Plugin Alliance new transfer policy caused concerns and is corrected...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The new policy of Plugin Alliance is pretty annoying, isn‘t it?

EDIT March 8th:
Policy is now officially corrected, thanks guys! :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by martinjuenke on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Which part, specifically, is concerning? Seems reasonable to me.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:48 pm Which part, specifically, is concerning? Seems reasonable to me.
Ask the sellers in the Sell&Buy thread for example... :scared:

Doesn't seem that bad if you're not in the second hand license selling business.

The only thing that my be concerning is that the license becomes NFR after second transfer.
No signature here!

Does this apply to only PA branded licenses, or any plugin bought via PA?
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:05 pm Does this apply to only PA branded licenses, or any plugin bought via PA?
Any plugin.

robotmonkey wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:58 pm Doesn't seem that bad if you're not in the second hand license selling business.

The only thing that my be concerning is that the license becomes NFR after second transfer.
Concern is concern...

Very short sighted of PA. They think it will help their business but it will drive more people away. I'm no longer interested in purchasing any of their plugs because of this new policy. And I'm not in the plugin reselling business.
Last edited by jbarish on Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I’m actually surprised they didn’t impose limits like this sooner. The monthly vouchers are pretty generous, since they can be stacked on top of monthly/seasonal discounts.

robotmonkey wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:58 pm Doesn't seem that bad if you're not in the second hand license selling business.

Yes that is a bizarre thing. PA make a little on every transfer so they're effectively cutting off their own ability to turn profit. Plus, it's unfair on that individual that for no reason related to his or herself, suddenly has less rights than the previous 'owner'.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Heard about it on MP,
the first concerning part was it is awfully hedged,
some passages caused more "what if" questions than a streamlined understanding.

2nd hand items now have to be declared as NFR if this is the case
and the additional high transfer fee mutates a customer into a strategic calculator
if plugins don`t serve any longer or money is needed.

If I get it right,
long-term customers are annoyed of not having ben prepared via info in advance,
means those who invested, paid money to support the company feel overwhelmed.

Interesting thread, thanks Martin for creating it.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

So a $20 transfer fee AND the transferee gets an NFR license?

yehboy1 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:40 pm So a $20 transfer fee AND the transferee gets an NFR license?
Seems so.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:06 pm
yehboy1 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:40 pm So a $20 transfer fee AND the transferee gets an NFR license?
Seems so.
Disappointing :cry:

robotmonkey wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:58 pm The only thing that my be concerning is that the license becomes NFR after second transfer.

No it's First Transfer, not second. IF I buy it new and sell it. IT is NFR. "Licenses that were previously transferred to you" Meaning any licenses transferred to you. I know firsthand I bought Black box from someone who got it new for like $150. And now I'm out cause it's not listed in my transferable license. This is honestly inconceivable from a supposed first grade company.
Last edited by systmu on Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”