Your top 3 best FX plugins of 2018

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The ONLY 3 fx I bought/upgraded this year are therefore the best :-)

BYOME
Breeze 2
SP2016 (upgrade)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

My best buys this year:

- Admiral Quality Stunning Phaser. Best phaser I've heard and used in software.
- Polyverse Gatekeeper. Nice looking and VERY exact. Easier to manage than LFOtool which I also like.
- Sonic Academy Kick 2. Well, its an instrument but anyways. Did my own kicks in other ways before or just used other peoples samples. Never getting the perfect kick from old samples you or somebody else made is history now.

Unfiltered Audio BYOME
Blue Cat Late Replies
Blue Cat MB-7

plus reverb and that covers a lot of territory
what you don't know only makes you stronger

Waves omni channel
Klanghelm dc8c3
Kuassa Caliburn
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

GreyLion wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:57 am Everything by Chris at Airwindows -- If you're not using his plugs, you're missing so many best-in-class processors that kick the *ss of many other plugs that you've spend hundreds of dollars on.
No thanks, zipper noise fest while using parameters.

1: Anything from fuse audio labs
2: Anything from toneboosters
3: Omega 458a

This year:

1. Nix shifter
2. Nix shifter
3. Nix shifter

Nothing shifts as good as this one! :party:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I feels like adding MXXX will be cheating but I will still mention it.use it on all my sound design channel .

Hope so it will be equivalent to all 3 spots
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

cnt wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:37 am - Admiral Quality Stunning Phaser. Best phaser I've heard and used in software.
I found the feedback way too shrill.

My vote would be Eventide SP2016. Great sounding reverb. Only didn't buy it because i feel like i'm set with what i have.

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:05 am The subject of this thread is about YOUR Fx in 2018, not the Fx launched in the 2018. I.e. best of your new purchases of 2018.
OP says "what would be the top 3 plugins that were released this year."

That would be 2CAudio B2, Breeze 2.1 (plus Precedence) and N.I. Replika XT then.
However, there is FX in some synths i wish there was a dedicated plug-in for like the mod FX in Alchemy synth and the plate reverb module in P900.
Oh there are many more i like so hard to choose just 3.

New releases:
  • Toneboosters Reelbus 4 - a subtle effect with plenty of features and good user interface
  • Kuassa Caliburn - I don't even like Marshalls that much but this is a great workflow for fierce sound
  • Kazrog TrueIron - Still getting to know it, but this is probably going to end up in lots of places. A nice complement to SDRR that does something slightly different.
Honourable updates:
  • Klanghelm's DC8C3 was released, and makes the "easy" modes much more useful by letting you convert them into "advanced" mode at will.
  • Tokyo Dawn added even more features to Nova GE and another compression mode to Limiter 6 GE
Honourable mentions:
  • Airwindows. Can't get zipper noise if you only automate sends :tu: Lots of interesting new flavours of compression and saturation. NonLinearSpace seems fun too. BitGlitter is well cool.
  • VCV Rack. Lots of nice stuff came out for VCV this year and it plays along with the DAW a bit more smoothly too.

fx: cableguys - shaperbox, sugarbytes - looperator, UA - byome
reverb /delay: u-he - copycolour, eventide - sp2016, soundtoys - echoboy
mixing / mastering: ff - pro Q3, PA - bx_masterdesk, ozone8 advance

BYOME, Lindell TE100 & Airwindows Pop ...

BYOME
Arouser
Crusher-X 7.5

Wow! Thanks for all of the BYOME mentions.

1) MTurboDelay
2) Colour Copy
3) MSpectralDelay

(I like delays)

Return to “Effects”