Eventide SP2016 Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This sounds really warm on VA synths!
The good thing it's great sounding out of the box, not much tweaking/knowledge needed.
I'm buying ;)

Okay I finally got the demo working and have been spending the last 2 days putting this on everything and this thing is fuccin ridiculous. Like this makes everything sound incredible. This reverb, Halftime, and Backmask are like the cheat code to make everything sound amazing.

Let me elaborate it's not just how good sounding the reverb is because it's incredibly lush and dynamic. But this reverb has a way of putting instruments in space allowing a mix to flesh out. And it does this while using less CPU then Halftime does. In fact i have 5 instances going and yet one instance of AIRs Vacuum Pro is drawing more cpu. smh.

After Oct 31st, what will the full price be?

$249.

e@rs wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:53 pm$249.
Ok thanks. :)

jens wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:26 pm ah, thanks - found them - if anyone else is interested:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/legacy/sp2016
Price: $9,495!

One of the spec pages also mentions reverbration time: "0 secs. to hours"

I'm guessing the plugin does not allow for a duration quite that long but it would be interesting to see just how long it can go. Using other reverbs, I've gotten some really cool effects in combination with cascading and also ultra long tails.

Sequent wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:40 am
jens wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:26 pm ah, thanks - found them - if anyone else is interested:

I'm guessing the plugin does not allow for a duration quite that long but it would be interesting to see just how long it can go. Using other reverbs, I've gotten some really cool effects in combination with cascading and also ultra long tails.
You probably know this already, but the Decay slider can be set from 200 ms to 100 seconds.

Examigan wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:00 pm

You probably know this already, but the Decay slider can be set from 200 ms to 100 seconds.
Thank you! No, I have not had a chance to check it out. 100 seconds is more than plenty of time to experiment with. But not hours! :tu:

Examigan wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:39 pm After Oct 31st, what will the full price be?
FYI the sale got extended through November 5th. After that it's $249.
Plug-in Developer at Eventide

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Sequent wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:49 pm

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/legacy/sp2016 (https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/legacy/sp2016)

Thank you! No, I have not had a chance to check it out. 100 seconds is more than plenty of time to experiment with. But not hours! :tu:
Well, technically, you can make an individual SP2016 Reverb go for hours if you boost the bass with long reverb times (~20+ seconds depending on level of bass boost). :wink: It's something that the original box does, too. When it's sustaining like that, you can steer the feedback with the diffusion knobs and EQ. Position will change what you hear, but won't alter the feedback internally. Cascading them will extend the RT time (it's more or less the sum of the reverb times). These are special effects uses, but they were fun to stumble on in implementing the algorithm.

Regarding the other algorithms, the SP2016 was really ahead of its time and laid the groundwork for future algorithms. For example, UltraTap is descended from the SP2016's Multitap Delay algorithm, and H3000 Band Delay & H9 Band Delay are descended from the SP2016's Band Delay. If you are curious about the other algorithms (e.g., TimeScramble), those are described in detail in the SP2016 Manual.

When Eventide releases anything you can be rest assured it's the s***

In the "champion" there is 8 letters, not 4.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you! This is very good and helpful information to know! I can't wait to experiment this weekend with the SP2016.
pmcculloch wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:23 pm
Sequent wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:49 pm

Well, technically, you can make an individual SP2016 Reverb go for hours if you boost the bass with long reverb times (~20+ seconds depending on level of bass boost). :wink: It's something that the original box does, too. When it's sustaining like that, you can steer the feedback with the diffusion knobs and EQ. Position will change what you hear, but won't alter the feedback internally. Cascading them will extend the RT time (it's more or less the sum of the reverb times). These are special effects uses, but they were fun to stumble on in implementing the algorithm.

Regarding the other algorithms, the SP2016 was really ahead of its time and laid the groundwork for future algorithms. For example, UltraTap is descended from the SP2016's Multitap Delay algorithm, and H3000 Band Delay & H9 Band Delay are descended from the SP2016's Band Delay. If you are curious about the other algorithms (e.g., TimeScramble), those are described in detail in the SP2016 Manual.

for this price it not worth it
i like the room sound of it but
uvi plate can better room sound
also valhalla room
so nothing new

Return to “Effects”