Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... -submarine

Here is a couple instances of BYOME with "Pro Studio Rack" presets.

Some live tweaking, it evolves into......BYOME soundscapes.

"I love the smell of BYOME in the morning...."

bmanic wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 pm. At the very list let us have many more macro controls. 8 is nowhere near enough. 32 would be the absolute minimum if you can't give us the rest of the modules parameters.
whut he said.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I like the way Fathom handles the problem of having too many possible parameters by allowing you to select which ones you want to expose to the host for automation. Perhaps something similar to that would be a better option than having more macros.

How do you remove the automation connects from lfos?

PieBerger wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:21 am Are UA more likely to respond to the relatively lazy, often brazen criticism on a forum or a well thought out and implemented, some might say musical, e-mail explaining why you haven't bought it due to it's shortcomings?
Perhaps they are indeed - but why should I give more of a damn than they might do themselves?

Besides: you see, I quite enjoy forum-banter - that's why I am here. I do NOT at all enjoy the tedious task of writing support e-mails.

It also seems you quite underestimate the extent of my laziness - I was even too lazy to even demo SpecOps before purchasing it (something I kind of regret in hindsight, given that I am only interested in plugins which are musical tools :hihi:).
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

acousticglue wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:07 pm How do you remove the automation connects from lfos?
Grab the thick end of the cable (but not the part over the hole) and drag it away to disconnect.

Thank you

Byome is just great. Of course i'd welcome more macro controls. Also M/S would be nice. And a possibilty to increase screen space to the right would help a lot navigating bigger patchs.

But all in all it's the best multi effect I ever used. It just sparks creativity, and each time it's a different outcome. Thumps up UA, you made it!

:love: :love: More macro is all we need ! (16 X mini) :love: :love:

THIS PLUGIN IS DOPE !
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

dermage wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:25 pmAnd a possibilty to increase screen space to the right would help a lot navigating bigger patchs.
I guess you just answered my question. While I appreciate the ability to resize the interface, after a certain point what I really want is more space to see more effects/modulators without niggly scrolling. I think this plugin needs a better UI solution here.

One option would be to put a "mini-map" above the effects section that would let you click a mini-version of the effect to scroll the effects session to that effect. Probably there are better approaches…

I appreciate you can use the "arrow" button to "compress" the different modules but I prefer to be able to see what the parameters are called. At least while I am learning the thing.

m/
Last edited by sandbags on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meant to edit, not quote myself. Don't see a way to delete my own posts, if there is one please tell me.

Totally agree with the sentiments above regarding more width. This new GUI design is so much more accessible than the older UA plugs but this limitation is a bit frustrating.

Anyone have a problem where comment boxes only show up in a split second and then disappear? I have this with all UA plugins, but I get same problem with Parawave RAPID vst so it’s not unique to UA

andrewbrewer wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:09 pm Anyone have a problem where comment boxes only show up in a split second and then disappear? I have this with all UA plugins, but I get same problem with Parawave RAPID vst so it’s not unique to UA
If you're using Windows, I found the problem disappeared when I switched from best performance to best appearance in settings (was having same issue in Europa).

I think someone who also had that problem solved it by switching Aero on in Windows (you should have that on anyway).

Return to “Effects”