Texture by Devious Machines

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Texture

https://www.deviousmachines.com/

https://youtu.be/5BhhIaqIyM8

Drawing from a library of over 340 acoustic and electronic sources, Texture synthesises new layers which track the dynamics of your sound. Want to “glue” your hi-hats transients by adding dynamic filtered noise? Or how about beefing up that kick drum by automatically adding a low sine wave? Texture makes this is easy, intuitive and fast.

But its uses don’t stop at mix enhancement. Experimental musicians and sound designers will find a plethora of leftfield sound at their fingertips. How about having bubbling water track a keyboard part, or adding ferocious fire crackle to the roar of a monster? Texture makes all this and more possible.
  • Over 340 sampled, granular and generative sound sources
  • Advanced envelope with attack, hold and decay controls
  • Dual filter, to quickly shape your chosen texture
  • Independent EQ sections for the wet and dry signal paths
  • Source-specific synthesis controls include colour, pitch, density and octave.
  • Modulate a Texture’s controls and filter cutoff using LFO and envelope signals
  • Tweak the response to the source signal with the sidechain filter
  • Squash the Texture sound using limiting and make-up gain
  • Global control of Texture level, Mix and Master level
  • Intuitive user interface, for fast results
  • VST/AU/AAX plugin for PC (32/64-bit) and Mac (64-bit).
  • Windows 7 or OSX 10.9 or later

Interesting :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Looks interesting but even on sale $101. Too expensive.

perpetual3 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:17 pm Looks interesting but even on sale $101. Too expensive.
On sale it’s $75, still expensive..

simmo75 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:59 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:17 pm Looks interesting but even on sale $101. Too expensive.
Yeah, and it’s a new, small software developer. Unproven, maybe they might just disappear. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be quite as hestitant despite the expensive price.

Same here : I thought the plugin could be interesting, then I saw the price. I will try it when it's on sale at a price I'm willing to pay for this.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Yeah, and it’s a new, small software developer. Unproven, maybe they might just disappear. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be quite as hestitant despite the expensive price.
It may help to know that whilst Devious Machines is a new brand I've around in this business for the past 5 years now. I run http://www.credland.net and Dom (the other half of Devious Machines) and I both work on the Loopcloud client for Loopmasters.

cheers! Jim.
Devious Machines

Adding your own samples is a work in progress. It should be done before you are bored of the built in sounds with a bit of luck :)
Devious Machines

simmo75 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:59 pm
Agreed.

DJErmac wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:18 pm Same here : I thought the plugin could be interesting, then I saw the price. I will try it when it's on sale at a price I'm willing to pay for this.
+1.

(and that´s even though my dear lady would surely confirm I do spend a lot of money on what she calls "redundant gimmicks" :hihi: )

That one would have been an instant purchase at an intro price of around 40 quid (and then, 55 after the intro period, maybe 79 once it´s really feature complete... but that´s just me and the way I spend)

Seriously, I´d love to have that one, if only the intro price was more palateable.

What say you now? its $60US at PB. :phones:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/4819-Texture

I picked it up!

Oops, I had unsubscribed from this thread. Yeah, it´s still 46 gbp, not 40, but I got it anyway :phones: Nice alternative to the overused (by me, at least :hihi: ) Audiothing Vinyl Strip!

I bought this as well, quite useful and interesting. Looking forward to custom sample support and whatnot.

Anyway pretty cool imho...

Yeeea you guys have a special one here. I had a feeling when I first saw it...
User wavs is necessary, and makes it really a core piece of kit for me. SO glad to hear it.
Honestly, it makes many parts of my workflow entirely too accessible. :P
plexuss wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:51 pm $60US at PB
Dammit!
That, I could very easily justify.
Current price, has to wait. And I am sad.
ImageImageImageImage

Texture is back on sale again both at PB and DM's own website (for about fifty quid).

But what kind of subscription BS is this?
'Your Licence' code wrote: Expires date: 1 Jan 2999
My frozen head in a jar is totally going to want to be able to run this y'know.

Return to “Effects”