FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

nordickvr wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:14 am Yes.
This is a bummer.
This will be the next paid version.

e@rs wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:37 am There's already a topic in their forum where people ask for this feature. Add your voice there.
This.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

External sidechain trigger for dynamics would be cool, but I can fully understand they didn't include it. In the end it's still an eq with optional dynamic mode added...

If they enable it, people will scream about, they want filter to control the sidechains spectrum. They already cry about missing dedicated controls to handle the dynamics like an compressor... Unfortunately people will never get enough and the ease of use is gone.
There's a point where fabfilter has to say no. That will of course make some people mad, but the majority will live with it and will be glad the flair of ProQ didn't change that much.

Can’t you link a dynamic band to the spectrum of another instance?

Oh boy I am glad to see all this. :)
Last reply at FF forum re sidechain triggers;
FabFilter wrote: We hear you! :)
Cheers,
Frederik (FabFilter) — Dec 5, 2018
ImageImageImageImage

DPhil wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm External sidechain trigger for dynamics would be cool, but I can fully understand they didn't include it. In the end it's still an eq with optional dynamic mode added...

If they enable it, people will scream about, they want filter to control the sidechains spectrum. They already cry about missing dedicated controls to handle the dynamics like an compressor... Unfortunately people will never get enough and the ease of use is gone.
There's a point where fabfilter has to say no. That will of course make some people mad, but the majority will live with it and will be glad the flair of ProQ didn't change that much.
I think its totally crazy they didnt include it, but I do agree its tricky to balance the functionality and ease of use. But, thats exactly why itd be exciting to have a FF solution for it.
FF already has a modular gui standard. I bet they could balance control with just keeping it out of the way of people not concerned.
When I imagine something, I only want three knobs of control; +/-, hp/lp, curve.

It doesnt quite fit with the EQ gui, but ya know how some of their plugins are modular with the control on top, modulators on bottom? I could do with a super thin band in between those that is where the inputs are, just as dragable links. When linked, the modular lower section shows a simple three knob wideget for that connection.
ImageImageImageImage

I suspect they will only add a single toggle button that enables side-chain. That would be the simplest thing. It'd then be up to the user to select a channel that they send to the plugin instance, just as one has to do with any other plugin that allows external side-chain.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Apart from the sc discussion,,,this update is amazing on its own. The controls are done excellent, the amount of extra's (compared to v.2) is great and the UI (to me) has become even better (darker). Great stuff for sure

If you have the plugin active across mulltiple instances, can’t you link the spectrum of one instance to the dynamically activated band of another?

perpetual3 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:42 pm If you have the plugin active across mulltiple instances, can’t you link the spectrum of one instance to the dynamically activated band of another?
Also be interesting if it could automatically grab the collision zone.

I only hope they don't overdo it. They've released Pro-MB exactly for these task some wish to accomplish with Pro-Q know. FF seems reasonable enough to think about long time why/how they put certain features in it or not.

They've released Pro-MB exactly for these task some most of us wish to accomplish with Pro-Q know.

There are so many pros for getting sidechain dynamics to proq starting with desire to run only one eq plugin.
Murderous duck!

They should put filter drive in it too so we can get rid of saturn :-D A little bit of delay might come handy too (get that, timeless!) XD

They should just come out with one plugin - FabFilter One... err wait a minute...

^^^ This

Return to “Effects”