Audiority Pre X7 updated to v1.6 - All Tube Preamplifier - AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pre X7

Awesome little plugin. And very generous discount, maybe even too generous :oops:

Just one question... the HiPass turned "OFF" actually looks like a legit 30Hz HiPass in PluginDoctor, with phase shift and everything. Is that to be expected?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Audiority wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:16 pm
sprnva wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:25 pm Hate to be "that guy" but there's a typo on the gui. Voltage is missing the a.
duh :dog: thanks for the heads up. I'll fix the GUI and re-render it as soon as possible.
This is the private version, the official one:
the "a" is in beta status and becomes the integral part of the final release.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

wow. wonderful semi-freebie. I was just thinking that the other preamp emulators I've been demoing were way too tame and hard to discern when volume matched. here I just loaded the synth bass fattner preset and adjusted... now that's what I'm talking about.

I'm just a bit worried about this business move, I think at this point people are in the know about Audiority... who will be left to buy this once it's released? whoever doesn't bag this asap is mental...

zero latency btw, epic win

Niowiad wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:36 pm Awesome little plugin. And very generous discount, maybe even too generous :oops:

Just one question... the HiPass turned "OFF" actually looks like a legit 30Hz HiPass in PluginDoctor, with phase shift and everything. Is that to be expected?
It's probably there to remove DC. Why do you need freq bellow 20hz ? It's junk anyway. I can bet 99.99998775% of consumer speakers can't even play 30hz properly let alone below 20hz.

The HPF cuts at 10Hz when it's off, but then you have the tone stack network which have 6Hz low cut for the bass section and around 13Hz low cut for the mids section.. so you'll end up with a low cut of approximately 29Hz with HPF off and Tone at 12 o'clock.

Looking forward to trying this later. Wow, thank you, very generous indeed, love me some Audiority!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

kmonkey wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:43 am
Niowiad wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:36 pm Awesome little plugin. And very generous discount, maybe even too generous :oops:

It's probably there to remove DC. Why do you need freq bellow 20hz ? It's junk anyway. I can bet 99.99998775% of consumer speakers can't even play 30hz properly let alone below 20hz.
I completely agree with what you said. I'm not worried about preserving the brown note at all :D
Most saturation plugins I've seen have HPF and they're great, no issues.
I only found the feature unusual (not bad, just unusual) compared to what I've always seen on plugins so far, where "OFF" literally meant "no HPF", flat eq curve...
Perfectly fine with Pre X7 and loving it :oops:
Audiority wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:10 am The HPF cuts at 10Hz when it's off, but then you have the tone stack network which have 6Hz low cut for the bass section and around 13Hz low cut for the mids section.. so you'll end up with a low cut of approximately 29Hz with HPF off and Tone at 12 o'clock.
Thanks for the insight :wink:
And again, congrats on the release :phones:

This sounds great and for the intro price the biggest no-brainer inbetween all black friday deals.

It`s a "if in doubt, right click something" plugin,
the in can be chained with the out, super.

Had a quick check:
low cut 300hz, input up, bright up, boost - setup for parallel
and I hear an amplifier hum, could this be?

I thought: "Hm, $2,50 ...
there must be something left for my must have Tube Modulator",
but bank account proves otherwise.

Questions:
1. Christmas sales, yes?
2. Tested the cart, where to enter coupon?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Is this plugin 64bit only? I just bought it and started the installation, just to see that there is no 32bit version :/

Omnivox wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:08 am Is this plugin 64bit only? I just bought it and started the installation, just to see that there is no 32bit version :/
I fear yes, at least current version.

Omkar wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:36 am It`s a "if in doubt, right click something" plugin,
the in can be chained with the out, super.

Had a quick check:
low cut 300hz, input up, bright up, boost - setup for parallel
and I hear an amplifier hum, could this be?
*Edit* No, an underlying hum has been triggered in some material. It`s clear now.

Getting to like it more and more.
The "link input/drive to output" feature is seriously something every single preamp/saturation/distortion plugin should have as an option.

Bought it with Softube Tape its finally usable smooth sound which doesnt adds too.much and destroy the audio but its subtle.and.transparent while it doing its thing.For the price its really quality I.tought might be rubbish but It will be go to.

Audiority wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:10 am The HPF cuts at 10Hz when it's off, but then you have the tone stack network which have 6Hz low cut for the bass section and around 13Hz low cut for the mids section.. so you'll end up with a low cut of approximately 29Hz with HPF off and Tone at 12 o'clock.
That would be a unique filter, if it doesn‘t find a frequency to cut it just moves up its cut until it finds something to cut...; - )
Three filters in a row at 6, 10 and 13 Hz would usually still have (a little steeper though) a cut off of 13 Hz...

Return to “Effects”