Plugin Alliance new transfer policy caused concerns and is corrected...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Huh?
their recent releases were top notch. Metric ab, byome, Phil, iron definitely not impulse buys. At least not for me.

dermage wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:39 pm Huh?
their recent releases were top notch. Metric ab, byome, Phil, iron definitely not impulse buys. At least not for me.
Good luck if want to sell any of them.

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:36 am The prices for their older plugins have completely crumbled in the second hand market ...
Plugin Alliance doesn't seem to disclose changelogs on their site for any of their plugins, say nothing of the "older" ones. Wonder why that is? :wink:

dermage wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:39 pm their recent releases were top notch. Metric ab, byome, Phil, iron definitely not impulse buys. At least not for me.
How long did you demo them for before buying? Were the time limits on the discounts a factor? Would you buy them at the regular price?

They are not impulse buys for everyone. But they are impulse buys for many people. And the marketing tactics rely on that. I don't think that's a controversial statement if you know marketing.

Tappistry wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:15 am Plugin Alliance doesn't seem to disclose changelogs on their site for any of their plugins, say nothing of the "older" ones. Wonder why that is? :wink:
Yeah, it's not where you would expect it to be, both/either on the product page itself or in "Manager Registered Plugins" right next to the download links.

You need to go to the FAQ/Support page here:https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/support.html

Then scroll all the way down to or Ctrl-F for "Update History". Then expand whatever you're interested in.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:15 am
Tappistry wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:15 am Plugin Alliance doesn't seem to disclose changelogs on their site for any of their plugins, say nothing of the "older" ones. Wonder why that is? :wink:
Yeah, it's not where you would expect it to be, both/either on the product page itself or in "Manager Registered Plugins" right next to the download links.

You need to go to the FAQ/Support page here:https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/support.html

Then scroll all the way down to or Ctrl-F for "Update History". Then expand whatever you're interested in.
Well I'm glad my smartass comment could be proven wrong, at least. But that is an unusual place to put that info. Never would have thought to look there.

And it's not even in the download manager app either. :dog:

yellowmix wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:08 am
dermage wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:39 pm their recent releases were top notch. Metric ab, byome, Phil, iron definitely not impulse buys. At least not for me.
How long did you demo them for before buying? Were the time limits on the discounts a factor? Would you buy them at the regular price?

They are not impulse buys for everyone. But they are impulse buys for many people. And the marketing tactics rely on that. I don't think that's a controversial statement if you know marketing.
I'm on your side about marketing tactics like not showing price etc. But I did demo them until the full extent (e.g. Last day of trial/sale end). I'm not saying I had no regrets buying some plugs there, but that's not exclusive to them either. I still think their stuff is in the top tier after using fur months.

And no, would not buy at normal price. That's their model. Similar to waves, you can only buy them at several sales a year Or second hand, where I got probably half of their stuff after demoing first of course.

All my plug-ins are available for transfer now,only had 4 four that didn't show up previously for transfer,never contacted support for a transfer request

Thanks, I checked my account and they showed up for me as well. However, the terms above it have not changed. So while it seems affected licenses are grandfathered in, it's still unclear if the policy applies to new purchases/transfers.

yellowmix wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:17 am Thanks, I checked my account and they showed up for me as well. However, the terms above it have not changed. So while it seems affected licenses are grandfathered in, it's still unclear if the policy applies to new purchases/transfers.
See this post

viewtopic.php?p=7280637#p7280637

Yes, I recall that. So we don't know if these items were moved to be transferable automatically or manually but it's a good sign. We don't know if that change is linked to their ability to change the text but as the text hasn't I believe it is still unresolved. I trust their statement to you was made in good faith but I'm still in wait-and-see mode. I will only change my position if the text changes, as everyone needs to believe it for anyone to be able to second-hand sell a license at an unencumbered price.

Actually the second hand market for PA is dead. Look at feedback thread, virtually nothing is bought although their products are offered in masses...

yellowmix wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:39 am I will only change my position if the text changes, as everyone needs to believe it for anyone to be able to second-hand sell a license at an unencumbered price.
Maybe if we follow the sales on the feedback thread we can just ask a recent buyer if his license is transferable or not.

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:43 am Actually the second hand market for PA is dead. Look at feedback thread, virtually nothing is bought although their products are offered in masses...
I guess that's what this guy was trying to explain to Dirk ;)

db3 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:35 am I guess that's what this guy was trying to explain to Dirk ;)
You are absolutely right!

Return to “Effects”