Analog Obsession announcement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnalogObsession wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:23 pm OK!

It was me!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great! As far as I'm concerned, that's water under the bridge.

So, let's talk about Analog Obsession.

1- Start listening to your customers and addressing their concerns as efficiently as possible. The customer is always right.

2- Stop being so stubborn, accept that you're still learning about plugin programming and behave accordingly.

3- Fix your current plugins before launching new ones.

4- Fix your pricing. Although some of your plugins sound good, they're still amateurish. There are many small developers which are many years ahead of you charging less for their plugins. So, don't be greedy. At their current state, none of your plugins are worth more than U$29,99.

5- That's all for now.
Last edited by RafaelMorgan on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rabbit in a hole

It was me!

I wanted to start from scratch with my friend without my bad image.

But now i know it was f**king bad move.

So this is my last word about this.

Let's focus on Analog Obsession's future.

Again sorry...
Time to prove your doubters wrong.
What about taking someone else onboard to help with the load? Someone with experience and knowledge in these things.
Being straight from the start might be a good idea, everyone makes mistakes.
Good luck, go for it.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

RafaelMorgan wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:36 pm
5- That's all for now.
6. Stop lying.

Back when AO started I got really interested and just took them at face value. I made a list of the products I wanted and I sort of sat on it waiting for a sale. I also put a WTB in the marketplace for any. I didn't pay much attention to jumping on board as a customer as I have so many other great analogue modelled products. Then, all this began to unravel.

Now, as a prospective customer, I am not all that intrested. I will have to see how it goes. I will need demos and I will be scrutinize in detail, if I have the time. The prices have to be right and there has to be a reasonable license transfer policy. And of course the products have to be 100% amazing.

But then, there will still be this lying in the back of my mind. So I can guarantee I am going to care anymore or want to get involved in what might end up in another soap opera. I just want to make music, not deal with other people's issues. :phones:

If these three clowns can keep a company going for 20 years by lying, being rude, breaking promises, not fixing bugs (some for decades) and starting other software ventures at the cost of their existing customer base, then anyone can do it.

This must be one of the most surrealistic threads in KVR of all time...

cfanyc wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:25 pm This must be one of the most surrealistic threads in KVR of all time...
Just wait a little bit until Tunca says that he had listened to all our criticism, that he's truly sorry for everything and, for these reasons, he's now announcing his new Vibranium plugin series for the special introduction price of U$299,99 a piece!

learnkeys wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:09 pm Image

If these three clowns can keep a company going for 20 years by lying, being rude, breaking promises, not fixing bugs (some for decades) and starting other software ventures at the cost of their existing customer base, then anyone can do it.
What does Image Line has to do with all of this? FL studio is becoming one of the most versatile DAW if not the most versatile, yes you might find bugs and stuff, but to say that they haven't done many things right is utterly wrong, they are listening to their costumers.

A couple of years ago, I got fl studio and is by far one of the best investment I have done in my life, for me is stable, and despite that might have some issues (issues that they fix as soon is reported to them) is still an awesome software.

Actually, you're the rude and offensive here.

JunSev wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:48 pm
What does Image Line has to do with all of this? FL studio is becoming one of the most versatile DAW if not the most versatile, yes you might find bugs and stuff, but to say that they haven't done many things right is utterly wrong, they are listening to their costumers.

A couple of years ago, I got fl studio and is by far one of the best investment I have done in my life, for me is stable, and despite that might have some issues (issues that they fix as soon is reported to them) is still an awesome software.

I'm also going to predict you haven't had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with gol.

I know it's hard for you to keep your fanboi'ism hidden, because you aren't speaking from experience.

learnkeys wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:02 pm
JunSev wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm also going to predict you haven't had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with gol.

I know it's hard for you to keep your fanboi'ism hidden, because you aren't speaking from experience.
Whatever your experience is, is not reason to attack the entire team or company, I'm not a fan boy, I'm talking facts...

It was me!
Again sorry...
Bravo :clap:

Apology accepted. It takes a big man to confess. I wish you all the success going forward.... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

cfanyc wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:25 pm This must be one of the most surrealistic threads in KVR of all time...
Yeah, it's kinda going in the direction of Reason Lahalla faking his own death here a few years ago, bringing down the DNR Collaborative company, and then saying that due to his Multiple Personality Disorder, the death announcement was actually true. :party:

The best thing you can do now is make sure that AO releases are up to professional grade. Thoroughly beta tested to weed out the bugs. If people see the same cramping, meters that aren't functioning properly, aliasing, etc then the AO 2.0 reboot will be considered a joke. At this point we need to be wowed. Don't release Buster V4 until you feel it's the absolute best you can do and and it will stand up competitively to other current offerings. If you can do all that and maintain it, you will win people back. There's a lot of us rooting for you. Good luck!
Last edited by jbarish on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK Tunca. I'd definitely be interested in an optimized Harqules for starters (when I demoed it it was way too CPU hungry). Hope you can get at least an experienced dev on board who can optimize the code generated by Spice. Good luck!

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:34 pm

It was me!
Again sorry...
Bravo :clap:

Apology accepted. It takes a big man to confess.
he didn't have much choice really :hihi:

i think they sussed him out at GS in Feb :wink:

Return to “Effects”