2CAudio Precedence | 1.5 | Move Out Of Flatland. Take Precedence.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another little example when i use Precedence on 2 dry sounds (violin and cello). First dry, then the same with Precedence and Breeze 2 added (same settings just with different angles -30,+30).
Then i just added B2 on top of this layer. Not the most realistic example here but i like how i can space it but still put on top a big B2 space (O.k. not so big here for B2) without it getting too muddy or washy and i still hear how they are spaced within the space....spaceception :)
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... -breeze-b2

Andrew Souter wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:12 am
nah, i'm just not completely perfect it seems. My finance could have told you that... :D
Your finances or your fiancée? :hihi:

Surprise, surprise :lol: - who is?

Being able to admit and correct mistakes is already a big step towards it though, so kudos for being so prompt on that here!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:26 am
nah, i'm just not completely perfect it seems. My finance could have told you that... :D
Your finances or your fiancée? :hihi:
The later of course. As an American, I'm just simply not advanced enough to know how to use accents/articles/diacritics/umlouts etc. I can barely type. :wink:
jens wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:26 am Surprise, surprise :lol: - who is?
This lovely lady of course:

https://www.galbanum.com/music/theideaofyou

who is also the mother of our 2.5 year old son. :D

A real beauty she is for sure! But I'm a bit undecided whether I should pity you or envy you for considering your better half perfect. :lol: :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

B.t.w.: two and a half years, is it too late for saying congrats?

The bad thing about developers with family is, they spend too much time with them instead of writing code.....
of course not. In reality i think a happy developer is a good developer :)

jens wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 am A real beauty she is for sure!
thanks.! Her heart and soul are even more of a treasure. I'm a lucky guy! I didn't come to Romania for the highways/infrastructure. :D The ciobra is good too though, and the mountains are also beautiful! All-in-all it's a pretty cool place! The people are very kind and the country areas are pretty magical. It's a really interesting experience to go live in a foreign country for a while. Everyone should do it at least once if you have the chance. Maybe we'd all have less wars this way? :tu:

Cinebient wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:51 am The bad thing about developers with family is, they spend too much time with them instead of writing code.....

Kids and family - the importance of everything else completely pales in comparison. Seeing my son suddenly (okay, not so suddenly actually :cry:) appear in the hands of the midwife (I sat behind my partner and looked over her shoulder) has been the most wonderful, happy and amazing moment in my life - and each day since then I am thankful for this amazing gift and know that this is by far the best thing that ever happened to me.

Cinebient wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:51 am The bad thing about developers with family is, they spend too much time with them instead of writing code.....
...well, in contrast to all my previous American romantic interests, she let's me be me. I still work often until 6am (or 10am, or 4pm or whatever and whenever, pick your 16hrs per day during the middle/end of a development cycle) often, don't worry. :D

Denis also has a wonderful wife. We are both family guys. Family is important. :tu:

That said, we are thinking of going to Budapest for a day or two as it looks cool for Christmas time (minus the current protests):

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/ ... index.html
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Souter wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:01 pm
jens wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 am A real beauty she is for sure!
thanks.! Her heart and soul are even more of a treasure. I'm a lucky guy! I didn't come to Romania for the highways/infrastructure. :D The ciobra is good too though, and the mountains are also beautiful! All-in-all it's a pretty cool place! The people are very kind and the country areas are pretty magical. It's a really interesting experience to go live in a foreign country for a while. Everyone should do it at least once if you have the chance. Maybe we'd all have less wars this way? :tu:
So you live in Romania now? I must admit I have never been there but I certainly don't doubt in the slightest that it's a very beautyful country and culture.

B.t.w.: I just listened to "Still Raining There" and the missus remarked "that's very beautyful".

oh thanks. :tu:

The funny thing is that first piano album is mostly inspired by romantic love and loss, and the loss aspect was most acutely experienced by me when I lost my first fiancé via misunderstanding about the nature and necessity of working extreme hours to accomplish goals. (Aether 1.5x and Breeze 1.0 at the time.)

