2CAudio Precedence | 1.5 | Move Out Of Flatland. Take Precedence.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

? is it?

What if you have 'Everything' bundle?

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:59 pm
jens wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:41 pmCan someone perhaps break down in a sentence or two what this actually thing does?
It uses psychoacoustics to place sounds within a virtual space.
Ah - thanks for that! That sounds very interesting!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Andrew Souter wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:00 pm yes, we would love to start doing videos.
while that sounds great, my comment was profoundly tongue in cheek. I take it you haven't ever watched any of Chris' videos? :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Andrew Souter wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:02 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:59 pm
jens wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:41 pmCan someone perhaps break down in a sentence or two what this actually thing does?
It uses psychoacoustics to place sounds within a virtual space.
damn, you're good! we need to hire you and save me from writing novels. :D

very good summary. :tu:
I was going to write that it uses black magic to give you an x/y/z pan knob.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:02 pm ? is it?

What if you have 'Everything' bundle?
if the the web store gods smile favorably upon me, the voucher mentioned above should work for Everything also. i.e. $49.95

(praying there are no voucher issues this time around :pray: :pray: )

jens wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:12 pm
while that sounds great, my comment was profoundly tongue in cheek. I take it you haven't ever watched any of Chris' videos? :hihi:
no. they are funny? I could use humor after a 23 hour day. but prob sleep is better. leaving now for a while for real.

Depends on your own humour, I guess...

This really seems to be an amazing plugin - after Contemporary Colour the second game changer of the year, I guess.

But is the demo-version really restricted to one instance? Why on earth? How am I supposed to test how a) the performance is if I put it on every channel and b) how well it works to spread several different instruments across that virtual space?

Last edited by Musical Gym on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interesting addition. The 3.5upgrade offer and I forgot I had loyalty voucers from previous years purchases, $26. Got to add it to the "2CA CollectioN" as a no brainer...thanks Andy.

So do you insert it before or after the reverb?

One of the most annoying limitations of the usual tools for this only work properly if set specifically for either headphone or speaker listening. Does Precedence over-come this and work equally as well with both headphones and speakers? I didn't see anything on the project page about this and maybe misse it. :phones:

Also is the P-Link the chain button under PD Adjust? - some tooltips of proper labels would help

Ah another 2CAudio plugin and not a 2C-Audio plugin. Would really appreciate Maschine user friendly naming with Breeze2 and Precedence please :tu:

Moving the position cursor (addum in fact any parameter adjustment) really plays havoc with crackle through the speakers :( Will sub a ticket.

Oh my god the Full Chorus is beautiful using some Alchemy Strings. Defintately some love with the depth and richness here :hyper:

jens wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:33 pm This really seems to be an amazing plugin - after Contemporary Colour the second game changer of the year, I guess.
Thanks! :tu:
jens wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:33 pm But is the demo-version really restricted to one instance? Why on earth? How am I supposed to test how a) the performance is if I put it on every channel and b) how well it works to spread several different instruments across that virtual space?
This is how all our demos work. I think it has something to do with the fact that we don't save/publish Plug-in state in the demo version, so there is no preset recall etc. It's how our SDK framework works. SDK topics are above my pay-grade.

CPU usage is less than Breeze 2. It is very low. It is variable also depending on exact Distance and Angle setting and uses only what it needs to. Larger distance and larger abs(Angle) (father from 0.0deg) use more CPU. Turning off mod also reduces CPU, but generally mod is a very cool part of the plug and you want to keep it on.

The absolute worst case CPU-usage is roughly equal to a standard Breeze 2 preset. The best is about 1/3 of Breeze 2. Breeze 2 is about the fastest reverb on the market as a reference.

If there is no input signal, processing is almost exactly zero. On audio tracks, on instruments, on live inputs, on anything. If you load 100 instances in a large session it is highly unlikely all 100 of your tracks are going to be playing at all times. Processing will happen only on those that are currently active.

Basically CPU usage is a complete non-issue. It is very low. On recent 8-core CPU you can likely run >1000 realtime if you like. All active at the same time -- which would basically never happen in real projects even if you had 1000 tracks.

it's a very low CPU product.
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:32 pm So do you insert it before or after the reverb?
A good little pneumonic:

PREcedence

(although I like to think pronunciation sounds more like "preh-ceh-dense" than "prEE-cEED-ance" but I'm American, and I think maybe the Brits say the second?)
This is what Precedence achieves for you. Precedence precedes all of your other spatial tools. Precedence comes first in your spatial processing chain. Precedence will impeccably position your source sound laterally left-to-right controlling its azimuth angle using techniques that will work perfectly with all reverbs that follow it without creating unwanted side effects. Precedence will also pre-condition the direct sound to give it an instant sense of audio source width and spatial impression, similar to what early reflections are typically used for and will do so in a variable manner that embeds distance cues into the direct sound itself.
Of course this is the "proper" way to use it for realistic positioning goals. Using it after other spatial tools such as reverb, delay, etc, is not "correct" per-say, but sometimes "wrong" is cool for creative FX. For things like synths that are not particularly natural to begin with, there are less rules.
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:55 pm Also is the P-Link the chain button under PD Adjust? - some tooltips of proper labels would help
Yup. Link icon (like a "chain link") (like in Aether), next to the word "Link" is P-Link.
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”