update: they confirmed in the waves audiophiles facebook group that it's a mistake and some products are excluded from the sale

mixhub_wtf_02.JPG

Thank you, now it's 99 + half price,

That means I don't have to demo it now!

Did seem like a kick in the pants for people who'd bought at $69 so I don't think anyone can complain. And if anyone bought at $30ish then good for them.

Still, the current $44 is a hefty discount from the "intro" price just 2 weeks ago.

I've been monitoring Waves plugins and the more premium ones with console modeling usually don't hover below that $45 mark. I haven't seen the big SSL, API plugins at $29 at any point last year. Can anyone confirm?

jochicago wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:05 pm Still, the current $44 is a hefty discount from the "intro" price just 2 weeks ago.

I've been monitoring Waves plugins and the more premium ones with console modeling usually don't hover below that $45 mark. I haven't seen the big SSL, API plugins at $29 at any point last year. Can anyone confirm?
If you mean the individual SSL and API plugins? Like the SSL G and the API 2500. Yes they’ve been on sale for $29 last year.

The only stuff that doesn’t go on sale is the live sound stuff and the room correction software.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Effects”