2CAudio Precedence | 1.5 | Move Out Of Flatland. Take Precedence.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for your reply Andrew - I'll certainly try sticking Precedence / Breeze on each track, and see how we get on.

Otherwise, if I do need to use a (Breeze on a) buss (Precedence on each track), it sounds like the short answer is - don't use the "link" on Precedence or Breeze ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

The grouping/linking works really bad atm unfortunately. There's not a single existing multi-instances project I tried so far where I didn't run into major problems.
I am suspicious that especially tracks that have only either of the two loaded throw it all off.

Sometimes already successfully linked Couples won't link anymore if they get renamed and I have to manually rename to ID n (i.e. the correct ID I tried renaming from) to get them to link again.

Sometimes instances that are part of the same group won't show up for that group (in Precendence) but instead form another group (of the same number) all on their own.

Stuff like that. Hard to pin-point.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Now I can't even rename to ID n anymore because the required space between ID and the number won't be accepted - dunno how I did that before... :?
Anyway, I have a project loaded right now that is completely off - basically I have to completely rebuilt the entire Precendence/Breeze system. (Yes, this project existed before the current versions so this certainly makes matters a lot worse.)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

because the required space between ID and the number won't be accepted - dunno how I did that before... :?
Find a setting to "pass all keystrokes to this plugin".
I have to do this in Reaper, and I know you can do it in SONAR - so you must be able to do it in most DAWs ;)
John Braner

we will be uploading a new version later today (most likely)...

jens wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:37 am Now I can't even rename to ID n anymore because the required space between ID and the number won't be accepted - dunno how I did that before... :?
Anyway, I have a project loaded right now that is completely off - basically I have to completely rebuilt the entire Precendence/Breeze system. (Yes, this project existed before the current versions so this certainly makes matters a lot worse.)
Please check in the next version we will post. I've been making demo mixing with 40 or instances of each and have no such issues. Please create/recreate the project with the new version and see if the issues persist. Let us know.

name matching is now case-insensite btw. (in the version we will post hopefully today)

inheriting names from track names automatically will have to wait for later. synced name change will also have to wait until later. i.e. if you change a name in P or B sometime later after setting up a project, you need to change it in both locations to keep the link active.

note as I mentioned a few posts ago, you can actually cut/paste names from host track name to P and B. That's pretty fast. Just be sure to keep P and B GUIs open and have Selection Sync in B active, and then change selection in P, Paste, switch to B paste. Done. But be sure to change both before you change selection.

jbraner wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 am Find a setting to "pass all keystrokes to this plugin".
that's cool! I wish Cubase OSX had this. AFAIK it does not? It blocks/intercepts Page-Up/Page-Down commands which we use to switch instance selection unfortunately. We will try to override this later on, but it is risky to do atm.

Switching the Nav Bar to show Instance selection and using <> buttons is a fast way to cycle through all instances for batch renaming while setting up the project.

(i know this is not the specific task you are discussing, but it is related, and it a personal pet peeve, as I found Page Up/Down to be very convenient while testing on Windows)

jbraner wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 am
because the required space between ID and the number won't be accepted - dunno how I did that before... :?
Find a setting to "pass all keystrokes to this plugin".
I have to do this in Reaper, and I know you can do it in SONAR - so you must be able to do it in most DAWs ;)
That did the trick - thanks! :tu:

Andrew Souter wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:02 pm
jens wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:37 am Now I can't even rename to ID n anymore because the required space between ID and the number won't be accepted - dunno how I did that before... :?
Please check in the next version we will post. I've been making demo mixing with 40 or instances of each and have no such issues. Please create/recreate the project with the new version and see if the issues persist. Let us know.

name matching is now case-insensite btw. (in the version we will post hopefully today)

inheriting names from track names automatically will have to wait for later. synced name change will also have to wait until later. i.e. if you change a name in P or B sometime later after setting up a project, you need to change it in both locations to keep the link active.

note as I mentioned a few posts ago, you can actually cut/paste names from host track name to P and B. That's pretty fast. Just be sure to keep P and B GUIs open and have Selection Sync in B active, and then change selection in P, Paste, switch to B paste. Done. But be sure to change both before you change selection.
Sounds great - let's see! :tu: :-D

Precedence 1.5.0 Beta 2 is available for customers.

You can find it here, listed under your Precedence order download:

https://www.designersound.com/mydownloads

Changes:
  • Various Minor Bug Fixes to Multi-Edit/Link/Group topics as reported from Beta 1
  • Windows installer fix to allow custom install paths for all files
  • Custom Menu Objects in the GUI
  • Precedence Link Name Match is now case-insensitive
Please let us know your experience. Thanks.

No, linking still no worky worky...

different Groups of the same # exist.

In addition this update totally messed up my instance-sizes (i.e. resizing them).

Edit:

Yes, basically the problems seems to be just that:

Breeze Group 1 is totally unlike Precedence's Group 1.

Edit 2:

Yes, all instances of Breeze within the same Group appear to be aware of each other, but not aware of the instances of the instances of Precedence's Group 1

Something weird going on. The previously (before the update) loaded instances are called "2C Precedence"
however if load a new instance, it's named "Precendence" (Reaper) - both however appear to be the same version. :?

Andrew Souter wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 pm Precedence 1.5.0 Beta 2 is available for customers.

You can find it here, listed under your Precedence order download:

https://www.designersound.com/mydownloads

Changes:
  • Various Minor Bug Fixes to Multi-Edit/Link/Group topics as reported from Beta 1
  • Windows installer fix to allow custom install paths for all files
  • Custom Menu Objects in the GUI
  • Precedence Link Name Match is now case-insensitive
Please let us know your experience. Thanks.
What makes this beta-version? Haven’t installed, yet.

Hi,
I just installed beta 2. I loaded up my Reaper project which is all set up with beta 1 versions of Precedence/Breeze pairs.
- Precedence came up in a very tiny size. I was able to change it - but the update did wreck my GUI size that I'd set up.
- in Breeze, when you choose the little triangle by the instance name (I know there are a few different ways to see the instances) it works fine, but you have to RH click to close the instance list. This isn't obvious at first ;)
- Something did screw up when I first loaded Precedence. I was trying to hit pg up and pg down to change instances - but I realised that you have to have the list of instances open, for pg up and pg dn to work. You can then close the instance list and it continues to work - but you need to open the list for it to work the first time.
- It did screw something up though - because all of a sudden my instance of precedence wasn't in group 1 anymore, and it's name was changed to "ID 001" (from the name I had given it).All I had done was press pgup and pgdn a few times, while not in the instance list view. I just closed Reaper 9without saving) and re-opened it - and everything was OK again - but this is not great.

I'll continue playing with it and report back if there are any more problems.
John Braner

>
Yes, all instances of Breeze within the same Group appear to be aware of each other, but not aware of the instances of the instances of Precedence's Group 1

that is correct. groups are per product only. groups are meant to be used for broadcast and shared gui editing. P<->B linking has nothing to do with groups.

Regards,
Denis,
2CAudio

Return to “Effects”