New FREE reverb: Dragonfly Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks to the OP for pointing this out. Very nice reverb.
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

cprompt wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:03 pm For a free reverb ...
Haha, I will start my next comment: "For a paid plugin it is quite nice!" :hihi:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I wish beer was free.
<List your stupid gear here>

Edit: Nevermind

This is an excellent reverb! Thanks for the heads-up, OP :hyper:

I hope they make an AU version at some point.

Hey everybody, I'm the primary developer of Dragonfly Reverb. I just made an update based on some feedback I got:

https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragon ... /1.0.0-RC2

In this version, the presets don't control the dry/early/late sliders. I had some folks tell me that they prefer to have a 100% wet reverb bus that gets mixed into the dry signal elsewhere. They found it a pain that they would set the dry to 0% and set the early and late to taste, only to have the dry pop back up and the early/late drop back down when they picked another preset.

This also changes the way that the early reflections algorithm is parameterized, hopefully the early reflections can be mixed in at a higher level now without sounding too harsh.

Let me know what you think!

P.S. Sorry, AU isn't on the roadmap right now. I would love to make an AU, but the framework I'm using doesn't support AU. I've been told that there are VST-to-AU wrappers though.

P.S. Sorry, AU isn't on the roadmap right now. I would love to make an AU, but the framework (https://github.com/DISTRHO/DPF) I'm using doesn't support AU. I've been told that there are VST-to-AU wrappers though.
I've tried it in Logic inside a wrapper plugin and it works fine. Shame about DISTRHO/DPF not offering AU.

Many thanks to the developer for this - I've been playing with Freeverb3VST for a while but the GUIs are so clunky it's a real pain. A quick question - any chance of doing the same thing for one of the plate algorithms?

Cheers,

Chris

cpsmusic wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:54 amA quick question - any chance of doing the same thing for one of the plate algorithms?
Hey Chris, I'm glad you're liking it. As for future development, I have had a lot of requests for different things. Some people want more features in this project, other people want a similar plugin that uses the ProG algorithm. I'm trying to decide what to work on next, and how to balance plugin development with doing my own virtual orchestration, which what I wanted to do in the first place :phones:

32 bit(ch), please!!! :-D

Very cool interface and options.

Feel like I'm asking something really (really) obvious here - how do you set the reverb time for this reverb?

I know there's a Size control, but on Hibiki that's separate to the RT60 control.

Turello wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:30 pm 32 bit(ch), please!!! :-D
Sorry to say that, but I am missing a 32 Bit version, too. Although 32 bits are dying in favor of highway64, they are doing it very very slowly. Which is a good thing, though. I assume that 64 doesn't even have a majority with producers all over the world. Remember that not everyone has the financial resources to migrate. Others, like me, have many 32-Bit-only plugins which are doing their job perfectly in their environment, which could be different with bridging, and therefore there is no urging need felt to hasten up the transition.
But nowadays so few people find the courage to ask for 32 Bit, I think they are afraid to be called reactionary. Vice Versa, everyone is bashing 32-Bit-only plugins, cause that is en vogue.

knossos wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:01 pm Although 32 bits are dying in favor of highway64, they are doing it very very slowly. Which is a good thing, though.

No, I think it is a bad thing. It's going too slow. If all developers would already have stopped supporting 32bit by now, most people would have feel forced to update their ancient machines and those few still whinging for 32bit support could relatively safely be ignored. That would give developers more time to develop useful stuff instead.

So kudos to those developers who stopped supporting 32bit.

Having said that: for open source freeware such as this one 32bit makes perfect sense because it's useful to those who really can't afford a halfway modern 64bit system.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”