Schwa/Stillwell

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wanted to bring up some discussion of these FX.

4 years since the V3 update. Anyone still using these? What you like? Still worth the price?

https://www.stillwellaudio.com/

Still great. Most of them still worth the price.

Still usin dyno...

The Rocket, 1973 and Major Tom are still pretty cool. Whether they're as good now with newer competition as they were a few years ago, I don't know. And price-wise, a Reaper licence for $25 is pretty fair, but $39 for a full license is getting a bit expensive in my opinion. But, who knows?

It does seem like the plugins are abandon-ware, although there are a few blog posts from this summer, so someone's still there. I did laugh when I saw that the forum software was updated back in June, yet the forum itself is as busy as a McDonalds in North Korea!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Well, I don't see the point of putting money into abandonware.

The Rocket is pretty cool. NOT a 1176 but in the ball park. 1973 is very weak compared to Marconi 1 or scheps 73.

I wouldn't consider them abandoned just complete.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

I wish PsychoDither was updated to 64bit. It does say it is but at least I have never received a 64bit version link.. and the evaluation thing you can download still says 32bit.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Big fan of their plugins but pretty much abandoned them after CMX started causing headaches. They don't seem to be much more active now than they were when that started so it's unfortunate, but I don't feel confident enough to use them again. I was a big fan of Oligarc, Event Horizon, and Olga as well so it's a bummer.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

If they've abandoned development, they should make them freeware :P (I know, they kind of are already).

i love the rocket comp. and use bombadier a lot to...
it doesn't look like it's abandoned at all. latest website update was july...

I've been using Bombardier on the master for many years even though I still barely understand what to do with it. The Reaper discounts sure make them a better value. Scott said ages ago he was gonna do some more updates to them but who knows if that's true anymore.

Well.. Schwa moved to work fulltime with Reaper and there was this (damn I can't find the name now) person who started working with Stillwell plugs but I have no idea what that person does with them :D

I'd be most interested about VibeEQ, Rocket, Bad buss mojo, Tinman and Oligarc.. Do they still stand time and/or do they have any decent competition?

inkwarp wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:33 am it doesn't look like it's abandoned at all. latest website update was july...
The website might have been updated in July, but the plugins haven't been touched since July 2014 which is over 4 years now. Unfortunately, much as I genuinely love the Stillwell plugins I own, it looks like a site where the owner lost his developer and just has to stick with what he's got. I'd love to be proved wrong.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I'm still using OLGA and Oligarc. Secret weapons sometimes!

Broadsword!!

I'd really like to hear from Schwa himself that what's up :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”