Alternative to iZotope's Stutter Edit/replacers for every slot on its own

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I checked the few videos I could find, but none of them showed me how to use Redux and what it can do.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Redux is basically Renoise in VST sampler form. There are quite a few videos available that offer some direction in “glitching” loops and samples, but many of those are in Renoise (the commands are the same)

Ah, thanks.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Looking back at this thread, I have to say of all the multi-FX / glitch / stutter plugins that I own (which include Glitch1/2, StutterEdit, Tantra, Triad, Manipulator, Turnado) I was the most impressed with Sugar Bytes' Turnado - it has really great quality effects, can be played via MIDI, "macro fader" or simply automated, it's very easy to set up and if you can't be arsed there's TONS of super usable presets for whole device and individual effects. It looked like a toy at first, but it's really deep if one wants to get their hands dirty. The problem I have with StutterEdit is its pretty confusing (and low-res) GUI and patch setup, but - most of all - it generates lots of tiny clicks & pops, which can be audible even in a dense mix.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

W23 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:53 pm I own Glitch2, Effectrix, Artillery, Looperator, as well as Stutter Edit. Honestly, it seems like I find something I don’t like about every one of them. All of the same effects can be done by hand either in audio or midi with Ableton’s Sampler, or NI Kontakt
This is so true.
The novelty can wear thin quite quickly.
That being said, I am using Byome a lot at the moment. And I would also say that the FX versions of some plugins, esp. Zebra2 can produce some great effects..
There are also many vsts for gateing, this one is a particular favorite of mine : http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?vs ... e_comments

you can just build your own 'channel strip' and get some thing far more flexible and playful...

inkwarp wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:02 pm
W23 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:53 pm
This is so true.
The novelty can wear thin quite quickly.
That being said, I am using Byome a lot at the moment. And I would also say that the FX versions of some plugins, esp. Zebra2 can produce some great effects..
There are also many vsts for gateing, this one is a particular favorite of mine : http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?vs ... e_comments

you can just build your own 'channel strip' and get some thing far more flexible and playful...
I own BYOME and really should use it more. How do you automate it? Do you assign effect on/off parameters to a knob or key? Or do you just draw in automations?

that depends on what DAW you are using.
it's like any other vst..
do a search on youtube for automating effects... thyere's a tonne of stuff about byome...

Return to “Effects”