2CAudio Precedence | 1.5 | Move Out Of Flatland. Take Precedence.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Andrew Souter wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:24 pm
jbraner wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:46 pm The only downside is - if all the tracks are using the same settings for Breeze (ie all using the same room settings), then it becomes a nuisance to make a change, as you have to update all the Breeze instances. (that's why it's easier to use a buss for this kind of "everyone in the same room" reverb)
oh ye of little faith.... :D
Oh I wasn't of little faith ;) I was hoping you'd say something like this! ;)

jens - thanks for backing me up ;)

Slate's VCC does something like this (group plugins so they can have the same settings) - so this is really going to be a game changer...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

when i first got Precedence , i used an instance on each
channel , and a single instance of Breeze2 , on a send ...
i've toyed about w/ variations of distance v. mix , non-linked ,
and gotten interesting results ...
i've also used it linked , and on a one to one basis ...

looking forward to the update ...

i used an instance on each
channel , and a single instance of Breeze2 , on a send ...
That's what I've been doing, and it sounds great.
So, things can only get better! ;)
John Braner

Well I just officially got my first 2C Audio plugin. Looking forward to exploring this now on a lot of tracks simultaneously, a really unfortunate demo restriction which would normally had made me stop testing the demo but I was stubborn this time around. In short: You guys got lucky you got my money. :)

Normally I would have just given up as this kind of plugin really needs to be properly tested with multiple tracks to learn of all the potential pitfalls and phase anomalies that this can create (not uncommon for this kind of effects process).

Anyhow, enough of the ranting.. will give this now a proper go for a few weeks and see how useful it ends up being. I suspect it'll become a part of my short list of indispensable tools.

Cheers!
bM
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Thanks for the comprehensive reply, I am looking forward to the release

bmanic wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:58 pm Well I just officially got my first 2C Audio plugin.
I suspect it'll become a part of my short list of indispensable tools.
Excellent. Welcome. Thanks for the compliments. :tu:

...nm
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

Is there going to be another sale of Precedense? I´d like to give it a chance after the new version. Because it has potential but as of now it is dulling the sound too much. (it´s like real sound is revealed when listening and switch off all the instances). And more mono compatible (which is promised but I won´t buy it based on talk)

sonicpowa wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:45 am Because it has potential but as of now it is dulling the sound too much.
What kind of music are you making?

By "dulling" I would assume this to mean "high frequency loss"? This is actually a natural phenomenon: "air absorption" cause sounds to loose high frequency energy as they travel through the air. Loss of high frequencies is one of the cues used by human hearing to judge distance. Precedence makes use of this fact (amount other things), although it does it in fairly subtle manner that is IMHO appropriate for music mixing.

You can control the intensity of this perceptual cue by changing the "Freq Delta" parameter. Set it to 0% to minimize this effect if your music style can not tolerate any HF loss.
sonicpowa wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:45 am And more mono compatible (which is promised but I won´t buy it based on talk)
This is done. There are three modes now in our internal build as described in an earlier post. They are complete. Note the primary mode is the current mode, and no attempts to make it any more mono-compatible than it is already have been made, bc the real world is not exactly perfectly mono compatible either, so if we care about being most accurate to the real world we have to care slightly less about perfect mono-compatablity. The other two new modes are just about perfectly mono compatible however, for cases where users still care about that.

Note also all modes including the one you guys have already are mono-compatible in the electronic-music/club sense. You will not experience any bass cancelation issues.

Andrew Souter wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:17 pmYou can control the intensity of this perceptual cue by changing the "Freq Delta" parameter. Set it to 0% to minimize this effect if your music style can not tolerate any HF loss.
Yes I meant HF loss and lowering the Freq Delta is good because I´m doing mostly electronic music. But I have to skip the sale this time. Good luck with the plugin.

Can I use licenses on two computers? Can't remember if I forgot to license it on the laptop or did i get de-licensed (that's for all 2c plugs)

is there a wet/dry knob :) and can there be one? :D

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:14 pm is there a wet/dry knob :)
No.
Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:14 pm and can there be one? :D
No.

Within the language of spatial processing/hearing, Precedence changes the nature of the direct sound itself. It is not the mix of the direct sound + some effect such as early reflections or reverb. It is a operation on the direct sound. Mixing this with the dry sound would give a bad result.

If you wish the effect to me more subtle you simply use lower:

Distance
Time Delta
Freq Delta
Width
Mod Depth
etc

(and there are two other modes to explore in the next update which can also be more subtle in some regards)

what aspect specifically do you want "less of"?

Distance
Time Delta
Freq Delta
Width
Mod Depth
etc
We need a manual to tell us how to use these ;)
Is there a manual with the upcoming update?
Thanks
John Braner

Andrew Souter wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:33 pm
Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:14 pm is there a wet/dry knob :)
No.
Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:14 pm and can there be one? :D
No.

Within the language of spatial processing/hearing, Precedence changes the nature of the direct sound itself. It is not the mix of the direct sound + some effect such as early reflections or reverb. It is a operation on the direct sound. Mixing this with the dry sound would give a bad result.

Distance
Time Delta
Freq Delta
Width
Mod Depth
etc

(and there are two other modes to explore in the next update which can also be more subtle in some regards)

what aspect specifically do you want "less of"?
I don't want less of, i want complete eradication of the dry signal :) (was toying with the doubler presets)

Return to “Effects”