Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^^^
Modulys looks very interesting and capable.
I will check out your other products.
http://www.raxntrax.com/

Although Nora is high on my list I'd have to say Air Music Transfuser2 with its tiny gui and all. I find that I keep going back to it after buying new plugins from deals. I may use something like Maschine, or Liquid Rhythm to record a beat in TF, then I can just simplify the beat to varying degrees by turning a smart knob. I can then easily map out 12 randomized patterns that I can switch on the fly from the keyboard.

I sometimes also will do the same with chord tracks, but I generally lean on Nora for that. I swear that little plugin does it all. I know that I don't do it any justice, but in the proper hands a person can do a lot with it both as an instrument and FX. There are certainly nicer plugins out there, but as I said I always finding it to be my most versatile plugin that's quick and easy to use.

^^^
I bought Air Music Transfuser2 because of the great reviews and MARIO and the low price.
Have not yet played with it. Does TF2 have a midi capabilities?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:19 am ^^^
I bought Air Music Transfuser2 because of the great reviews and MARIO and the low price.
If it has a midi out I'd get it too maybe for the drums. But I did not see it in the descriptions. Anybody know?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:19 am ^^^
Yes, but it is looping audiosamples so it have to convert audio to midi for midi out. Which it doesn't.
You change midi channel for each module you use and it syncs to host.
It only uses 4 bars for its beats but you can drag one of the 12 patterns to your daws track. That can be done for every module and repeated to build a whole song in that way. The track and the module channel should be the same.
OBS. Be sure to select "play notes/pads/slices" in note range menu. It's on the same panel as patterns who's found in the sequenser section. Otherwise you get strange sound from the midipattern.

ADDITION:
The first pattern is what's in use. The other 11 patterns have to be done by changing the sequence manually or random by M.A.R.I.O.
Drums seems to be excluded from this rule. I had different patterns from getgo when i last fiddled with Transfuser.

Some thing new!
PHRASEBOX
PHRASE ARPEGGIATOR
https://venomode.com/phrasebox
On Sale till Feb. 29th.
35£ or $46

What would be an interesting midi fx chain to tie in to Phrasebox?

I am still hoping for a multi-touch note or chord progression midi interactive plugin.
It will have musical randomizers.
Modular with midi blocks.
The capability to host VST's.
I retain the right to add more features. :lol:

Could this be the Loomer Architect?

BTW I am very happy for the recent midi plugin revival.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:10 am Some thing new!
PHRASEBOX
PHRASE ARPEGGIATOR
On Sale till Feb. 29th.
35£ or $46

What would be an interesting midi fx chain to tie in to Phrasebox?
Thanks for the heads up. Seems like it is a direct competitor to Nora. I just downloaded it and start the demo. First impression is : it has some nice features that Nora doesn't have. But I don't know if it can replace Nora in my VST list. Keep playing.

From the KVR thread
Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?
mrsugmad wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:40 am Here was todays livestream; Unify and midi effects...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKcf8w379sM
Wondering what midi fx if any are included.

Just saw this thread on Hexo, a Max for Live multi-track arpeggiator/sequencer: viewtopic.php?t=537613

It looks cool, and I don't have a multi-track arpeggiator/sequencer. Then I wonder, would it really help workflow, over having separate instances of arpeggiators/sequencers on different tracks? Do any of you find such a feature useful?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:10 am Some thing new!
PHRASEBOX
PHRASE ARPEGGIATOR
On Sale till Feb. 29th.
35£ or $46
I’ve been playing around with Phrasebox quite a bit the past two days (running the vst-only plugin through BlueCat’s Patchwork in Logic). I’m enjoying it quite a bit and plan to buy it soon. For me, the main thing missing is an ability to group move the generated notes around the built-in sequencer, which I think is quite important (for example, to move the pattern to start on beat 1 if it doesn’t generate that way). But I’ve emailed the developer and he says he plans to add the capability; I very much hope he follows through (although it’s still already useful as-is).

^^^
Thanks for the review.
Still wondering is there a midi plugin chain that would be worth trying.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:27 am ^^^
Thanks for the review.
Still wondering is there a midi plugin chain that would be worth trying.
I'm not sure if this is what you mean by a "midi plugin chain," but one thing to note is that, in my experience so far, the random generator in Phrasebox works by far the best when you input 8-note chords for the arp to work with. I rarely (if ever!) actually play 8-note chords. But then I remembered that Mozaic Beats' AutoTheory plugin has a chord-stacking capability, such that you can pick from a wide variety of chord types in any key, choose the stacking option, and easily and automatically get 8-note chords with the touch of a single key! So I fed AutoTheory into Blue Cat's Patchwork MidiFX (which I'm using to host the VST-only Phrasebox in Logic, as mentioned above) and it worked perfectly! That'll definitely a primary approach for me for using Phrasebox going forward.
Last edited by SirkusPi on Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:09 am From the KVR thread
Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?
mrsugmad wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:40 am Here was todays livestream; Unify and midi effects...
Wondering what midi fx if any are included.
Only the free BlueArp and RipChord. But it's easy to set-up your own stuff inside Unify.
More BPM please

Apparently Scaler 2 has not been announced or released yet.
https://forum.scalerplugin.com/
Looks like Scaler has a big following.

Hope they offer an intro price to entice me and all other interested.

Edit: looks like that Scaler 2 will be released late February 2020.
Beta versions are available.

Edit: More info and Video on Scaler 2
https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/scaler ... te/1289/13
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”