Plugin Alliance new transfer policy caused concerns and is corrected...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, glad that's settled the matter * thumbs up *

No need to apologise, we're good.

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:17 pm Was it canceling the post-charge of the VAT?
Must be very close, anyway...
That's another strange behavior from PA: in Europe sellers have to show end-user prices with sales tax included. They can't just say it costs $100 and then at checkout add the $20 tax on top.

Most plugin vendors either show the prices in Euro with tax in Europe and in dollars without tax for the rest of the world. Or they just don't add taxes at all for anyone.

PA on the other hand is the only plugin company that I can think of that says a plugin is $100, does not mention in anyway that taxes will be added, and once you think $100 ain't too expensive and decide to buy, at checkout adds another $20.

Either they don't know how the rest of the world functions or they pretend not to see it because it's a financial gain.

Dirk is German so he knows how value-added tax works.
So is it incompetence, again, or intent to mislead?
Last edited by iftango on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What does everyone make of them not issuing loyalty vouchers during this month? Seems like they are tightening the belt a bit. Guess that as the market for our services declines that there isn't many new customers pouring in for plugin companies. So these companies need to sell to the same people over and over. And since the majority of us already own a ton of stuff, companies like Waves slash prices so we'll buy things that aren't an urgent need.
My attempt at creating an educational audio site along with something for my services:

http://www.fidelityrebellion.com

ViciousBliss wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:22 pm What does everyone make of them not issuing loyalty vouchers during this month? Seems like they are tightening the belt a bit. Guess that as the market for our services declines that there isn't many new customers pouring in for plugin companies. So these companies need to sell to the same people over and over. And since the majority of us already own a ton of stuff, companies like Waves slash prices so we'll buy things that aren't an urgent need.
Exactly my opinion as well. It‘s interesting to watch this fast developing market. The classic economic theory predicts a massively reduced number of relevant software devs, merged companies and further reduced prices during the next years. Let‘s wait and see...

Im thinking they are doing big sales every 2 days, Im assuming they are saving the best for last. Not suprised they are not doing vouchers with those sales happening.

ViciousBliss wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:22 pm What does everyone make of them not issuing loyalty vouchers during this month?
I like vouchers, I could end up buying things for cheap, using it to register plugins, etc. I did not like the fact that people could sell them on KVR.
Not handing them away this month is another breach of contract/trust.

db3 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:20 pm
plexuss wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:39 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:34 pm Perhaps it was just a coding error when they introduced the new automatic licence transfer page in the accounts...
I dont think so because the NFR policy was specifically spelled out on their support page for license transfers. It specically called out "NFR" and the policy in question. it has since been updated. :phones:
Transfer page: "You cannot transfer inactive licenses, free licenses, licenses with a fee required, licenses that were previously transferred to you, and the same plugin can only be transferred twice."

So still stating 2 possible NFR scenarios.
You didn't understand it correctly.

This is the policy -

Once ANY license is transferred to you, you can NEVER transfer it to anyone else.

If you have MORE THAN ONE copy of a plugin, you can transfer 2 of them. If you have 10 licenses, you'll remain with 8.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:06 pm
yehboy1 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:40 pm So a $20 transfer fee AND the transferee gets an NFR license?
Seems so.
I don't think that's legal in EU.

i bought 2 "bundles" from 2 guys recently, which both included some PA plugins, resulting in having 2 PA plugins twice.

after activation of "all plugins" those two plugins are only ONE EACH in my account.
what's this?

also, now with the new policy, i cannot event trade it with somebody?
Last edited by chrisg on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:51 pm i bought 2 "bundles" from 2 guys recently, which both included some PA plugins, resulting in having 2 PA plugins twice.

after activation of "all plugins" those two plugins are only ONE EACH in my account.
what's this?

also, now with the new policy, i cannot event trade it with somebody?
Check the number of activations you have for those plugins, there should be 6 instead of 3.

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:53 pm ... which is usually also stated in the fine print. That they can change it.
It's not a question of fine print it's about PA respecting their word towards their customers and respecting the resale value of their software which was factored in our purchase.

If you buy a Ferrari and the next day Ferrari decides (which would be crazy and illegal) that used Ferraris can't be sold anymore you just lost quite a lot of money...if you wanted to sell yours someday.

mrj1nx wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:56 pm Im thinking they are doing big sales every 2 days, Im assuming they are saving the best for last.
They put a sort of stylized version of Black Box HG-2 in the "Vaporwave Santa" header of all their emails so far. They know what people actually want.

Back on topic, though, I'm still not seeing anything I bought used as available for transfer in my Transfer License page. Has the "mistake" been fixed for anyone else yet?

cthonophonic wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm
mrj1nx wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:56 pm Im thinking they are doing big sales every 2 days, Im assuming they are saving the best for last.
They put a sort of stylized version of Black Box HG-2 in the "Vaporwave Santa" header of all their emails so far. They know what people actually want.

Back on topic, though, I'm still not seeing anything I bought used as available for transfer in my Transfer License page. Has the "mistake" been fixed for anyone else yet?
The „mistake“ has not been fixed as far as I see.
Meanwhile in the PA facebook group there are more and more posts that express admiration, devotion and unconditional loyality to DIRK. Bizarre...

cthonophonic wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm

I haven't used my vouchers for ages. The pricing is not at all lucrative, not even offers, and the voucher covers just the VAT. And they offer wrong products.
I have about 9 PA products, and waited that they offered some updates, such as Sandman to pro with some reasonable price. So far even the new customers have gotten better prices than the upgrade prices for the present owners.
With these conditions I won't buy anything from PA. Waiting for better times - meanwhile spending all my money elsewhere.

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:45 pm With these conditions I won't buy anything from PA. Waiting for better times - meanwhile spending all my money elsewhere.
When you‘re right, you‘re right :tu:

Return to “Effects”