Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

yeah, it's still doing it. I can circumvent the midi action by using plogue bidule and it works then, but if i just load it into a reaper track and touch the mod wheel it crashes and i don't even need audio going through it. could be one of the hidden bazillion settings that no one understands in reaper i guess. not sure where to look for that. guess I'll have to play with it more later or hope for another update.

Sorry to hear that! That's really bizarre. None of the parameters/macros are hardwired to specific CCs... the mod wheel definitely shouldn't be interacting with BYOME. I'll take a look at the MIDI callback and see if anything suspicious jumps out. Any chance that you could email us a bare REAPER project with just the bare minimum required to crash?

yeah, let me play a round with it a little more today but, i can certainly do that. can't believe i'm the only one. nobody else is having reaper issues? that would indicate that it's something i'm missing. none of your other plugs act this way and none of any of my other plugs act this way so kind of weird.

as far as the new beta is concerned, i just extract the vst3 and replace it in my vst3 folder right?

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:25 am as far as the new beta is concerned, i just extract the vst3 and replace it in my vst3 folder right?
Correct
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

i'll play around with it some more this morning (after coffee) but it's really weird that it's the only plug that does this. i'll try reinstalling and such before i go off the hinges here. is a "runtime error" a clue? hhhmmmm....

here we go.

definitely something strange. How do I uninstall this app? because I can't find it in the start menu and I can't find it listed in the apps under settings? I've done searches of both. I see dent and indent, but not byome, and not specops either. not under "plugin", "Unfiltered", or searched by name. is this because I'm using the vst3?

I think I'm going to rip out the appdata/roaming the hard way and do a registry clean, then reinstall.

:? i reinstalled reaper, byome, and specops, and installed the vst2 versions. three things.

1: windows still doesn't list byome or specops in the start menu or apps settings and i can't uninstall.

2: the VST2 FUNCTIONS NORMALLY. doesn't drop, but the VST3 still violently drops.

3: in the vst2 version of byome, the mod wheel does NOT move the macro in the plugin (not hardwired), but in the vst3 version the mod wheel moves the macro and everything crashes (hardwired).

also, all i have to do is load a new instrument on a new track in a new reaper project and play with the mod wheel. if you still want me to send a project i can, but it's a simple set up with nothing special going on.

Great, thanks for the details. I'm going to investigate JUCE's VST3 wrapper and see if there's any unwanted mod wheel interaction created without our knowing.

I'll let the PA team know about the uninstallers missing. It sounds like they missed that when creating the new NKS-compatible installers, as SpecOps was the first one with that.

thelizard>>we would also need some more factory presets towards SYNTHS in updated version, something like sidechains effects hope you know what i mean...

i'm the one that wrote plugin A support begging for a side chain on specops. don't know if that actually gets past on to you but, not all plugins need such a thing, these plugins really, really, really beg for a sidechain please! seems like you could add a sidechain wheel to the mod section. just had to mention that while i had you. imagine specops with a sidechain!

deejay2 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:32 am thelizard>>we would also need some more factory presets towards SYNTHS in updated version, something like sidechains effects hope you know what i mean...
Maybe this way deejay2 will stop PMing me asking if he can "share" my 3rd party presets with him.
Pathetic....

Musicisbest wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:03 am
deejay2 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:32 am thelizard>>we would also need some more factory presets towards SYNTHS in updated version, something like sidechains effects hope you know what i mean...
Maybe this way deejay2 will stop PMing me asking if he can "share" my 3rd party presets with him.
Pathetic....
Ahhh, I thought it was just me getting private mails asking me to share the preset packs I have bought!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:07 am
Musicisbest wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:03 am
Pathetic....
Ahhh, I thought it was just me getting private mails asking me to share the preset packs I have bought!
Seems you both got off lightly :scared:

Return to “Effects”