Sknote Fender Tweed amp sim (seems like a Tremolux)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Deluxe1 – A carefully hand-crafted model of a classic vintage guitar tube amplifier.

I see no mention of this at all on KVR. Demos sound sweet!

From the website:

The cone and the cabinet are dynamically modeled to get a realistic response. Physical modeling of the cone and its movement respond to touch with a natural feeling.

The Tremolo has a beautiful, realistic sound thanks to its faithful model, as a tube oscillator that controls the supply voltage to the last tube stage. Its complete model gives that natural effect which includes pushing the final stage to overdrive with Tremolo Speed settings.

Deluxe1 is a model in our new “Retube” series, a virtual custom-shop that includes detailed models for pickups- cones, transformers, sets of tubes amd whatever can affect the overall sound of the amplifiers.

Available NOW in the webshop (VST/AU/AAX/Win/Mac/32/64), introductory MSRP 29.99 $

https://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.ph ... amplifier/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11gxq6LcAck
Last edited by tristan- on Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It really is superb and has a lovely dynamic feel to it, like playing through a real amp. I've not experienced that with software before.

I'm using it with a modded Squier Affinity Strat through a Dbx376 into my audio card
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Demo version?

Pädy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:56 pmDemo version?
No demo version but they offer a no-questions-asked refund if you don't like it. I've never had to ask for a refund as I am very happy with my SKNote plugins (Deluxe1 included) but I have seen other people get refunds or swap plugins (although I'll admit that I would like demos before I part with my cash - he has done one demo recently so hopefully more are on the way).

Deluxe1 is indeed amazing - I put an overdrive plugin before it and think it's just about one of the best ampsims I've got, and I have a lot. I wish my guitar playing was in the same league!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Ive had a refund many years ago, not one of the currently available products.

They also have a rewards system so every purchase earns discount points.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:51 pm It really is superb and has a lovely dynamic feel to it, like playing through a real amp. I've not experienced that with software before.

I'm using it with a modded Squier Affinity Strat through a Dbx376 into my audio card
How is it on the clean side of the moon?
I`d like to place it in the corner for a rhodes
and Q`s nice reward system makes it pretty affordable.

Any flaws cpu wise?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Omkar wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:52 amQ`s nice reward system makes it pretty affordable.
Yes, it certainly does, what a great system.
Omkar wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:52 amAny flaws cpu wise?
No, it's pretty light, about 2.5% in Reaper which is very usable.

cprompt wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:22 am
Omkar wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:52 amQ`s nice reward system makes it pretty affordable.
Yes, it certainly does, what a great system.
Omkar wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:52 amAny flaws cpu wise?
No, it's pretty light, about 2.5% in Reaper which is very usable.
Thank you, seems you are on it as well ...
can it be adjusted for a clean playback?
(Clean just means without any crunch).

I.e. my fav is the Chandler GAV19T for the mild bluesy touch
but crunches at the mid lows per se (as intended by design to reflect the original).
Ok with guitars but a toxic doink doink on rhodes ...
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Omkar wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:23 pmcan it be adjusted for a clean playback?
(Clean just means without any crunch).
It gets crunchy pretty easily, but my understanding is that the original amp did too. However, at the bottom of the gain range it is clean so it goes from clean to pretty crunchy. It won't do metal (but the addition of an overdrive pedal does a pretty good job though!).

For a nice variety of clean and crunch sounds you need to hit it with -30dB or so - use a trim plugin to reduce the input by -25dB right before Deluxe1 and then another one to boost right after it by the same amount.

Interestingly enough the plugin's output gets a lot higher then (due to a lot less internal compression, I'd say), so that you have more than enough gain-reserves to keep the gain low. To me it seems the whole amp suddenly opens up and works a lot better.

The input of this plugin is super hot because Quinto (the Sknote-boss) was after Neil Young's sound, who ran his Fender Deluxe at 12 in order to achieve it.

Quinto promised me than an update will get a input-gain selector.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 pmQuinto promised me than an update
yeah, good luck with that :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Alright, thanks for the feedback.

Had the idea a dynamic response may fit a rhodes play, i.e. the grrr goes velocity based etc.

@Jens: needs to be done indeed, also with the Chandler (i.e. VUMT pre -24, VUMT post +24),
unfortunate the crunch at around 200hz is baked in, otherwise I`d be very happy with the unit.

Watching the GS thread as well (missed user reports how the unit turns out for them),
let`s see if Q does something with the input ..

Hi guys!
Here is a song where Deluxe1 is performing on every single part, including Electric Bass and our announced BrassBars electric piano.
Effects are from the new PedalBench series of pedals for Guitar and Bass.

Seventies Chase

quintosardo wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:35 pm Hi guys!
Here is a song where Deluxe1 is performing on every single part, including Electric Bass and our announced BrassBars electric piano.
Effects are from the new PedalBench series of pedals for Guitar and Bass.

Seventies Chase
Duh, I missed that part, the amp sits on an e-piano,
sounds clean and mid warm-ish.
Do you remember how much in can be given before it crunches?

Well, actually it is about dynamic range available to clean sounds. You can use it quite clean like here.
Don't forget, though, that the first Deluxe (like this one) was known to have an input Gain control that acted almost like a drive control.
The circuit doesn't have a feedback resistor in the out stage like almost all successive have, so it can distort eadily. Big part of its character.
See our N. Young experiment: sounds like the real thing, like it or not, but with lots of character:
https://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.ph ... eil-young/

Our TwinR has a wider clean dynamic range available, different thing.

Return to “Effects”