Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks, wish I could see it in action first

+1

The euclidean sequencer from HY can do all that, and more.
You can for example modulate parameters with lof's, mseg's, s&h..; you can use the scale, harmonizer, transpose, note chance, ... modules.

The one from HY only has 4 lanes but imo that's plenty. I don't see how you could ever use 16.

Edit: the harmonizer (chords) in HY is shared by all lanes so you cannot have different chords per lanes. But all in all, it has a lot more options.

It can certainly do more, and it, too, is a wonderful device, and a great bargain. But please show me it arpeggiating. Or sending CCs. OK, just saw this myself:)

David wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:05 pm
It can certainly do more, and it, too, is a wonderful device, and a great bargain. But please show me it arpeggiating. Or sending CCs.
It isn't very musically orientated, but with the SLFO and MPE modulator you can change pitches, so you can arpeggiate (sort of) and even play melodies if you want. Combine it with the scale module and you could even have some happy accidents.

Certainly all true, it's a really cool device. But with the HateFish (HATE the name!), I can actually play in exactly the pitches I want. Unique, and much more engaging (to me) than just trolling for accidents…which is all I've ever been able to do with ANY Euclidean seq (and I have a LOT of them, inside Reaktor, Kontakt, Mdrummer, etc.—no question, the HY version is the most deep) when sending to tonal sounds…until now.

David wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:51 pm Certainly all true, it's a really cool device. But with the HateFish (HATE the name!), I can actually play in exactly the pitches I want. Unique, and much more engaging (to me) than just trolling for accidents…which is all I've ever been able to do with ANY Euclidean seq (and I have a LOT of them, inside Reaktor, Kontakt, Mdrummer, etc.—no question, the HY version is the most deep) when sending to tonal sounds…until now.
the arp is a great touch - and I find the interface very easy to understand and use - which is also worth a lot to me as well.(although the note selection drop down is a bit crap) Will be interesting to see the features that get added as they update it.

David, Thank for the Hatefish video.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:44 pm David, Thank for the Hatefish video.
+1

_underscore_ is a deep tool for Kontakt. You can use your own samples in addition to the usable on-board sounds:
https://www.kontakthub.com/product/_underscore_
Need to physically type last underscore at end of url to get to page.
Not interpreted as part of link.
Wait till its on sale to buy.

Pulse might look a bit similar to Riff Generation, but way cheaper.
You need your own samples for it, or use it to drive other vsts.
https://www.kontakthub.com/product/Pulse/

Riff Generation could use more scale choices.

Tried loading 2 instances of Riff Gen in a multi and found that very interesting; polyphony is entirely possible, but puts a heavy load on the cpu. I never maxed out (running Logic on a 5-year-old iMac), but came close; wouldn't risk three instances. Sounded great, though!

Actually, I ran it with live mono keyboard input, and with both HFish and HY Euclid as a MIDI FX, and RG set to retrigger (I set the seq rates slow enough to allow 4 or 5 quick notes to roll out in RG before retriggering), and the cpu hit was much worse with live input, the meter jumping about a lot, into the 5/6ths range, compared to when running either seq into it. Then it never moved and stayed at about 1/5th to 1/6th. Either way, this is now my preferred way to fiddle with Riff Gen:)
Last edited by David on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks, just saw your reply. Bought today and just playing with 2 instances got nice polyphony.
CPU doesn't seem to be an issue for playback yet for me, although I noticed some slowness otherwise that may or may not be related. I imagine drag/drop, one on top of the other, and merging midi events will work fine or otherwise experimenting with settings for midi out.
Polyrhythms will be fun with multis. Maybe InSession doesn't advertise multis for it due to cpu hit? Anyway, glad I bought so far. Thanks for your perspective/feedback.

^^^
Glad to hear it:)

Here's MY latest discovery: MIDI Thru in HY's Seq Collection (new in the latest ver 1.0.4, yellow button at far top right), which lets me run the HY seq just as a deeply versatile MIDI CC source (note that all notes are switched off in the Scale MIDI FX, lower left—probably not nec, with Euclid seq since you can turn all its lanes off, but needed with the others) modulating the Sculpture Morph panel, with HFish running through it doing it's arp-ing thing—LOVE it:)

Of course, I'm totally loving the note sequencing in the HY Collection, too; just like it even better seeing that it's ALSO a fantastic modulator, with or without the notes part.

I had a couple of weird occurences so far; not sure if user error.
Changing to some different scales during playback of snapshot, "melody" became static somewhat, losing the initial riff.
Also, generated scenes on 2-8 and lost original playback of scene 1. Entire group of scenes appeared to go an octave lower without coherence to the original.
All this was after eliminating second instance from multi.

Looks like you can't have independent scales for scenes unless the scale per scene is actually changing behind the scenes and not reflected on interface.

I wonder if it's possible to disable the sequencer so the sounds can be mapped and played across the keyboard either manually or triggered from outside the library.

Return to “Effects”