Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

pekbro wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:03 pm Strange we haven't heard from Sean, haven't seen him post here in a while actually. Did one
of you delinquent KVR members piss him off or something? :smack:
They might have split up the public relations activities. :)

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... -50-a.html

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:28 pm
pekbro wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:03 pm Strange we haven't heard from Sean, haven't seen him post here in a while actually. Did one
of you delinquent KVR members piss him off or something? :smack:
They might have split up the public relations activities. :)

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... -50-a.html
Ahh ok thx, I didn't read the the GS thread yet. Cant say I blame him for choosing GS if thats
the case :hihi:

mixtur.se wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:43 pm A ducker would be nice
Second that.
Allso surpress input button would be nice too - so it's possible to delay only small portion of signal and then let it fade while blending with direct signal.
Last edited by david.beholder on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

(Resolved)
Last edited by ziggysane on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

One feature I’d like is a way to bypass the delay line input while still passing the dry signal. Even better if it was variable. This is important for sound on sound looping, which this plugin excels at. I can do it with a send, but it’s nice to have it in the plugin when used as an insert.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:49 am One feature I’d like is a way to bypass the delay line input while still passing the dry signal. Even better if it was variable. This is important for sound on sound looping, which this plugin excels at. I can do it with a send, but it’s nice to have it in the plugin when used as an insert.
I thought about that too, and I also thought "I'll just put it in a send" too :D

I really don't want a million features to be stuffed into this thing. It especially doesn't need to be a super-clean, no-character delay. It doesn't need ducking, or more EQ settings or a coffee machine or 64 individually timed taps or whatever else.

Leander wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 pm sorry, i meant from 120% on (Feedback), it stops all of a sudden !! :eek: :roll:
Be sure to try a ONE-SHOT sample !!
Someone has confirmed your bug on gearslutz , page 5 ( in wavelab )
It's best to send an email to colin
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... 0-a-4.html
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

foosnark wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:45 am I thought about that too, and I also thought "I'll just put it in a send" too :D
And then if one wants compress both dry and wet at the same it's not possible anymore.
Murderous duck!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:59 am
Leander wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 pm sorry, i meant from 120% on (Feedback), it stops all of a sudden !! :eek: :roll:
Untick this box:
Don Gunn
ValhallaDSP Support

Personal, subjective comments on the sound:

This plugin definitely sounds good, but I'm not seeing it being a head above the rest or anything. Especially if you're a Bitwig user, where you can custom make your very own feedback fx chain in its built-in delay plugins, ValhallaDelay doesn't really have anything to offer over that. Unless, of course, you don't own any other third party tape/saturation/pitch etc. effects to use in your custom chain.

The speed at which you can get good results is impressive. Other than that, it's just a very good, orthodox delay plugin, in an ocean of delay plugins.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:59 am
To Sean? (Mixed with Colin from Loomer?)

foosnark wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:45 am I really don't want a million features to be stuffed into this thing. It especially doesn't need to be a super-clean, no-character delay. It doesn't need ducking, or more EQ settings or a coffee machine or 64 individually timed taps or whatever else.
Well, I wouldn't say no to a coffee machine...

Steve1974 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 pm
Leander wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:46 pm Bug: Long "Feedback" (from 120%) suddenly stop after about 10 seconds in the BUY version. Can anybody confirm this?(Buy version)
I just checked your settings on version 1.0.1, then updated to 1.0.3v2.
The feedback works properly, without any sudden stopping.
(Windows 10, Reaper 5.974)

Bug: VST3-Version only !

Leander wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:44 pm Error/Bug : Long "Feedback" (120%) suddenly stop after about 10 seconds in the BUY version. Can anybody confirm this?(Buy version)
Can confirm this in Cubase, seems to be a problem depending on the VST3 auto disable feature. Don't use the VST3-Version of ValhallaDelay (my personal recommendation), disable this VST3-feature in Cubase/Wavelab/..., or, well, live with it. I would not classify this as bug, although, admittedly, it's an irritating behavior.

Just for information: u-he's Colour Copy (VST3) shows the same behavior. Melda delays do not.

One feature I would like to see - pretty small thing - being able to lock Feedback level by clicking on its label - as with the Mix control. It could be worth generalising this to all the controls. The idea being, to move around the various models with comparable settings so as to audition any or all with minimal tweaking of controls. The models are so interesting and this small tweak would be an aid to quick experiments.

This approach is used in the Kemper profiler - many of the controls are lockable with one button- so you can switch patches retaining whatever FX you want or whatever cab you have chosen for the amp.

Return to “Effects”