FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

Elektronisch wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:14 amBut think this way if you already do the work where you havent used Pro MB or havent thought of using it means, maybe it means you dont need it and pro Q3 is enough?.
Exactly the reason for me to not get Pro-MB.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 am For those who don't have any FabFilter plugins yet, this is the best chance to get them or regret later. I wish I had not got them earlier.

I have Pro-Q 3, Pro-L 2 and Saturn, as they are the best and most useful for my purpose at least. I paid more than the price the Mixing bundle is currently at. They are worth it though.

But since this sale is hot and I don't think FabFilter will do this big sale anytime soon, I wanted to know if there is any other plugin really worth considering.
Pro-C2 is a fantastically awesome compressor. Its side-chaining is very good as well.

plexuss wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 pm NEW - Optional Dynamic EQ mode for all bands (Bell and Shelf shapes), using any slope setting and with perfect analog matching, with optional external side chain triggering
Is this feature the same as what this entire plugin does or is it slightly different ? https://www.jrrshop.com/oeksound-soothe

mcbpete wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:30 pm
plexuss wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 pm NEW - Optional Dynamic EQ mode for all bands (Bell and Shelf shapes), using any slope setting and with perfect analog matching, with optional external side chain triggering
Is this feature the same as what this entire plugin does or is it slightly different ? https://www.jrrshop.com/oeksound-soothe
No, totally different. In Q3 you can make a band dynamic - you can have the gain change proportionally to an audio signal. Soothe "intelligently" determines if/when there may be a resonance in a frequency band and tries to reduce it. I am not sure how many simultaneous bands Soothe has but it's a lot. With Soothe you do not work individual bands as you do in Q3. Q3 is an EQ, with dynamic bands. Soothe is a automatic resonance reducer. :phones:

2:43AM wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:16 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 am For those who don't have any FabFilter plugins yet, this is the best chance to get them or regret later. I wish I had not got them earlier.

I have Pro-Q 3, Pro-L 2 and Saturn, as they are the best and most useful for my purpose at least. I paid more than the price the Mixing bundle is currently at. They are worth it though.

But since this sale is hot and I don't think FabFilter will do this big sale anytime soon, I wanted to know if there is any other plugin really worth considering.
Pro-C2 is a fantastically awesome compressor. Its side-chaining is very good as well.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have some very good compressors like Presswerk, Supercharger GT, Waves H-Comp, Waves R-Comp/R-Bass/R-Vox/C4/V-Comp/Scheps Omni Channel strip, and a few more. Do you think it is still justified to get Pro-C 2?

Just try it :D Demo is free and you can experience the features and workflow directly.

Soundplex wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:22 pm Just try it :D Demo is free and you can experience the features and workflow directly.
Yeah, that's true, but I am worried about demoing leading to a purchase, especially in FabFilter case. :D

i just bought the 'pro' bundle on sale; amazing (and at the price, even more amazing). these are my favorite eq & comp plugins (and am exploring the limiter, reverb now...).

I'm starting to think I have too much over-lap with my FF plugins and DMG. I kind of prefer DMG. But I love the workflow and GUI in FF. I guess I could rationalize keeping both: DMG for hard core quality control and FF for de rigour mixing duty... :phones:

plexuss wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 pm I'm starting to think I have too much over-lap with my FF plugins and DMG. I kind of prefer DMG. But I love the workflow and GUI in FF. I guess I could rationalize keeping both: DMG for hard core quality control and FF for de rigour mixing duty... :phones:
I'm more or less in the same boat. I prefer my DMG plugins but also love my Fabfilter ones, so I simply can't sell them... After all these years it appeared that I never used my Fabfilter plugins even once in a project (well, the ones that overlap with DMG).
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:57 am
plexuss wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 pm I'm starting to think I have too much over-lap with my FF plugins and DMG. I kind of prefer DMG. But I love the workflow and GUI in FF. I guess I could rationalize keeping both: DMG for hard core quality control and FF for de rigour mixing duty... :phones:
I'm more or less in the same boat. I prefer my DMG plugins but also love my Fabfilter ones, so I simply can't sell them... After all these years it appeared that I never used my Fabfilter plugins even once in a project (well, the ones that overlap with DMG).
I use a combination of the two. Although I tend not to use L2 now and instead Limitless. But my L2 is bundled with MB so if I get rid of L2 I have to get rid of MB. Might not be bad since I have Q3 and Multiplicity. No rush, but I should consider culling the toolbox a bit. :dog: :phones:

How is the transfer fee calculated for FabFilter when selling multiple plugins together or when selling a bundle purchase of any kind?

yehboy1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:34 pm That site has some crazy prices. Gonna bookmark it for sure.
Looks like the crazy price may have been a fluke? No longer as crazy as it once was. I recall seeing $41.40(?) USD for the upgrade. Now it's $53 USD. Should have jumped on it then...

2:43AM wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:34 am
yehboy1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:34 pm That site has some crazy prices. Gonna bookmark it for sure.
Looks like the crazy price may have been a fluke? No longer as crazy as it once was. I recall seeing $41.40(?) USD for the upgrade. Now it's $53 USD. Should have jumped on it then...
Yeah, looks like back then there was a potential mistake with currency conversion. Because it was showing the EUR amount considerably higher than the $ amount for the Pro-Q 3 update. Glad I jumped on it for $42!

The prices now are apparently like at the FabFilter shop.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:24 am Yeah, looks like back then there was a potential mistake with current conversion. Because it was showing the EUR amount considerably higher than the $ amount for the Pro-Q 3 update. Glad I jumped on it for $42!

The prices now are apparently like at the FabFilter shop.
Thanks for confirming. I held off thinking maybe I had a "cookie" issue or the website may be borked.

As for the upgrade, I'm still going to get it, but will do it from my FF account instead, which is slightly cheaper now. Having the dynamic EQ is a good tool to have, and that certainly may be worth the $50* upgrade, but there are several other features that make Q3 pretty sweet: collision detection, resonant frequency detection/display, a better approach at M/S, and a slightly more-clear display.

* I must remember that FF plugins are naturally expensive. I think the Waves' pricing mindset has skewed my way of thinking...$29 for a $349 plugin on sale every other week. Yeah, okay!
Last edited by 2:43AM on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”