Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

I think they mentioned a few pages ago, that the hidpi stuff is fixed. (1.01) but they still work on other issues until it's released.

Yeah most likely, I actually contacted PA to ask about it but they don't give any info about upcoming release dates :? Just a shame as I really hoped to have at least a first bugfix update that fixes the crashes with the PA-All Update. Anyways let see, I'm sure the wait will be worth it :tu:

Symetry wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:49 am Yeah most likely, I actually contacted PA to ask about it but they don't give any info about upcoming release dates :? Just a shame as I really hoped to have at least a first bugfix update that fixes the crashes with the PA-All Update. Anyways let see, I'm sure the wait will be worth it :tu:
I wouldn't worry, they seem to be very good with bugfixes.

FYI- This was my responce to the cable/HiDpi bug:

'This is a known issue that we have reported to the developers at Unfiltered Audio. The current workaround for this is to not use high DPI scaling or to resize to GUI to a larger scaling'
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yeah, HiDPI stuff has been a major issue not only for us, but for JUCE in general. We've updated our internal version of JUCE that seems to fix the HiDPI stuff, but it ended up causing a number of other more major crash issues. We believe we have all of the crashes sorted, but we still have a lot of QA to do with such a massive JUCE change. I apologize for the delay. We are definitely working on addressing all of this.

thelizard wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:35 pm Yeah, HiDPI stuff has been a major issue not only for us, but for JUCE in general. We've updated our internal version of JUCE that seems to fix the HiDPI stuff, but it ended up causing a number of other more major crash issues. We believe we have all of the crashes sorted, but we still have a lot of QA to do with such a massive JUCE change. I apologize for the delay. We are definitely working on addressing all of this.
Thanks- I didn't have a crash, I just couldn't drag and drop cables in BWS port S1 with Windows scaling on! Very weird, works fine in DAWS hat don't use/adopt windows scaling.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

thelizard wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:35 pm Yeah, HiDPI stuff has been a major issue not only for us, but for JUCE in general. We've updated our internal version of JUCE that seems to fix the HiDPI stuff, but it ended up causing a number of other more major crash issues. We believe we have all of the crashes sorted, but we still have a lot of QA to do with such a massive JUCE change. I apologize for the delay. We are definitely working on addressing all of this.
Thank you for the Update Michael! :phones: Can you also say if these two issue are on your radar, will be fixed with the next release?
- Direct Offline Processing with Byome broken in Nuendo/Cubase (works with all other UA plugins)
- Sidechain Setting of Input Follower Modulator not recalled on Session Reload (shows correct UI but functions as direct Input instead)

Admittedly, I have not read the whole thread (I´ll take a week off for that soon :hihi:), but my main issue with the Byome GUI is that when I enlarge its window, the individual modules become larger proportionally. I´d very much like to have an option to enlarge the frame and see more of the individual modules at once (plus, is there an option to "fold in" only individual modules which I may want to set up once and them leave them be while still wanting to see other modules in their whole glory?). Is there any chance that might happen some time soon?

epiphaneia wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:42 pm
Admittedly, I have not read the whole thread (I´ll take a week off for that soon :hihi:), but my main issue with the Byome GUI is that when I enlarge its window, the individual modules become larger proportionally. I´d very much like to have an option to enlarge the frame and see more of the individual modules at once (plus, is there an option to "fold in" only individual modules which I may want to set up once and them leave them be while still wanting to see other modules in their whole glory?). Is there any chance that might happen some time soon?
We've had a lot of requests for widening the viewport. No promises yet, as it will take a ton of work, but it's on our radar after these bug fixes.

To "fold in" a module, just double-click the module's header. This will give you a minimized view of that module.

thelizard wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:51 pm To "fold in" a module, just double-click the module's header. This will give you a minimized view of that module.
Doh! :dog: Thanks :tu:

epiphaneia wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:56 pm
thelizard wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:51 pm To "fold in" a module, just double-click the module's header. This will give you a minimized view of that module.
Doh! :dog: Thanks :tu:
Sometime reading the manual is helpful. :)

How does everyone find the saturation/distortion in byome compared to dent 2 and indent 2? I see all are on sale right now and initially wanted to just pick up byome but now i'm curious :phones:

Nleif wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:35 am How does everyone find the saturation/distortion in byome compared to dent 2 and indent 2? I see all are on sale right now and initially wanted to just pick up byome but now i'm curious :phones:
It's apparently the same algorithms. We discussed that earlier, the only difference is the different workflow in dent/indent.

Jumped on the Byome bandwagon today with the surprise voucher :) I woudnt mind an advanced version with more than one lane of fx. Mid/side mode or multiband mode. Dont know if this exists yet but a compressor gain reduction modulator (that doesnt actually modify the audio but gives mod output like how a compressor does gain reduction) is the env follower enough to do this properly?

With the new Year around the Corner, any news when the Bugfix Update will be released?

Return to “Effects”