Plug-In Alliance Orgy

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

alex312 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 pm
It's definitely a good thing to be open to how your music is landing with other people. At the same time, there's not an artist out there, including good ones, who hasn't been ridiculed and harshly criticized. For my part, I was more than pleasantly surprised by the overall response to my record "The Erotic Review." I have had more than a handful of people whom I had never met describe the album as personally meaningfully to them. One song was curated onto a playlist by Spotify and got over 3,000 plays. That's not to show off -- and by this time my monthly plays are a trickle -- and but really just to illustrate the point that as artists, we should all look at our positive feedback as well as the negative.
Nice response champ. :tu:

Straight up, I've been guilty of significantly worse than your track in the past (and sometimes still). I actually quite like it, but I'm no producer so the technicalities of the recording are really outside my scope. Then again, I have a similar background in that I come from a punk background where it is more about the vibe.

And as a big tick of approval, I'm actually listening to your Souncloud track list (and enjoying it) and this is an extreme rarity when it comes to KVR user productions for me. I would actually like to hear some of these tracks punked up to 160BPM with obnoxiously loud and aggressive drums, and a generally angry "farQ" attitude

alex312 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 pm [snip]It's definitely a good thing to be open to how your music is landing with other people. [snip]
I liked your track, alex312. That jbarish "new zealand deck" does not speak for me despite his sociopathic prose. :phones:

jbarish is a Kiwi?

I agree that was overly harsh but I also agree the track needs work. If you're into the lofi indie thing you should just record to 4-track or demo cassette and forego plugins altogether.

Speaking of New Zealand and lofi indie I assume you into the Flying Nun/'Dunedin Sound' stuff from the 80s (The Clean, The Chills, 3Ds, Chris Knox, Able Tasmans etc)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjW3MT8D9RY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrNn_3MKjXM

antic604 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:14 pm
alex312 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 amAfter recently discovering this developer
Technically, PA is not a "developer" but an aggregate site distributing plugins from Unfiltered Audio, Brainworx, Elysia, SPL and few others :)
What kind of copy protection to all of the PA developers use? I try to stay with Serial, keyfile, or watermark as much as possible. (Not trying to start a copy protection debate, I promise--I'm just wanting to know if these plugins will be something I may want to buy in the future). :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

jbarish wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:53 pm Yes it is harsh but unfortunately also true. You know you guys were all thinking it. Don't get mad because I told the him the truth that no one else had the decency to tell him.
I see my music making as an art or a craft that I try to continually improve on. If I am making progress, then that's good enough for me. I am only competing against myself (That's why you don't see me posting my tracks--I don't want to hear your opinions. :-) So, as far as I'm concerned, if he's happy with his track, maybe it's because he's improved over earlier tracks. If so, I would be happy for him and encouraging. Constructive criticism is the only useful criticism.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

i wanna see some pics (recent ones too) before i agree to an orgy :neutral:

audiojunkie wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:08 pm What kind of copy protection to all of the PA developers use? I try to stay with Serial, keyfile, or watermark as much as possible. (Not trying to start a copy protection debate, I promise--I'm just wanting to know if these plugins will be something I may want to buy in the future). :-)
Challenge/response. It's similar to Waves in that you can put licences on a USB stick and use it as a dongle. Three activations and you can manage them from the PA website so it's not a problem if you wipe a hard drive or change the hardware ID before deactivating. You just deactivate the machine remotely.

Gamma-UT wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:37 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:08 pm What kind of copy protection to all of the PA developers use? I try to stay with Serial, keyfile, or watermark as much as possible. (Not trying to start a copy protection debate, I promise--I'm just wanting to know if these plugins will be something I may want to buy in the future). :-)
Challenge/response. It's similar to Waves in that you can put licences on a USB stick and use it as a dongle. Three activations and you can manage them from the PA website so it's not a problem if you wipe a hard drive or change the hardware ID before deactivating. You just deactivate the machine remotely.
Thanks for the info! Just what I needed to know. 8)

jacqueslacouth wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:39 pmNice response champ. :tu:
Hear-hear. I liked your track, and it did remind me of Curt singing. "Too High To Die" is one my favorites. Keep having fun with your music - your attitude and perspective on your music sound just like mine - couldn't have said it better.

Gamma-UT wrote: Three activations and you can manage them from the PA website so it's not a problem if you wipe a hard drive or change the hardware ID before deactivating. You just deactivate the machine remotely.
One of the best things about PA's whole system. Very few developers have this available.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:39 pm
alex312 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Straight up, I've been guilty of significantly worse than your track in the past (and sometimes still). I actually quite like it, but I'm no producer so the technicalities of the recording are really outside my scope. Then again, I have a similar background in that I come from a punk background where it is more about the vibe.

And as a big tick of approval, I'm actually listening to your Souncloud track list (and enjoying it) and this is an extreme rarity when it comes to KVR user productions for me. I would actually like to hear some of these tracks punked up to 160BPM with obnoxiously loud and aggressive drums, and a generally angry "farQ" attitude
Now this is an awesome idea! I've probably mellowed a bit too much my own good : ). Thanks for the kind words.

cprompt wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:54 am
jbarish wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:09 am Sorry to say that after hearing your track, every cent you've ever spent on creating music has been a complete waste of time & $$$.
Harsh!
give it a few more years and it will get there.

jbarish wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:09 am Sorry to say that after hearing your track, every cent you've ever spent on creating music has been a complete waste of time & $$$.
I rather liked it. Do you have anything we could listen to?

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Speaking of New Zealand and lofi indie I assume you into the Flying Nun/'Dunedin Sound' stuff from the 80s (The Clean, The Chills, 3Ds, Chris Knox, Able Tasmans etc)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjW3MT8D9RY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrNn_3MKjXM
Now that's taking me back...I remember picking up a Flying Nun compilation CD way back when, on a ski trip to Queenstown. I was enjoying the kiwi beer so much I thought I needed a music souvenir of my trip...haven't listened in many a year, but as I recall it was pretty bloody good stuff.

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:50 am
I rather liked it. Do you have anything we could listen to?
+1

Return to “Effects”