VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Texture

This plugin is really quite useful imho, after having had it for a while. Just
one of those effects that you find yourself trying out on everything... :tu:

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:34 pm
But what kind of subscription BS is this?
'Your Licence' code wrote: Expires date: 1 Jan 2999
My frozen head in a jar is totally going to want to be able to run this y'know.

Yeah, wouldn't hurt to add another 1000years, just to be on the safe side....
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:34 pm Texture is back on sale again
Thank yooooou! :hyper:
ImageImageImageImage

This sounds intriguing. How does it differ from sidechaining a gate? Is it more vocoder like?

I guess it takes the concept of sidechaining a gate, and gives you every various application of that function in a very very handy package. They have put a lot of work into the sounds and presets it has inside, but unfortunately it doesnt look like they have done much to show them off.

This video is a decent overview-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGAWgiCH5hQ

This shows a lot of different uses, pretty amazing-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhhIaqIyM8

There are a couple of improvements Id like to see, and I know some are planned already, but it is absolutely a top shelf useful and creative tool as is.

Things I want;
User wav for source
Sidechain input for source
Easy multi-out for wet signal if needed
Delay time on wet output (or delay on adsr, like Massive)
Make source parameter controls somewhat modular
Sidechain input for modulation

There are workarounds for some of that.. just notes I made.
This thing is really great. :tu:
ImageImageImageImage

^

I was not sure if Texture is an effect or an instrument.
If an effect it surely has an audio input for user wav as source.
Sorry, just a bit confused.

It's an effect that mixes in its own samples according to gate/envelope/LFO settings. You can achieve the same effect using actual sidechained gates, EQs and envelope followers operating on a track playing a (looped) sample but Texture makes the process a lot more convenient.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 pm I was not sure if Texture is an effect or an instrument.
It is an effect vst, but its core function is mixing what it calls another "source" sound over the incoming audio, via various tricky gates and envelopes and etc..

It does come with a pretty amazing selection of source sounds. That kind of has to be admitted. :)
But, user input via loading wavs, (or sidechain stream :hyper: ) , is the obvious next step.

It is kind of a wide concept...
Some of what it does, I do every day and it makes it easy. But some stuff I didnt even think of until I watched one of those vids.
It does very boring utilitarian things like drum replacing, or adding noise to transients. But it can do some pretty tricky audible sound design stuff like.. adding a baby laugh sound to mids of your snare. :ud:
I really hope the devs stay on it..
I will be using it every day for sure.
Gamma-UT wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:44 pm Texture makes the process a lot more convenient.
Just as my carpal tunnel is kicking in, this will save me a few thousand clicks. :D
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:32 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 pm I was not sure if Texture is an effect or an instrument.
It is an effect vst, but its core function is mixing what it calls another "source" sound over the incoming audio, via various tricky gates and envelopes and etc..

It does come with a pretty amazing selection of source sounds. That kind of has to be admitted. :)
But, user input via loading wavs, (or sidechain stream :hyper: ) , is the obvious next step.

It is kind of a wide concept...
Some of what it does, I do every day and it makes it easy. But some stuff I didnt even think of until I watched one of those vids.
It does very boring utilitarian things like drum replacing, or adding noise to transients. But it can do some pretty tricky audible sound design stuff like.. adding a baby laugh sound to mids of your snare. :ud:
I really hope the devs stay on it..
I will be using it every day for sure.
Gamma-UT wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:44 pm Texture makes the process a lot more convenient.
Just as my carpal tunnel is kicking in, this will save me a few thousand clicks. :D
Thanks for the explanation.
I will wait of the version when I can use my wav as a sound source.

Heh, some folks going to be sorry they didn't grab this when it was on sale. :D
Outstanding job Devious Machines :clap:

I'm sure glad I did! This is fun as heck!

I love Texture, great plugin.

Have they released the update yet?

Still no import of own samples?

imminent

sale imminent as well?
normal price is quite high for a newcomer dev...

Return to “Effects”