Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

David,
Thanks for the :tu: on HY's Sequencer Collection it was on my list of possible purchases.
https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-seqcollectionwinmac/
But here best to buy a bundle.

CrunkNationEnt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:34 pm Does anyone have a consensus on the melody makers (Midi Madness, Melody Sauce, Riffer) discussed in this post?
I think Reason Studios have a specific one as well...Would like to have something a bit more tame than the RPG8 :)
If you haven't yet checked out Chord Potion, that one is a ton of fun.
https://feelyoursound.com/chordpotion/

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:20 am ^^^
I hope that the Rack never gets a midi out so that I will have a legit excuse not to buy it and spend lots of money Players.
Yes Midi loopback will do the trick but I really prefer a simple way for doing things. So I will wait for the Rack to host third party VST's. But then after all that said I am still interested. :scared:
Yup, 'tis a Rack-et, to be sure:)
Last edited by David on Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

David wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:29 pm Fwiw, I'll also offer the personal opinion that right now the overall best-featured MIDI FX plugin, for the money, is HY's Sequencer Collection, which is about $60. There's a free version to get a taste for it with, and it's more of a sequencer, obviously, than a straight-up random-melody tool, but it has randomizers all over it, a MIDI recording feature so you can easily drag out and chop apart bits of whatever it's doing, a bunch of built-in MIDI FX to process the sequencing, AND it does great MIDI CC modulation, with or without the sequencers running.
If you could only buy one Zenith or HY-SeqCollection2
which would it be?

^^^
HY, for sure. It's much deeper in all the areas that really matter, and has no should-be-there-but-aren't-yet problems—imo.

I've definitely got great hopes for Zenith, but since I already have HY, I'm OK with waiting:)

Just posted this to start another thread, but thought it might be relevant here, too, for those wishing to use Reason Rack devices to output midi to other DAW instruments: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=535706&p=7594087#p7594087.

Not sure if it will work, but worth a shot . . . .

David,

When you chain several midi plugins do you use Bidule or something similar?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:53 pm David,

When you chain several midi plugins do you use Bidule or something similar?
Don't need to if they're AU MIDI FX, since Logic lets you stack these up very nicely. I only resort to Bidule, or more often BlueCat Patchwork, when what I want to do involves MIDI-Out VSTs (like Kontakt for example), or if there's a MIDI Thru issue to solve; Bidule's great for that:)

I'm looking for a Midi-FX that fires (like an arpeggiator) notes in the speed of the pressed pitch frequency. Glide should also be possible. Does not seem to be common, since quite easily CPU crashes can be caused, especially for higher notes. Do you know a midi-FX who can?

The only program i could use to reach this goal was izotope break tweaker (the nice microedit feature).

Melda's MIDI CC modulation tool is now released! <<Link to web page.

It's amazing; gif just scratches the surface; note the tabs at the top I didn't even open (the step sequencer presets I do show are Euclidean divisions, btw):

And it's free, part of the totally amazing Free Pack…but when I tried the beta a while ago, I was confused to find that virtually all the useful features needed to be unlocked by upgrading the Free Pack; hmmm… That's about $50…BUT now on BF sale for half that. Link also shows all the other Free Pack content, all of which will also be made much more useful and pleasnt to use with the upgrade.

I know, a bit bait and switch, but it's totally worth it.

Modulation freaks, this is a MUST BUY.

Here's another thread on this Melda gift, with a bunch more detail:
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=534403

For those who are interested in HY-SEQCollection 2, for the price of the latest issue of Computer Music, you can get the CM version of it which looks like it includes most of the functionality... (plus I think you also get a version of the HY Multi-FX as part of the standard CM software collection now too)

David, thanks for the heads up about HY's Sequencer Collection. I bought it today 20 minutes after playing with the demo. Very well thought out plugin. As soon as I figured out the modulation section I was sold. And I'll add that I am a big fan of simplistic registration of products and this ticks that box as well.

FWIW... Sugarbytes should/could have made a sequel to Thesys that would have tackled a lot of what is in HY's Sequencer Collection. I'm guessing the money/interest wasn't there for more development.

I forgot to add that HY's Sequencer Collection2's re-sizable interface is a big plus as well.

Return to “Effects”