Need a best mastering plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Searching more for it.. but its hard to find a best plugin for mastering a song.... Spared most of the days with factory plugins ( FL Studio : Parametric eq , Maximus.. etc) but they are sounding good enough only for mixing racks. Maximus performs good but need to get a multiple parameters included plugin for mastering my project

Izotope Ozone (Advance) is a thing. Something I use for my own tracks and they get signed :)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

There is no best. At what you'd like to use usually depends on what your song needs. Personally for example I never had 2 mastering chains containing the same plugins ordered the same. It's more about knowing what to do.

Ozone is a thing but unfortunately I see many just loading a preset and that's it :D

Use stock eq to shape the sound to be best possible, then mix the track properly and ram that piece through a stock limiter so that it peaks around -3dB.

The best thing you can plug in for mastering is a pair of good monitors and headphones and simply listen. Most contemproary software plugins are high enough quality to master with. I think you may misunderstand what mastering is. There is a lot of good information on the net about how to achieve a good master. :phones:

If you don't know which mastering plugins you "need", you probably shouldn't be mastering anything.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:58 pm If you don't know which mastering plugins you "need", you probably shouldn't be mastering anything.
This.

Also tokyo dawn plugins are great if you believe that stock stuff doesn't sound masterful :lol:

DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:38 pm Izotope Ozone (Advance) is a thing. Something I use for my own tracks and they get signed :)
I got Ozone 8 Standard (upgraded from the "free" Elements from PB) and use it on every track now (after mixing).

Some people might sneer at the "AI" features, but I really like how it gives you a rough starting point. It can also work as a second pair of ears. For example, I noticed how it set the Dynamic EQ quite aggressively for the frequency range my hi-hats occupied, which made me realize my hats were too loud in the first place (too much listening to the song on loop until I got used to it), so I went back to the mix and turned them down.

Obviously you can achieve the same thing with any custom chain of stock, free or paid plug-ins, but it just streamlines and simplifies the process (if you want to, you can of course adjust everything manually)

Ozone is just.. just good. :P
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

You might as well have asked what the best beer,car,movie etc is. That how ridiculously broad your question is.

jbarish wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:04 pm You might as well have asked what the best beer,car,movie etc is. That how ridiculously broad your question is.
Well.. Now that you mentioned those, what are your favorites?

Ozone obviously but also T-Racks One.
But if you're looking for cheaper or free options you should just go download Tokyo Dawns free pack and chain the Slick EQ into the Limiter No.6 which is all you really need.
If you want some more color PluginBoutique got a sale on BeatSkillz Slam Dawg for $10 which I'm demoing and am enjoying for extra juice on the track.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:58 pm If you don't know which mastering plugins you "need", you probably shouldn't be mastering anything.
Sure, because no one ever has to start somewhere.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:27 pm
Sure, because no one ever has to start somewhere.
^^ This. I'm so unbelievably sick of the mentality of "If you don't know how to do X, you shouldn't try to do Y in the first place."
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Return to “Effects”