FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

Dupe.

2:43AM wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:16 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:24 am Yeah, looks like back then there was a potential mistake with current conversion. Because it was showing the EUR amount considerably higher than the $ amount for the Pro-Q 3 update. Glad I jumped on it for $42!

The prices now are apparently like at the FabFilter shop.
Thanks for confirming. I held off thinking maybe I had a "cookie" issue or the website may be borked.

As for the upgrade, I'm still going to get it, but will do it from my FF account instead, which is slightly cheaper now. Having the dynamic EQ is a good tool to have, and that certainly may be worth the $50* upgrade, but there are several other features that make Q3 pretty sweet: collision detection, resonant frequency detection/display, a better approach at M/S, and a slightly more-clear display.

* I must remember that FF plugins are naturally expensive. I think the Waves' pricing mindset has skewed my way of thinking...$29 for a $349 plugin on sale every other week. Yeah, okay!
You're welcome! Even I was surprised to see that, honestly.

Yeah, it indeed is an excellent update and worth it for about $50. Happy I waited and did not get it for normal 50% discount. We can convince ourselves that we saved at least about $40. I think you should go for it. :tu: I am sure it won't be cheaper than this (at least in 2019), as normal discounts are just 25% throughout the year.

Haha, yeah, seriously. Waves is going crazy with sales of late. But Scheps Omni Channel and J37 Tape are awesome and useful plugins in my opinion.

2:43AM wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:16 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 am For those who don't have any FabFilter plugins yet, this is the best chance to get them or regret later. I wish I had not got them earlier.

I have Pro-Q 3, Pro-L 2 and Saturn, as they are the best and most useful for my purpose at least. I paid more than the price the Mixing bundle is currently at. They are worth it though.

But since this sale is hot and I don't think FabFilter will do this big sale anytime soon, I wanted to know if there is any other plugin really worth considering.
Pro-C2 is a fantastically awesome compressor. Its side-chaining is very good as well.
Agreed. It's so useful! I wouldn't be without it. If anyone's interested, there's an excellent (and free) Pro-C2 masterclass here:
https://youtu.be/ENZ8IOfGiec

Dan Worrall's videos are great too, obviously :)

I wouldn't buy anything for the sake of it, though. I mean, I have done before - obviously - many times over, but I don't condone it.

Figuring out your go-tos in advance is not easily done. I have 5 of the fabs (Pro-Q3 [upgraded this sale], Pro-C2, Pro-L2, Pro-R and Saturn) and they all get used all of the time.

colonel_mustard wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:17 pm
2:43AM wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:16 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 am For those who don't have any FabFilter plugins yet, this is the best chance to get them or regret later. I wish I had not got them earlier.

I have Pro-Q 3, Pro-L 2 and Saturn, as they are the best and most useful for my purpose at least. I paid more than the price the Mixing bundle is currently at. They are worth it though.

But since this sale is hot and I don't think FabFilter will do this big sale anytime soon, I wanted to know if there is any other plugin really worth considering.
Pro-C2 is a fantastically awesome compressor. Its side-chaining is very good as well.
Agreed. It's so useful! I wouldn't be without it. If anyone's interested, there's an excellent (and free) Pro-C2 masterclass here:
https://youtu.be/ENZ8IOfGiec

Dan Worrall's videos are great too, obviously :)

I wouldn't buy anything for the sake of it, though. I mean, I have done before - obviously - many times over, but I don't condone it.

Figuring out your go-tos in advance is not easily done. I have 5 of the fabs (Pro-Q3 [upgraded this sale], Pro-C2, Pro-L2, Pro-R and Saturn) and they all get used all of the time.
Oh yes, thanks for reminding me of this. I did get Pro-C 2 through my account a few days ago for an excellent price! Thanks to 2:43AM and you for the recommendation. It will replace a few compressors for me and will simplify the setup.

I have the same plugins as you (except Pro-R), because I feel they are the best FabFilter plugins and because they will get the most use. I intentionally did not buy any bundle. Just wanted to buy the ones I would actually use, and as a side advantage, having them as single licenses helps with reselling them in future if there is any need.

Dan Worrall's tutorials are the best, of course. I will check out the above video today. :tu:

EDIT: Just saw it is by Daniel Wyatt. His tutorials are no less than amazing!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:49 pm Just wanted to buy the ones I would actually use
I absolutely endorse this attitude :)

colonel_mustard wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:57 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:49 pm Just wanted to buy the ones I would actually use
I absolutely endorse this attitude :)
:hug:

ProQ3 Tip: Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but I like to now use two instances of ProQ3 before and after plugins to check I/O levels and changes to the sound, especially saturation plugins, exciters, etc. I use the EQ's "External Spectrum" feature to do this easily.

Example:

ProQ3 'A' --> Tape Plugin --> Sonnox Inflator --> PSP MixSaturator --> ProQ3 'B' --> Master Output

Open up the 'B' instance of ProQ3 and turn on the External Spectrum of 'A'. Now both spectrums, before and after, can be viewed (overlayed) at once. Very helpful!
Last edited by 2:43AM on Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2:43AM wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:26 pm ProQ3 Tip: Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but I like to now use two instances of ProQ3 before and after plugins to check I/O levels and changes to the sound, especially saturation plugins, exciters, etc. I use the EQ's "External Spectrum" feature to do this easily.

Example:

ProQ3 'A' --> Tape Plugin --> Sonnox Inflator --> PSP MixSaturator --> ProQ3 'B' --> Master Output

Open up the 'B' instance of ProQ3 and turn on the External Spectrum of 'A'. Now both spectrums, before and after, can be viewed (overlayed) at once. Very helpful!
Great idea! I do this with loudness meters to help with gain staging based on perception rather than amplitude. But using Q3 like this to also monitor spectral variance could also help iron out audible issues. thanks for the tip! :phones:

plexuss wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:30 pm
2:43AM wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:26 pm ProQ3 Tip: Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but I like to now use two instances of ProQ3 before and after plugins to check I/O levels and changes to the sound, especially saturation plugins, exciters, etc. I use the EQ's "External Spectrum" feature to do this easily.

Example:

Great idea! I do this with loudness meters to help with gain staging based on perception rather than amplitude. But using Q3 like this to also monitor spectral variance could also help iron out audible issues. thanks for the tip! :phones:
Yes! And for an added bonus, enable the Freeze Mode (snowflake button) to build up and hold the two spectrums!

Example:

Great tip indeed! Thanks. :tu:

love this plug

Bubson wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:10 pm love this plug
Me too. Must be the best EQ ever. Until Pro-Q4, that is.

I truly wanted to upgrade to Q3 last week, but I realized (again) that, with Q2 and REAPER, I can make a much better dynamic EQ (plus the interface in Q3 is less attractive - smaller and darker and, although the upgrade is not unreasonably expensive, it is not cheap by any means).

Bought the Equilibrium, so I guess now I have two nice EQs.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 am

Haha, yeah, seriously. Waves is going crazy with sales of late. But Scheps Omni Channel and J37 Tape are awesome and useful plugins in my opinion.
Yea, the deals just keep coming.
The company's must be hurting.
Plugins have just been getting better and better.
I paid several hundred for some that are now $29, ouch.

SteveWZ wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:30 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 am

I paid several hundred for some that are now $29, ouch.
That indeed hurts. It's about time and technology.

Return to “Effects”