Puremagnetik Cloud Machine: spectral blur and space

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks!

Never seen that one mentioned anywhere in the forums. I don’t hear anything in the demo that couldn’t be done with Unfiltered Audio SpecOps or even the good ol’ Spectrumworx for the ones still using it, but still some people might find it useful and fun.

https://puremagnetik.com/collections/sp ... -and-space

''Cloud Machine is a spectral blurring and space utility. It creates sweeping clouds of resynthesized particles from any audio input. Use it in real time to turn your voice into a glacial canvas. Process drums, vocals and synthesizers to create shimmering, evolving textures.''

Cloud Machine Features
• Spectral blurring and resynthesis
• Spectral pitch shifting
• Dedicated, stereo reverb effect
• Integrates into any VST / Audio Units compatible host
• Includes a collection of factory presets

OSX & Windows

Thanks a lot, I love this kind of stuff ! Even if you can get the same stuff (or not ?) as Spectrumworx, this one seems to have buttons that get you there faster, I'll try it, it's cheap as hell !
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Oh my gosh good spot, finally a modern day equivalent (almost!) of this:

:tu: :D

Have fun and post what you guys think of Cloud Machine (I won't get it for now, as I already have alot of spectral tools covering that kind of grounds, but I'm curious!)

I can't get any of their plugins to show up in Studio One. I've followed their instructions about installing as admin and still get nothing. Really kind of lame, as the concept sounds cool.

pandashake wrote:I can't get any of their plugins to show up in Studio One. I've followed their instructions about installing as admin and still get nothing. Really kind of lame, as the concept sounds cool.
I had a trouble with their Solveig VSTi appearing in both Reaper and Ableton - I had to use the 'force re-scan' on both DAWs before it became visible.

pandashake wrote:I can't get any of their plugins to show up in Studio One. I've followed their instructions about installing as admin and still get nothing. Really kind of lame, as the concept sounds cool.
I had an issue with one of their first plugins in Tracktion - Micah was very helpful, and we got to the root of the issue. I'm sure if you contact him he'd appreciate the chance to investigate and fix, especially if there's an issue with a DAW as popular as S1.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

From looking at the manual of SpecOps (even though I've owned it for months now!) I didn't notice that the effects are all in the frequency domain rather than time domain - Does that mean that the 'smear' effect in SpecOps only works 'vertically' (if you were to look at a spectral graph) but Cloud Machine's blur applies the effect 'horizontally'

(or am I just misunderstanding FFT/spectral processing and *all* FFT effects work in the frequency domain)

mcbpete wrote:From looking at the manual of SpecOps (even though I've owned it for months now!) I didn't notice that the effects are all in the frequency domain rather than time domain - Does that mean that the 'smear' effect in SpecOps only works 'vertically' (if you were to look at a spectral graph) but Cloud Machine's blur applies the effect 'horizontally'

(or am I just misunderstanding FFT/spectral processing and *all* FFT effects work in the frequency domain)
I'm not a FFT guru neither, but as far as I know SpecOps operates entirely in the frequency domain. I guess the Smear effect is different than a pure FFT blur so that's why it's not identical and sounds rather different (still good & fun to my ears though)

If you want a 'true' blur spectral effect you can also check the Michael Norris' spectral tools, there's a pretty neat and quite powerful blur effect in the bundle, that really blurs all over the sound.

These are developed with Csound.

If you want free stuff in a similar ballpark and also made with Csound download Cabbage and batch export included examples to VST.

Theres shitloads.

http://cabbageaudio.com/
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Neon Breath wrote:If you want a 'true' blur spectral effect you can also check the Michael Norris' spectral tools, there's a pretty neat and quite powerful blur effect in the bundle, that really blurs all over the sound.
Alas I would if I could but his awesome Soundmagic Spectral is Mac AU only... think I've dropped him a message once a year to persuade him to think about making a PC build but no luck so far ...

Does Smear and a whole raft of other algos

mcbpete wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:If you want a 'true' blur spectral effect you can also check the Michael Norris' spectral tools, there's a pretty neat and quite powerful blur effect in the bundle, that really blurs all over the sound.
Alas I would if I could but his awesome Soundmagic Spectral is Mac AU only... think I've dropped him a message once a year to persuade him to think about making a PC build but no luck so far ...
Ok I see. Then you could try GRM Tools Evolution, it's much more than just a spectral blur (I'd say it's more like a deep spectral drone generator) but with low settings, but does blur/spectral wash pretty well in a unique way. Expensive though.

I actually have GRM Complete II (got it in some crazy deal a few years ago for something like $200), and totally forgot about DtBlkFx .... My GAS has gotten out of control !
Last edited by mcbpete on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”