Re-Compose Spexx (Now renamed Venom and owned by W.A. Production)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bliquid25 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:05 am
It's work in progress, an updated beta version that closes some issues with VST 3 is going to be supplied later this week.
:tu:

Looking forward to the next beta build

Hello!

So how goes the development of Spexx? Is it still supposed to be officially delivered by the end of the year? Just checking you know, since well the end of the year is very near now :wink:

Damnit! Bummed out I missed this at the lower pre-order price :( Even if it's not a huge difference, it is still somewhat noticeable for an impulse purchase in these Christmas times... Was eager for this, oh well, lesson learned.

Hopefully bliquid25 from Re-Compose will reply and give us an update on the development, I hope it goes well cause it's a great spectral plugin with lot of potential!

Looks like it's been officially released, with a demo version available.

https://www.re-compose.com/spexx-audio- ... lugin.html

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:55 pm Looks like it's been officially released, with a demo version available.

https://www.re-compose.com/spexx-audio- ... lugin.html
Oh thanks for info ! Will try.

anyone know the Re-Compose license transfer policy?
EDIT - found it - they don't allow license transfers to other people. Which means I probably wont buy this unless the crossgrade price is pretty good
what you don't know only makes you stronger

woggle wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:51 am anyone know the Re-Compose license transfer policy?
EDIT - found it - they don't allow license transfers to other people. Which means I probably wont buy this unless the crossgrade price is pretty good
+1 thanks for checking #noNFR :phones:

Tried new version, all ok, well, the only thing maybe, i see that the minimum size of Spectral Resolution was made 4k now (and this is default value). Lower modes than 4k was remove it seems. But i sometimes found quite interesting try a most low modes (like 64\128 etc) in various spectral devices, could been achieved interesting unpredictable result.
So, maybe as request (if the authors will see it) - add a bunch of low resolutions (if it will be not difficult to implement technically). Would be interesting to experiment with this values.

c_voltage wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:21 pm Tried new version, all ok, well, the only thing maybe, i see that the minimum size of Spectral Resolution was made 4k now (and this is default value). Lower modes than 4k was remove it seems. But i sometimes found quite interesting try a most low modes (like 64\128 etc) in various spectral devices, could been achieved interesting unpredictable result.
So, maybe as request (if the authors will see it) - add a bunch of low resolutions (if it will be not difficult to implement technically). Would be interesting to experiment with this values.
Wow, I need to try for myself of course, but 4096 is a very high minimum. Is there some kind of phase wizardry going on in every module? There can't be much in the way of transient snap when processing drums and the like at those sizes otherwise.

c_voltage wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:21 pm Tried new version, all ok, well, the only thing maybe, i see that the minimum size of Spectral Resolution was made 4k now (and this is default value). Lower modes than 4k was remove it seems. But i sometimes found quite interesting try a most low modes (like 64\128 etc) in various spectral devices, could been achieved interesting unpredictable result.
It is something I brought up when testing the Beta version, to be able to lower the FFT settings down to 256 or even 128. Not sure if they're gonna do it in a future update.

Still, can't deny this thing is capable of very lush & velvet buttery spectral washes.

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:24 pm Hopefully bliquid25 from Re-Compose will reply and give us an update on the development, I hope it goes well cause it's a great spectral plugin with lot of potential!
Sorry for the silence, chaps! It's been some busy days (and nights for us) bringing Spexx to a release-ready state, but it's done now. And, yes, it's been made available yesterday.

One change you'll note is that Spexx has a an updated user interface:

That should give it a fine look with the colours optimized for not causing your eyes to start experiencing any difficulties, even when looking at it for a couple of hours.

It's also much more stable, continues to be gentle on your CPU, etc. And, all the while delivers an output with a unique spectral "fingerprint" (like kind of a photo in long exposure .. I think you're getting it, a bit hard to describe - you need to hear it).

And, yes, a demo is now available too. Everything you need to know, read here - link to demo inside the article.
Re-Compose. Creative tools for music producers.
http://www.re-compose.com

$25 crossgrade is pretty irresistible !
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Gah, still bummed out I missed on the pre-order price, seemed to completely miss for how long it ran :( This one looks very awesome, to be quite honest!

cron wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:37 pm
c_voltage wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:21 pm Tried new version, all ok, well, the only thing maybe, i see that the minimum size of Spectral Resolution was made 4k now (and this is default value). Lower modes than 4k was remove it seems. [..]
Wow, I need to try for myself of course, but 4096 is a very high minimum. Is there some kind of phase wizardry going on in every module? There can't be much in the way of transient snap when processing drums and the like at those sizes otherwise.
Nope, we didn't change the minimum size of the resolution. The only thing that changed is the default setting of the spectral resolution at 4k, but I can see that what is causing confusion with you is the logic between spectral resolution (left up/down arrows - "B" in the user manual) and temporal granularity (left up/down arrows - "C" in the user manual).

That is, as the temporal granularity defines the "jumping distance" for the FFT algorithms, it is linked by a max. factor of 2x to the spectral resolution. Thus, as the default setting for said temporal granularity is "2", consequently you cannot turn down the spectral resolution at this setting. Thus, you first have to turn down the temporal granularity to a lower value ("1" or "512") in order to be able to switch the spectral resolution also to "2".

Point taken, though - we need to think how to either change the logic of the controls (there's a similar 'issue' for the Low/High frequency controls where one may block the other) or explain this better.

@cron: I let @Martin Gasser from our team answer your questions. There is quite some wizardry going on around the Spectral Freeze (continuous base effect), and the combination of the other effects within this Freeze.
Re-Compose. Creative tools for music producers.
http://www.re-compose.com

Return to “Effects”