Plugin Alliance new transfer policy caused concerns and is corrected...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:lol:

soulone82 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:11 am
db3 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:35 am I guess that's what this guy was trying to explain to Dirk ;)
You are absolutely right!

:lol:

plexuss wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:14 pm I'll leave this here for future reference. :phones:
Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 3.11.50 PM.png
It's time to celebrate the two month anniversary of Dirk's (seemingly false) December 7th promise.

They managed to mark all my licenses as transferable again but could not "for technical reasons" remove the "You cannot transfer (...) licenses that were previously transferred to you".

They took us for a ride and plainly robbed us. Then they asked us to wait "for technical reasons" as to dilute our anger and minimize the PR issue.

@iftango

Are you saying that going forward there will be no transfers of second hand licenses?

Can anyone confirm this?
Last edited by nathanj on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

soulone82 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:11 am Image
omg lol

Looks to me like hes saying, "Geeze man, I fixed those bugs like 5 months ago, when are you
gonna release the update from QA? "

Josh just looks bored out of his mind...

nathanj wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 am Are you saying that going forward there will be no transfers of second hand licenses?
Can anyone confirm this?
Well they indeed officially removed the possibility to sell second hand licenses in December without telling anyone. Then they publicly said it was a mistake when they were called out on it. Since then two months have gone by and they have not been able to change that sentence "for technical reasons"...which is very hard to believe.
They have indeed put back our second hand licenses as transferable in the transfer page but there is absolutely no official sign (apart from old promises from Dirk and PA support) that second hand licenses can be sold nor that second hand licenses bought now are transferable.

Until they change their terms officially on their website you better consider your second hand PA licenses to be worth nada.

Well, their use value will always be there as long as it works.

I just registered a used plugin I bought and am able to transfer it.

iftango wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:05 pm
They have indeed put back our second hand licenses as transferable in the transfer page
So then, they are transferable at the moment, regardless of what the official verbiage is?

That’s my understanding.

Even though they have made everyone's existing purchases resellable, i would think it safer to assume that going forward the rules will be as stated on the website. Since they seem in no hurry to change the wording, they are probably working on the premise that everyone who complained will forget about it eventually.

nathanj wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:49 pm I just registered a used plugin I bought and am able to transfer it.
This is good to know, thank you.
mutantdog wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:42 pmSince they seem in no hurry to change the wording, they are probably working on the premise that everyone who complained will forget about it eventually.
Indeed. Not changing the wording allows them to cancel second hand transfers anytime they wish to.

nathanj wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:49 pm I just registered a used plugin I bought and am able to transfer it.
Same here,

I bought bx_saturator second-hand on the market place yesterday. It has shown up on my Transfer-License page in my account, so can be sold on again.

Maybe this has been fixed now? as I had a plug I sold recently that didn`t show up in the new users Transfer-License page.

They still haven`t fixed the text here aswell:

If you "cannot transfer ... licences that were previously transferred to you" then how can "the same plug-in only be transferred twice"?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Does it seems like PA is playing games with this? Is trust being erroded? :phones:

Return to “Effects”