Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Digivolt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:57 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:52 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:39 am I received a coupon to get it for $29. Yay!
April Fools, fools :D
Not funny to toy with our emotions on such a deal :evil:
The $69 deal is real, thats good enough!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:51 pm
Digivolt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:57 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:52 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:39 am I received a coupon to get it for $29. Yay!
April Fools, fools :D
Not funny to toy with our emotions on such a deal :evil:
The $69 deal is real, thats good enough!
Finally a sensible price for the plugin ;) When does the deal finish and how do I get a voucher :hyper: :tu: :help:

ON a serious note - their website and pop up advert of 6 free vouchers when trying to log on is frigging frustrating though.

I forgot my password for plugin alliance login ( mostly used for demos )
Asked for password reset , haven't received anything yet ..checked spam folder , nothing nada
Created a new account , nothing nada ...
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:59 pm I forgot my password for plugin alliance login ( mostly used for demos )
Asked for password reset , haven't received anything yet ..checked spam folder , nothing nada
Created a new account , nothing nada ...
Mine came through in about 10 mins.

Buts thats another annoyance. They appear to be the only website that doesn't allow special characters in their password 1) weak and 2)throws my password system of track so always resetting and the pop up logon closes as soon as you move your mouse of the login box, then the Free 6 plugins pops up...grrr

Damn just slammed 20% ontop of the $69 now $82....

All minor annoyances tbh - ive just moved countries via vpn hurrah - EU, Tusk can get their money via other means haha ;)
Last edited by MFXxx on Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

No luck here , tried everything
I already have 3 different emails , not gonna make another one
Seems like I have to let the byome deal pass by :cry:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

this BYOME looks promising...any free presets available from community or all paid?

how is Byome comparing to soundtoys which is much more expensive as BYOME is now 69usd.

any useable factory presets for synths, i mean pop, edm, dance, future house, tropic house music.

thx

Did anyone get their voucher yet from PA?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

deejay2 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:00 am this BYOME looks promising...any free presets available from community or all paid?

how is Byome comparing to soundtoys which is much more expensive as BYOME is now 69usd.

any useable factory presets for synths, i mean pop, edm, dance, future house, tropic house music.

thx
As a ex-soundtoys 5 owner I can maybe talk a little about the differences I noticed.

- Byome contains a lot of algorithms that sound unique, but are not "modelled" after any particular piece of hardware afaik. Soundtoys on the other hand often model their software after the characteristics of real hardware.

- Byome is very much a modular effect, meaning you can program the behaviour of how the various effects work together. With Soundtoys there is no modular modulation system, and you only really get whatever modulator that is built into the plugin. Often this is enough for most things, and if you want more complex stuff you can resort to DAW automation, but with Byome you get more complex results faster due to it's modulation system.

- Byome doesn't require a iLok which may or may not be a plus. Soundtoys requires a iLok account and you can use your computer to authorize it or use an actual dongle.

- Soundtoys has a ton of "Character" or "attitude" depending on your view. Byome does as well, but it's just different and again it's because they aren't really modelled after classic hardware units. I think Soundtoys are great mixing tools for recording artists who are more used to working with hardware style workflows and want a "vintage" sound.

- Byome is great for electronic musicians who want a lot of CONTROL over exactly how each part of the effect works.
:borg:

Cheers for the info. Bought it yesterday and I'm really impressed with it,even just using the individual effects sound good. Can see me using this A LOT!

I think there could definitely be some better presets though, so many possibilities with this thing.

Also, No updates since release? The wires dont connect properly from the modules and the gui gets bigger when you re open it until its unusable in bitwig.

beater wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:18 am Cheers for the info. Bought it yesterday and I'm really impressed with it,even just using the individual effects sound good. Can see me using this A LOT!

I think there could definitely be some better presets though, so many possibilities with this thing.

Also, No updates since release? The wires dont connect properly from the modules and the gui gets bigger when you re open it until its unusable in bitwig.
Scroll back a few pages, thelizard posted quite stable beta versions with all kinds of stuff fixed which will get released officially soon.
Btw: There are some free downloadable presets among purchasable packs on their page.

https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/pages/preset-packs

Thanks. Yea, I tried the 1.01 beta but it crashes when I close the plugin, could be because I'm using bitwig 2.35 though. Will check the presets out. 👍🏻

beater wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:07 pm Thanks. Yea, I tried the 1.01 beta but it crashes when I close the plugin, could be because I'm using bitwig 2.35 though. Will check the presets out. 👍🏻
Thanks for the report! Does it crash when you close the interface or when you remove the plugin from a track?

It crashes when I close the interface. Will have a proper check when I get back home tomorrow. Could be the way bitwig handles plugins compared to other daws. 👍🏻

Edit- OK, using both 1.0 and 1.01 on my home pc in bitwig 2.35 and theres no problem with either. I was using my laptop yesterday with asio4all, so maybe that was the problem. Thanks for keeping a close eye on reported bugs though!

BYOME for $49 now with PA-MEGA-20-OFF on top of the sale. Dayummmmmm.

yehboy1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:20 pm BYOME for $49 now with PA-MEGA-20-OFF on top of the sale. Dayummmmmm.
Yeah, + 20-30 % VAT.
PA announced the send of monthly vouchers, after the megasale is over.

Return to “Effects”