Plugin Alliance new transfer policy caused concerns and is corrected...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:42 pm
cthonophonic wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm
mrj1nx wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:56 pm Im thinking they are doing big sales every 2 days, Im assuming they are saving the best for last.
They put a sort of stylized version of Black Box HG-2 in the "Vaporwave Santa" header of all their emails so far. They know what people actually want.

Back on topic, though, I'm still not seeing anything I bought used as available for transfer in my Transfer License page. Has the "mistake" been fixed for anyone else yet?
The „mistake“ has not been fixed as far as I see.
Meanwhile in the PA facebook group there are more and more posts that express admiration, devotion and unconditional loyality to DIRK. Bizarre...
There's a thread in the pa fb group where someone pointed out that the policy still seems to be in place and there is no real clarification about what's going to happen... and dirk closed the comments on it.

jayveekay wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:10 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:42 pm
cthonophonic wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm
mrj1nx wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:56 pm Im thinking they are doing big sales every 2 days, Im assuming they are saving the best for last.
They put a sort of stylized version of Black Box HG-2 in the "Vaporwave Santa" header of all their emails so far. They know what people actually want.

Back on topic, though, I'm still not seeing anything I bought used as available for transfer in my Transfer License page. Has the "mistake" been fixed for anyone else yet?
The „mistake“ has not been fixed as far as I see.
Meanwhile in the PA facebook group there are more and more posts that express admiration, devotion and unconditional loyality to DIRK. Bizarre...
There's a thread in the pa fb group where someone pointed out that the policy still seems to be in place and there is no real clarification about what's going to happen... and dirk closed the comments on it.
That issue is becoming stranger every day...

jayveekay wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:10 pm There's a thread in the pa fb group where someone pointed out that the policy still seems to be in place and there is no real clarification about what's going to happen... and dirk closed the comments on it.
So, that's our answer. We are on our own at this point. Good luck to everyone, I hope what you expect of PA comes to fruition. We are left guessing. :phones:

Well has anyone sold or transferred their PA plugins after the announcement and do they show as nfr?

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 pm Well has anyone sold or transferred their PA plugins after the announcement and do they show as nfr?
The second hand plugins I have are still NOT transferable.

Only 3 of my licenses aren't available to transfer out of a dozen or so second hand plugins. Not that I was gonna transfer them ... just curious.

Havok wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:48 pm
chrisg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:51 pm i bought 2 "bundles" from 2 guys recently, which both included some PA plugins, resulting in having 2 PA plugins twice.

after activation of "all plugins" those two plugins are only ONE EACH in my account.
what's this?

also, now with the new policy, i cannot event trade it with somebody?
Check the number of activations you have for those plugins, there should be 6 instead of 3.
thank you, you are right, but what do i do with 6 activations? ... that's something different than owning the plugin twice, right?

also it seems, some can sell "second hand" plugins, some con not. i would be happy if i at least could trade my doublettes

PA should really re-think this whole thing...

chrisg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:23 pm
Havok wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:48 pm
chrisg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:51 pm i bought 2 "bundles" from 2 guys recently, which both included some PA plugins, resulting in having 2 PA plugins twice.

after activation of "all plugins" those two plugins are only ONE EACH in my account.
what's this?

also, now with the new policy, i cannot event trade it with somebody?
Check the number of activations you have for those plugins, there should be 6 instead of 3.
thank you, you are right, but what do i do with 6 activations? ... that's something different than owning the plugin twice, right?

also it seems, some can sell "second hand" plugins, some con not. i would be happy if i at least could trade my doublettes

PA should really re-think this whole thing...
The bundled software may not technically be second hand if it's a serial number that somebody got with a soundcard or something. Did you have to go through the usual PA process of paying the transfer fee for these bundles, or did you just enter a registration code and have it added to your account?

In the meantime you can transfer NFR plugins by contacting support (support@plugin-alliance.com).

Now whether they ever keep their promise and really revert their policy, other than some "contact support for transfer" exceptions, remains to be seen.

Hmmm, weird. Trying to decide whether to jump on that "Vaporwave Santa Santa" item right now...

Like others I bet, I was actually waiting for it to come up, and watching the resale sideshow develop, and now it's landed in this inconclusive sideways place....

It'd be really unbelievable if they actually did that apparent customer-responsiveness move then reversed it. I'm generally pretty forgiving of companies trying to make a profit -- I have to choice to buy or not -- but a maneuver that cynically manipulative would righteously piss off even more people than the original brouhaha. Whatever the current state of things, it seems unlikely they'd go there. I hope.

Weird indeed.
Last edited by dwozzle on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

dwozzle wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:20 am Hmmm, weird. Trying to decide whether to jump on that "Vaporwave Santa" item right now...
What do you mean "Vaporwave Santa" item? :phones:

It's a goofy joke from earlier on this page. PA's ads this season have had an image at the top that looks a lot like a slightly generic version of the Black Box HG-2. That's the one I've been awaiting for.

dwozzle wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:30 am It's a goofy joke from earlier on this page. PA's ads this season have had an image at the top that looks a lot like a slightly generic version of the Black Box HG-2. That's the one I've been awaiting for.
Ah ok gottcha! I thought there was some mystery product coming out, buy now use later. Get HG2, its pretty sweet if you are into distortion tools :phones:

Not so much "distortion", but nice saturation and enhancer-type harmonics, yes. I managed not to do the Phil's Cascade thing, may do HG2.

dwozzle wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:49 am Not so much "distortion", but nice saturation and enhancer-type harmonics, yes. I managed not to do the Phil's Cascade thing, may do HG2.
I was hoping you'd let that slide and chalk it up to semantics. oh well... saturation = distortion :phones:

Return to “Effects”