Plugin Alliance new transfer policy caused concerns and is corrected...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, that's why I said there's probably a more complicated problem, plus it's not just a text change issue, but implementing the process by which licenses are managed on the account end.

yellowmix wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:43 am Yes, that's why I said there's probably a more complicated problem.
Let's wait another month to see if Plugin Alliance recovered the capacity to modify a sentence on their website. :o

iftango wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:06 pm No modern content management system keeps unsolved, for more than a month, a bug preventing content to be modified. :o
That's just unheard of.
Some CMSs are remarkably shite. I have used some where, yes, it could be that bad. I don't think it's the case here and is more to do with PA's back-end systems (as yellowmix said) or policies but there are times when you wonder whether it would be better to carve the website on slate tablets than to use the CMS someone bought to manage a website. Ironically, it's often the commercial CMSs that suck really badly, whereas open-source ones are on the whole not bad.

I guess there would be a lot less bleating if PA gave an occasional update on what is going on.

Maybe not the correct thread technically...

Long story short - I received my first $75 voucher in November. Yay.

December - no voucher.

January - Back to $50 voucher.

Customer support will not tell me if I was supposed to receive a $50 or $75 voucher in December when they cancelled the vouchers going out. If it was going to be $50, so be it. If it was going to be $75, I feel like they should have rolled the system over a month as they actually did not send out the monthly voucher.

Before anyone complains too much, I know they had good Christmas deals and sent out other vouchers (I spent like $80 during those sales). This experience so far and the NFR thing are confusing me though.

Cheers!

No one got the 25/50/75 personal vouchers as I think they are called, in Decembers as far as I know.
I got an email stating as such if I recall.
rsp
sound sculptist

I know that no one got them. My "worry" is that because they skipped them for everyone, that I might have missed a second $75 voucher that I earned. PA will not tell me either way though which is frustrating.

"they cancelled the vouchers going out" I missed that part. My bad.
rsp
sound sculptist

dandezebra wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 pm (I spent like $80 during those sales).
:roll: :hihi:
No signature here!

Had two plugs I really wanted that were priced reasonably. :shrug:

4tune wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:04 pm I just completed a sale and although the license appeared as a full license in the users account it didn`t show up in their `Transfer License` page. I`ve messaged support again, but it has ended up in the buyers hands (who was fortunately very gracious about it)

Hopefully this will all be worked out but worth noting if you have any sales at the moment, you and/or the buyer may have to chase things up.
Just an update on this. I received confirmation from support that it is a bug in the automated system and they will deal in this case manually with the buyer.

At least now it is flagged and hopefully fixed soon.

dandezebra wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:37 pm I know that no one got them. My "worry" is that because they skipped them for everyone, that I might have missed a second $75 voucher that I earned. PA will not tell me either way though which is frustrating.
Yeah, it's a rolling total from the past 12 months, so you could have reached the threshold for less than 12 months. The last public statement about the threshold for a $75 voucher is $600. So total everything you bought (you record it in a spreadsheet, right?) minus taxes from November 1, 2017 to November 30, 2018 and if it's over $600 then you verified your December voucher. If the thresholds changed then there's no way to tell.

However, I don't remember the exact wording, but the vouchers aren't exactly guaranteed (it's in their FAQ). And when they announced the lack of vouchers for December in an email, they provided some kind of excuse (and IIRC it seemed reasonable but I wasn't getting vouchers). In any case, they've obviously changed their sales model for a while now, and it's getting progressively worse. I mean, they're disappointing people that haven't purchased anything since the changes started, so if you're actually giving them your money after the fact they can only disappoint you more.

The prices for their older plugins have completely crumbled in the second hand market ...

What I think is quite funny, that they gave a 100 for 50 voucher at the end. As I am getting 50 vouchers but not in Dec. I could buy almost exactly as If I had got one. So got masterdesk for 50$ (same as if I had bought it during intro discount with 50 voucher).
But ok, it was a flash sale with the vouchers for just 1 day.

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:36 am The prices for their older plugins have completely crumbled in the second hand market ...
As intended.

Just saw a Phil's Cascade being sold. A lot of the plugins are really impulse buys. And they know it.

Return to “Effects”