Schwa/Stillwell

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:07 pm Broadsword!!
In the 4 and a half years since that announcement, Broadsword hasn't exactly covered himself in glory in the amount of code he has written :D
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I use Vibe EQ a lot. Definitely not abandonware as far as I'm concerned. Been in constant contact with Stillwell support after having an issue. Instant reply and very keen on getting to the root of the problem.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

cprompt wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:02 pm
inkwarp wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:33 am it doesn't look like it's abandoned at all. latest website update was july...
The website might have been updated in July, but the plugins haven't been touched since July 2014 which is over 4 years now. Unfortunately, much as I genuinely love the Stillwell plugins I own, it looks like a site where the owner lost his developer and just has to stick with what he's got. I'd love to be proved wrong.
Well, the owner IS a developer (me), and we are still very much in development. Current release is in internal alpha and preparing for closed beta, with open beta to follow. There have been EXTENSIVE changes under the hood to prepare for hiDPI (Retina, etc.). Schwa was never the only developer. referring to another post in this thread, Broadsword may not have covered himself in glory (how does one do that, anyway?), but he's sure as hell written a lot of code that goes to the heart of making the new release work and I sincerely doubt we'd be as far along as we are without him.

New plugins are in various stages of design now and will start to progress towards release after we get the updates for all other plugins out the door.

We're still here and have no plans to leave.

Will you be making an all-in-one installer? It took me bloody ages to download all my purchases last time and install each individually. BTW Great to hear you're still with us.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Even though the gui is ridiculous, I still love Oligarc. The Rocket and Vibe EQ are great too.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:47 pm Will you be making an all-in-one installer? It took me bloody ages to download all my purchases last time and install each individually. BTW Great to hear you're still with us.
It's a tradeoff - relatively few people want ALL of the plugins, and if I bundle them all together, the installer gets pretty large ( > 100 MB). I'll think about what I can do to make it easier...the knowledgebase of our support site already has a link to make it easier to buy more than one plugin at a time, but that doesn't help for downloads...so it's a fair point.

Thank you for looking into it. :tu:

sstillwell wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:11 pm It's a tradeoff - relatively few people want ALL of the plugins, and if I bundle them all together, the installer gets pretty large ( > 100 MB).
in this day and age does anyone consider >100mb ‘large’, especially for a suite installer? Plenty of single plugin installers are >500mb...and things like the Slate suite are getting close to 2gb!

Hate bundles. Let me demo/buy/download just the ones I want.

Also, 1973 and Vibe are such lovely plugins.

sstillwell wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:42 pm We're still here and have no plans to leave.
Great to hear :tu:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:34 pm
sstillwell wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:42 pm We're still here and have no plans to leave.
Great to hear indeed ;)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:11 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:34 pm
Great to hear indeed ;)
Indeed, most excellent to hear.

What I like very much about the Stillwell plugins is how little CPU they use whilst still sounding great.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I have bought and kept quite a few Stillwell and Schwa plugins. Being a complete plugin junkie who prefers to twiddle with plugins rather than actually finish anything, I have never really fully explored them. Especially the more unique plugins that I have such as Dyno, Spectro, TinMan, Bad Buss Mojo and Sculpto. Sculpto I especially cannot understand. From the Sculpto guide:-
Sculpto guide:- "Sculpto is a waveform shaping tool allowing powerful direct control over audio. Sculpto displays the waveform of the input audio and lets you draw curves across it to create envelopes that the audio then follows or clips to, or both, in real time, non-destructively."
So you create envelopes over the displayed audio waveform within Sculpto. But what happens every time you edit the audio, move midi, or change the structure of the track in the DAW? I can see that then the envelopes you create in Sculpto will often need editing. I really cannot see the point of this plugin. Which makes me think I don't really understand how to use it. Please can anyone out there enlighten me on how they use Sculpto and any of the other more unique Stillwell/Schwa plugins (like those I have listed)?
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Just tried out Olga, trying to wrap my head around the russian labels..

I can't remember how but I think you have to click on the 'white tie' to reveal the english version of the GUI. I used to own it but sold it on a long time ago. No doubt someone here can correct me about the GUI trick if I'm wrong.

Return to “Effects”