2CAudio Precedence | 1.5 | Move Out Of Flatland. Take Precedence.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2ca wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:02 pm >
Yes, all instances of Breeze within the same Group appear to be aware of each other, but not aware of the instances of the instances of Precedence's Group 1

that is correct. groups are per product only. groups are meant to be used for broadcast and shared gui editing. P<->B linking has nothing to do with groups.

Regards,
Denis,
2CAudio
But up to this version the Breeze instances only seemed to recognize (i.e. appeared to be able to link to) those instances of Precedence that were in the same Group. And yes, this didn't necessarily make sense to me. But right now Breeze doesn't always seem to be able to link at all anymore - or to put it more correctly: now with Beta 2 Breeze seems to be have even more problems to link to Precedence than it did with beta 1.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hello Jens,

could you please make a video demonstrating the issues and send it to support@2caudio.com
thanks.

Regards,
Denis, 2CAudio

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:10 pm What makes this beta-version? Haven’t installed, yet.
Well, the nature and goal of beta in general is to discover things we don't know exist. We don't generally know what we don't know. :wink:

We did decide to make the menus/panels/fonts larger already, and did that yesterday as it looks better for some smaller GUI sizes on HDPI screens with various OS scaling settings (i.e. things like Retina Displays). But that is minor/aesthetic only.

Other than that, Group topics as you see mentioned in the past few posts are being discussed and Denis is considering/exploring.

In general, this build could be considered a Release Candidate unless an "unknown unknown" pops up. :tu:

2ca wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:41 am Hello Jens,

could you please make a video demonstrating the issues and send it to support@2caudio.com
thanks.

Regards,
Denis, 2CAudio
I was about to suggest that...

I just need to see what to best use for it as it's not something I normally do...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Andrew Souter wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:17 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:10 pm What makes this beta-version? Haven’t installed, yet.
Well, the nature and goal of beta in general is to discover things we don't know exist. We don't generally know what we don't know. :wink:

We did decide to make the menus/panels/fonts larger already, and did that yesterday as it looks better for some smaller GUI sizes on HDPI screens with various OS scaling settings (i.e. things like Retina Displays). But that is minor/aesthetic only.

Other than that, Group topics as you see mentioned in the past few posts are being discussed and Denis is considering/exploring.

In general, this build could be considered a Release Candidate unless an "unknown unknown" pops up. :tu:
Hmm...you never know ”everything”, at some point you just have to decide, this is the version release.
I was interested in knowing the specific ”in progress” items, which we can expect (and some of you mentioned).

My policy is to avoid installing beta-versions. Unfortunately many software final release are nowdays de facto betas, or beta-betas, such as the Win OS. I think we just recently got the real OS 10 (1903) release.

Your policy seems to be (?) the oppsite.

jens wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:55 pm
2ca wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:41 am Hello Jens,

thanks.

Regards,
Denis, 2CAudio
I was about to suggest that...

I just need to see what to best use for it as it's not something I normally do...
You can try this ;)
https://www.cockos.com/licecap/
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Thanks, jbraner! :tu:

However it's not required in this case as it seems it was all just a stupid user error :oops: :dog: :oops:

Did already Beta 1 of Precedence 1.5 have a sync button too? :lol:

I thought all I had to do was to sync Breeze to whatever instance of Precendence - a new instance of Precedence automatically has sync enabled, so for new instances using the button was not required but apparently only some instances of older projects load with sync enabled and I found the button just now. :shock: :lol:

Sorry!!! (then again: you could make that function just a little more obvious :razz:)

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:18 pm
Hmm...you never know ”everything”, at some point you just have to decide, this is the version release.
I was interested in knowing the specific ”in progress” items, which we can expect (and some of you mentioned).

My policy is to avoid installing beta-versions. Unfortunately many software final release are nowdays de facto betas, or beta-betas, such as the Win OS. I think we just recently got the real OS 10 (1903) release.

Your policy seems to be (?) the oppsite.
It depends on the nature of the project. Precedence 1.0 was almost purely a DSP/Algorithm and GUI project. We control almost completely all of that code. There was no public beta and there were no bugs reported in the initial release even. There was no 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 etc

(Breeze 2.0 was not quite so smooth bc it was the first product using our new GUI sdk etc. so we needed extra checks on that and indeed we did have some beta releases )

Multi-instance editing, inter-plugin communication, Precedence Link, edit groups etc depend on a lot of interactions with hosts and OSes. Ie code we don’t completely control. And frankly these topics are coded by Denis who is our expert on these topics and he would like to be conservative by making sure they are fully tested in the wild before we call them release since it is very complex stuff code-wise and he does not control everything. So we must listen to our expert on these topics. These are the kind of things he gets to decide when doing these kind of projects for 20 years. :-)

Of course we could just release it issue hot fixes etc as needed but we prefer to be conservative in this case.

and I found the button just now
Do you mean the P-Link button?
John Braner

Yes, that one exactly! :oops:

(As I mentioned, I thought the linking had only to be enabled within/for Breeze - it seemed (and still seems) to make sense like that to me too - tbh I don't get quite point of the second P-Link button - but then again it's enabled by default anyway)

I guess I can see why you'd need to enable it from both sides.
I'm not sure if it's automatically enabled by default - or if that's a function of our "default" preset, or "last loaded preset" 😉
John Braner

If you load a new instance, enable "Load Last", tweak any number of parameters to extreme values, disable P-Link, unload the instance and finally re-load a new one, that should make you quite sure. ;-)

jens wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:26 pm If you load a new instance, enable "Load Last", tweak any number of parameters to extreme values, disable P-Link, unload the instance and finally re-load a new one, that should make you quite sure. ;-)
The P-Link button defaults to being Enabled, yes. The plug will always load init to Enabled when it is instantiated in the mixer. It is not technically part of Preset State, and is not saved in presets. So the "Load Last" function (which operates on Preset State) does not effect it.

Of course if you create a host project and load P, disable P-Link, and save the host project the disabled state is correctly recalled when reloading the host project.

In order for there to be an Active Precedence Link, two things must be true:

1) P-Link must be Enabled
2) There must be a Instance Name Match with an instance of Breeze

The reason we don't just remove P-Link Enable/Disable button and just have it always Enabled is to handle more complex/rare situation like "jbraner" asked about a few pages back where we might have several Precedence instances that output into a group where we might insert Breeze on the group. It's rare that this would come up, but it's possible to do at least.

I see - thanks for explaining!

So I think the issue I ran across is that with beta 2, instances of Precedence that are included in projects which have been saved pre 1.5, load with P-Link disabled.

Thanks for explaining from me too!
I hadn't tried this - was merely thinking out loud trying to figure out what was happening with jens ;)
John Braner

Return to “Effects”