Plug-In Alliance Orgy

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:50 amI rather liked it. Do you have anything we could listen to?
https://soundcloud.com/alex-hahn-388475232
A bit fried in the higher freqs

"Plugin Alliance Orgy"... I went through this phase too. I kind of lost count after 30 plugins. Yes I'm ashamed and I'm seeing a professional about it. Haha!!

Damn. I think I'm having another relapse!!
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... %28Mark%29

simon.a.billington wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:36 am "Plugin Alliance Orgy"... I went through this phase too. I kind of lost count after 30 plugins. Yes I'm ashamed and I'm seeing a professional about it. Haha!!

I'll be curious to see what you think of those new ones. I'm overwhelmed as it is. If this thread has demonstrated nothing else, it's that I should work to master the plugs I have LOL.

As it is, I wonder if the Black Box and ACME won't overlap a bit in what they can do, but we'll see.

alex312 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:19 am
simon.a.billington wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:36 am "Plugin Alliance Orgy"... I went through this phase too. I kind of lost count after 30 plugins. Yes I'm ashamed and I'm seeing a professional about it. Haha!!

I'll be curious to see what you think of those new ones. I'm overwhelmed as it is. If this thread has demonstrated nothing else, it's that I should work to master the plugs I have LOL.

As it is, I wonder if the Black Box and ACME won't overlap a bit in what they can do, but we'll see.
I love Iron, it’s like 6 compressors in one. HawkEye looks like it has a few unique features. I probably don’t need it, but damn.

I love the bx_consoles too and the townhouse. Then there’s the reverb and delay. Unfiltered Audio is making good stuff too. Damn PA makes a lot of good stuff,

Damn, I thought there was a new plug on the market named Plugin Alliance Orgy. :ud:

Russell Grand wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:07 am Damn, I thought there was a new plug on the market named Plugin Alliance Orgy. :ud:
I imagine they are closely following this thread, and that might happen soon...Brainworx Orgy. Who wouldn't buy that plug?

Other random thoughts...Simon's comment about Iron is the most intriguing thing I've heard about that plug...certainly makes me want to demo it.

Since this thread started, I haven't done a whole lot of mixing, but all told I'm not using the ACME compressor as much as I had hoped. The Black Box is being used as a sweetener almost across my mixes, and the BX Opto has been helpful as well.

It was helpful to get the feedback on the vocals being too far out front, which makes sense. I don't have a lot of people listening to my stuff who can point out things like "that's too compressed."

Have any of you guys tried airgigs? I think there are some really good mixers out there, and certainly folks who make great use of plug-ins in addition to hardware.

alex312 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:05 am
Russell Grand wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:07 am Damn, I thought there was a new plug on the market named Plugin Alliance Orgy. :ud:
I imagine they are closely following this thread, and that might happen soon...Brainworx Orgy. Who wouldn't buy that plug?
:hihi:

alex312 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:05 am Brainworx Orgy. Who wouldn't buy that plug?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijioei7qFyo

They’ve got Maag Magnum-K out on the market now. Man I thought I was done with compressors. I thought I was done before Iron came along!!

I might be able to resist the urge on this one, but it’s like a Swiss Army Pocket Knife of compressors. I’d love to see it’s features all squeezed on a mixing console. That could be potentially next generation.

Just started to mix. Plugin alliance looks great and I demoed already a alot of plugins and own a few... Most likely I will get more.. Spl iron looks great, but right now a little to heavy for my pocket...

I bought bx_masterdesk but it seems I'm getting better resuts with a master eq, a compressor and a limiter.

I'll be frank, on reflection, although I like the plugs, I find the company's sales techniques to be untransparent and manipulative. The flucuations of the pricing are, as we have seen, extreme. I am presently receiving regular vouchers from them, but they require me, for example, to spend $150 to get a $75 discount. These are often "must use today!" vouchers.

When I was in the midst of my "orgy," I received such vouchers almost daily. Let's be frank -- that's just way of turning me into a ATM machine. A $75 discount might sound great, but in reality, from their perspective, it's $75 bucks of revenue. What's the downside for them in sending a voucher every day if it gets me to spend money I otherwise wouldn't have spent.

I also like Fab Filter plugs, and their pricing strikes me as very simple, straightforward, clear, and consistent.

With PA, we get prices that facially are extremely high -- in some cases more than $300 per plug -- but if one waits for a sale period, those same plugs become a fraction of that price. That kind of process turns the whole thing into a game, rather a straightforward business relationship.

As a related point, I recently turned up some mixes that I had done between 8 or 10 years ago. Although some of them were pretty amateurish sounding, in other cases, I felt that some of the sounds -- in terms of guitar sims, mastering, and "analogue warmth" -- weren't hugely different than I get now. Admittedly, this understates the differences between what I can achieve then and now with plug ins -- today, with subtractive EQ, I can create vocal harmonies that would have sounded like a complete clutter 10 years ago, both in terms of having learned more and also the quality of the plugs.

This track is an instrumental that was an homage to the television show "The Wire," for those that have watched it. It was recorded and mixed over 8 years ago. I don't remember at all what it was mastered with, but if I had to guess it was either Ozone or PSP Xenon. I think the mastering sounds basically fine. I think the guitar was recorded direct without any effects, although there is certainly some digital distortion.

Overall, this was an interesting exercise to reflect on how much, and whether, my more sophisticated plug ins have helped in the intervening years.

https://soundcloud.com/alex-hahn-388475 ... r-listenin

Does anyone know how the vouchers work ?

I bought HG-2 a few days ago when it was on offer so it should put me in $25 tier, but I didn't receive voucher yet so I presume I didn't get in early enough to be considered for this months voucher and will instead get the 1st next month ?

Digivolt wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:04 pm Does anyone know how the vouchers work ?

I bought HG-2 a few days ago when it was on offer so it should put me in $25 tier, but I didn't receive voucher yet so I presume I didn't get in early enough to be considered for this months voucher and will instead get the 1st next month ?
I would contact sales. You only need to spend $50 to get on the voucher train.
best,
e.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Yeah nice sound but aweful login system...
Reseting password takes forever and sometimes you get locked for 5 minutes and stuff like that...

Thavma wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:51 pm Yeah nice sound but aweful login system...
Reseting password takes forever and sometimes you get locked for 5 minutes and stuff like that...
Actually I think they have the best, most transparent licensing system I've come across.

Installation Manager could afford to be bit more informative, like tell us what versions we have installed vs what the latest version available is. It's already seen a few updates though, and it certainly is better than the original release.

Return to “Effects”