...but by this very experience, I made some art/music and met Loredana in the process, and together we made Marcus. :D Life is funny sometimes.

and my thesis is, as a software product developer who makes products for musicians, it is important to practice the craft of making music as often as possible also! Otherwise it is easy to get out of touch with the needs of the target market! Fortunately, I started as a musician/sound-designer, not a coder, so I can always return to that when needed/wanted, either for my own emotional sanity, or for an exercise in trying to improve our products etc. :tu: I said it more eloquently here: https://www.galbanum.com/support/faq/

I hope to do a third piano album soon actually. :tu:

Andrew Souter wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:49 pm oh thanks. :tu:

The funny thing is that first piano album is mostly inspired by romantic love and loss, and the loss aspect was most acutely experienced by me when I lost my first fiancé via misunderstanding about the nature and necessity of working extreme hours to accomplish goals. (Aether 1.5x and Breeze 1.0 at the time.)

...but by this very experience, I made some art/music and met Loredana in the process, and together we made Marcus. :D Life is funny sometimes.

and my thesis is, as a software product developer who makes products for musicians, it is important to practice the craft of making music as often as possible also! Otherwise it is easy to get out of touch with the needs of the target market! Fortunately, I started as a musician/sound-designer, not a coder, so I can always return to that when needed/wanted, either for my own emotional sanity, or for an exercise in trying to improve our products etc. :tu: I said it more eloquently here: https://www.galbanum.com/support/faq/

I hope to do a third piano album soon actually. :tu:
Thanks for sharing your background and inspiration! I recently discovered that Michael Carnes (Lexicon/Exponential Audio) started off in classical composition before getting bitten by the reverb development/DSP bug. This musicality is certainly an asset for creating great-sounding plugins.

Andrew Souter - I haven't read this whole thread, but am trying the Precedence demo. I already have a couple reverbs with spatialization features (Breverb 2 and EAReverb2, the latter of which can show the positioning of other instances but only allows editing the currently viewed instance). In a nutshell what is the benefit of Precedence + Breeze or other 2C 'verbs over these other products? Thanks!

Winstontaneous wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:45 pm Thanks for sharing your background and inspiration! I recently discovered that Michael Carnes (Lexicon/Exponential Audio) started off in classical composition before getting bitten by the reverb development/DSP bug. This musicality is certainly an asset for creating great-sounding plugins.
That's cool. :tu: I did not know that. Yes, for sure it helps to have a musical background. One has to have a certain level of obsessiveness and masochism to want to create audio software for a living. It helps to be completely addicted to music to start. If you see the end goal easily, which may often seem rather irrational to an outsider, it helps you ignore the massive amounts of effort you have to exert to get there. :wink:
Winstontaneous wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:45 pm Andrew Souter - I haven't read this whole thread, but am trying the Precedence demo. I already have a couple reverbs with spatialization features (Breverb 2 and EAReverb2, the latter of which can show the positioning of other instances but only allows editing the currently viewed instance). In a nutshell what is the benefit of Precedence + Breeze or other 2C 'verbs over these other products? Thanks!
Well, I am not familiar with these two, in that I have never used them, so I can't quite comment. Glancing quickly at the Breverb 2 GUI it looks like the thing that looks similar to a position display might just set two delays in ms like is possible with Lx480 with a less fancy GUI? That would be rather different than Precedence. I haven't tried either so I can't really comment, and I also try not to comment about other products whenever possible as it's just good manners. Maybe someone else has experience?

I try to explain the benefits of our method as I see them here:

https://2caudio.com/products/precedence ... lEvolution
https://2caudio.com/products/precedence#_GettingDeep

Not sure if it‘s just placebo (i‘m sure it‘s not) but now i have to add a Precedence (and Breeze) to all tracks i use. If i remove it there is something lacking which i never thought about before (and it doesn‘t matter if it‘s a synth or acoustic instrument or whatever).
So is this a start of a Precedence addiction? :)

Return to “Effects”