Plug-In Alliance Orgy

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbarish wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:09 am Sorry to say that after hearing your track, every cent you've ever spent on creating music has been a complete waste of time & $$$.
In your humble opinion of course. :hihi:
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

jbarish wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:09 am Sorry to say that after hearing your track, every cent you've ever spent on creating music has been a complete waste of time & $$$.
you can't tell shit like these ! :x :x :x :x

hivkorn wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 am
don't waste our pixels to tell shit like these ! :x :x :x :x

Yes it is harsh but unfortunately also true. You know you guys were all thinking it. Don't get mad because I told the him the truth that no one else had the decency to tell him.

alex312 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 am After recently discovering this developer and trying some demos, I found the quality to be very high.
Oh c'mon Dirk, didn´t we told you to stop creating those fake accounts?

:clown:

soulone82 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:47 pm
alex312 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 am After recently discovering this developer and trying some demos, I found the quality to be very high.
Oh c'mon Dirk, didn´t we told you to stop creating those fake accounts?

:clown:
Yes, this thread stinks... :roll:

jbarish wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:53 pm Yes it is harsh but unfortunately also true. You know you guys were all thinking it. Don't get mad because I told the him the truth that no one else had the decency to tell him.
this is HIS music , keep in mind you're not the best and you 'll never be.

jbarish wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:53 pm Yes it is harsh but unfortunately also true. You know you guys were all thinking it. Don't get mad because I told the him the truth that no one else had the decency to tell him.
Well yes, but perhaps you could've given him some constructive feedback, like: the vocals were too loud, the drums too quiet etc etc etc.

At least he had the balls to post some of his music, most of us don't (at least, I don't!).
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Ramm Darkened wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:15 am
EzDrummer 2?
You nailed it!

Listening to the rest of the album on Sound Cloud, he kinda reminds me of The Meat Puppets.

There is a difference between track needing more work, or in this case, some different arrangement, songwriting and mix decisions - and they may all turn out to be quite minor. That's a long, long way from it being a waste of time or money. Get a grip.

The compression on the voice doesn't work badly at all - but it's mixed way too high and upfront relative to the guitar and percussion. Some cuts in the mids might help. Though I think one issue is that the song possibly needs a sparser guitar sound - it's too indistinct in something that I guess is meant to sound intimate (pun partially intended).

cprompt wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:35 pm Listening to the rest of the album on Sound Cloud, he kinda reminds me of The Meat Puppets.
Thanks very much, that's high praise. Perhaps not surprising -- when I was in a punk band in high school, we opened at various times for Husker Du, the Minutemen, and the Meat Puppets. "Meat Puppets II" was a huge influence on all of us at that time, and an amazing record. For that matter, however, if they had posted the song "Plateau" on this forum, some people certainly would have said that Curt Kirkwood can't sing a bit and would have ridiculed the song. And yet, some people consider "Plateau" to be a signature American composition of recent decades.

It's definitely a good thing to be open to how your music is landing with other people. At the same time, there's not an artist out there, including good ones, who hasn't been ridiculed and harshly criticized. For my part, I was more than pleasantly surprised by the overall response to my record "The Erotic Review." I have had more than a handful of people whom I had never met describe the album as personally meaningfully to them. One song was curated onto a playlist by Spotify and got over 3,000 plays. That's not to show off -- and by this time my monthly plays are a trickle -- and but really just to illustrate the point that as artists, we should all look at our positive feedback as well as the negative.

Gamma-UT wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:38 pm
jbarish wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:09 am
The compression on the voice doesn't work badly at all - but it's mixed way too high and upfront relative to the guitar and percussion. Some cuts in the mids might help. Though I think one issue is that the song possibly needs a sparser guitar sound - it's too indistinct in something that I guess is meant to sound intimate (pun partially intended).
Thanks for the feedback. The stuff on your soundcloud has some great and fascinating sounds, by the way. It's helpful to get feedback like this from people who get down into the weeks or mixing and plug-ins. I have enjoyed learning about subtractive EQ, and did my best to cut annoying mid frequencies, but it sounds like I need to do more. As for the guitar, that strikes me as a good point, and one I hadn't really considered. The material is indeed supposed to be intimate, and anything that detracts from that is a candidate for being diminished or dropped.

alex312 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 pm"Meat Puppets II" was a huge influence on all of us at that time, and an amazing record. For that matter, however, if they had posted the song "Plateau" on this forum, some people certainly would have said that Curt Kirkwood can't sing a bit and would have ridiculed the song. And yet, some people consider "Plateau" to be a signature American composition of recent decades.
I guess Nirvana turned me on to the Meat Puppets back in the day, and I still really like Monsters, great album that.
alex312 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 pmIt's definitely a good thing to be open to how your music is landing with other people. At the same time, there's not an artist out there, including good ones, who hasn't been ridiculed and harshly criticized. For my part, I was more than pleasantly surprised by the overall response to my record "The Erotic Review." I have had more than a handful of people whom I had never met describe the album as personally meaningfully to them. One song was curated onto a playlist by Spotify and got over 3,000 plays. That's not to show off -- and by this time my monthly plays are a trickle -- and but really just to illustrate the point that as artists, we should all look at our positive feedback as well as the negative.
Enjoy what you do, have fun, keep going, take on board valid criticism and believe in yourself. Music is an art not a science, there's no right or wrong.

But I do think your vocals are too high in the mix :wink:

Return to “Effects”