Analog Obsession announcement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Time to forgive and forget, and move forward. I hope to see a change for the better. I would love to see a collaboration with someone like Cut Through Recordings.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

AnalogObsession wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:35 pm I'm trying resize functions could be great, yes. Little bit hard but i will try...
Maybe I remember wrongly, but aren't you using a plugin framework, wdl/iPlug?
If so, you may have a look at IPlug - Youlean, it has resize option built in and it's quite easy to do I find.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=189266

Can't understand the sense of entitlement among clients here. Tunca you owe nothing. Plugins are there to buy if you like. Period. Software comes with the definitive Caveat Emptor premise so there.

I for one really liked your Rollamp plugin. I'd be happy to see what develops. Your sound isn't so typical, I think.

Best of luck... and waiting :)

I don't think the issue has been one of entitlement here, rather it has been one about trust and wanting the dev to respect his customers by being honest, which he has since done. Compared to some of the attacks on other devs i've seen who've behaved questionably i would say the consensus here has been largely everyone wanting to give him another chance.

Sure there will be some that remain skeptical but i think most here are happy now and looking to the future. Anyway...

FAO Tunca

Now I'm probably not a potential customer, i have way too many plugins already, but if i may offer my own input here, i think the pricing policy needs to be reconsidered some more. $29 is certainly a good top end limit for this sort of gear from a relative unknown company but it may be the case that even lower prices will generate considerably more sales, perhaps it's worth sticking a couple of plugs out at no-brainer prices like $10 to see how they sell, at the very least you may get some new customers that will come back and buy the higher priced stuff.

I'm sure a donation to the Call To Arms charity would be well received too.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=512242

Debutante wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:54 am Can't understand the sense of entitlement among clients here.
Let me see if I understand you. You're saying that if someone buys a plugin and it's buggy and the bugs don't get fixed and the dev tries to sell off his company, that's a sense of entitlement because, well, caveat emptor and all that :?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:31 am
Debutante wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:54 am Can't understand the sense of entitlement among clients here.
Let me see if I understand you. You're saying that if someone buys a plugin and it's buggy and the bugs don't get fixed and the dev tries to sell off his company, that's a sense of entitlement because, well, caveat emptor and all that :?
I think you found the "yes-man".
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Buster v4 – diamond coming soon!
"Buy now Legacy version and get Diamond version update for free!"
Wrong tactics.
The proof is in the pudding, people are gonna wait for a demo.
The "buy now" just adds to what's wrong, promises mean nothing.
I wish you the best, but, in all fairness, people want a bullet proof product for their money, and resolution for their previous purchases.

The Noodlist wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:31 pm Buster v4 – diamond coming soon!
Wrong tactics.
I wish you the best, but, in all fairness, people want a bullet proof product for their money, and resolution for their previous purchases.
"forgive and forget" not working? how shocking....

I do hope you nail this buster v4, buster v1 and v2 were good, v3 messed things up. I got live 10 and use the glue instead as it's all round nicer to use, buster certainly has something though.

Please update TREQ as well, that is a nice eq, it really just needs an output but if you can improve it and keep the cpu the same or lower that would be great.

Take the advice given here, fewer but functional products that are supported is the way to go, all the best!

The Noodlist wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:31 pm Buster v4 – diamond coming soon!
Wrong tactics.
Thanks for your thoughts.

It's like pre-order.

I can guarantee Buster v4 is best and lastest version of Buster series.

Thanks.
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

I love the sound of these products, keep it up
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:58 am I love the sound of these products, keep it up
Thanks!
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

cfanyc wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:40 am "forgive and forget" not working? how shocking....
Meh....
Well, the hating. Can't he have a second chance?
The reality is.
Even if it was an established company, with a solid reputation, most people would wait for a demo.
Yes, people will be wary, why buy in the first place if the demo didn't satisfy one's expectations? Beats me.

cprompt wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:31 am
That is EXACTLY what I'm saying. I'm not saying you can't feel bad about it, but tough nuts. Don't spend on unfinished business. Who buys a buggy plugin?!? That someone is trying to SELL you a buggy plugin should register something.

Software is way more cruel cause a bad vendor need not reply and that's it. AO here is trying to make amends and by the look of things wants to put some welly into it. Fine. Make it so. In the meantime others might want to look elsewhere for a stress ball IMO

Analog Obsession is forgiven. He now sees the value in honesty and integrity due to the public embarassment. He wants to prove himself to you, and he has many things on his plate. He attachs greatly to the opinion of others, so please give him support and confidence, and his products will reflect it. Give him some time now and watch for a superior new product.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Return to “Effects”