Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 am Yeah, we all get the style. I think the GUI will be most interesting to reveal the features. Or argue about the color. Maybe even a bit of both.
Unless he has implemented a custome color function... wishful thinking for me but one can hope :D

epiphaneia wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:54 pm
Kr3eM wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:46 pm
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:13 pm So, a baby seal walks into a club...
...and bouncer says:
Your name's not down, you're not coming in, not tonight, you're not on the list.
[insert picture of sad face baby seal here]
Listen mate, I told you once, I told you twice, you're not on the list, alright?
Now that was a great song... I suddenly feel sooo old :hihi:
weiiii, someone actually got the reference...was starting to think it was all for nothing :hihi:

kmonkey wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 pm
I don't think the GUI has ever been officially revealed, we saw a blurry corner of a GUI (a beta I'm sure) a few months back via Instagram, and while we all know a Valhalla Delay is coming, outside of a teaser video which didn't provide any details, nothing has been officially announced anywhere. As far as I know anyway (I'm not on Facebook either). Sean has engaged in some discussion about a hypothetical delay plugin, and has posted a few photos of many hardware delays, but again, no official confirmation that I know of.

So in short: there've been a few teasers but no official anything.
Thank you
From facebook:
Valhalla DSP
8 February 20:05

Progress continues on the next Valhalla plugin. Currently targeting Q1 2019 (i.e. the next few months).
Edit: a quarter consists of three months, so he should be talking about February and March, which is a couple of months, minus 10 days.

Kr3eM wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:35 pm
epiphaneia wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:54 pm
Kr3eM wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:46 pm
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:13 pm So, a baby seal walks into a club...
...and bouncer says:
Your name's not down, you're not coming in, not tonight, you're not on the list.
[insert picture of sad face baby seal here]
Listen mate, I told you once, I told you twice, you're not on the list, alright?
Now that was a great song... I suddenly feel sooo old :hihi:
weiiii, someone actually got the reference...was starting to think it was all for nothing :hihi:
Bit of a sad one really, there were much better rave tunes going around at the time. :) (Dons white gloves, whistle posse blow...)

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:00 pm Bit of a sad one really, there were much better rave tunes going around at the time. :) (Dons white gloves, whistle posse blow...)
No argument here.

perfumer wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:50 pm
kmonkey wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 pm
I don't think the GUI has ever been officially revealed, we saw a blurry corner of a GUI (a beta I'm sure) a few months back via Instagram, and while we all know a Valhalla Delay is coming, outside of a teaser video which didn't provide any details, nothing has been officially announced anywhere. As far as I know anyway (I'm not on Facebook either). Sean has engaged in some discussion about a hypothetical delay plugin, and has posted a few photos of many hardware delays, but again, no official confirmation that I know of.

So in short: there've been a few teasers but no official anything.
Thank you
From facebook:
Valhalla DSP
8 February 20:05

Progress continues on the next Valhalla plugin. Currently targeting Q1 2019 (i.e. the next few months).
Edit: a quarter consists of three months, so he should be talking about February and March, which is a couple of months, minus 10 days.
Cool thanks. That's very soon (for me).

perfumer wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:50 pm Edit: a quarter consists of three months, so he should be talking about February and March, which is a couple of months, minus 10 days.
Then it would shift to q2, like it's already shifted from q4 2018.
Murderous duck!

A delay delayed delayed delayed delayed delayed

Two instances in this little sketch I just played - track starts dry:

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -meets-two

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:34 am Two instances in this little sketch I just played
Can this plugin go from delay to reverb territory? Because I hear both..

Breach The Sky wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:57 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:34 am Two instances in this little sketch I just played
Can this plugin go from delay to reverb territory? Because I hear both..
Yes, it can.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interesting! Maybe Sean further developed/got some ideas from the chaotic algos in VVV, which is based on tape echoes if I remember correctly.

Some news on twitter. Seems to be 4-6 weeks until release and it will be called ValhallaDelay. Name might suggests that it's a delay with different modes instead of only tape delay.

Return to “Effects”