Alternative to iZotope's Stutter Edit/replacers for every slot on its own

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there,

I was looking for a real alternative to iZotope's Stutter Edit. Is there a good alternative with the same quality and depth in 2018?

Another approach that I have: Since I already own a bunch of stuff and also the Ultimate version of Pro Tools, I thought about replacing all the different effect slots with dedicated plugins. Is this possible – or is it too complex (especially due to the time-based options)? If not, what are your replacers?

Cheers! :phones:

Best,
Juljan

it's more BT's Stutter Edit than iZotope's, and based on that, you should re-adjust your expectations of a replacement. it's a hi-tech piece of gear designed by a very high level artist for personal use, and while there alternatives, they pale in comparison.

Artillery 2 or Turnado from Sugar-Bytes are interesting but not exactly the same.

I think what sets apart Stutter Edit is the the fact that you can play it or trigger it like an instrument.

So here's an idea:

Use Audio Damage Axon 2 to trigger something like Glitchmachines Polygon. Multiple tracks of that pair of plugins and just go nuts. :tu:

Again, it's not the same thing whatsoever, but you could end up in glitch heaven I think.

Thanks for all the answers!

I personally really like the Buffer Position module. Is there a plugin replacer for that one?

Have you looked at the original Glitch, now in v2: https://illformed.com/glitch/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

ShutterEdit is in a league of its own. The closest I got in results to StutterEdit was by stacking Glitch 2 and Effectrix. StutterEdit, in my opinion is a more than practical and capable once you learn how to sculpt effects using its interface. In fact, I accidentally find cooler sounds faster with StutterEdit than the other two. I have actually stacked StutterEdit on top of Effectrix and discovered a really cool and unique sound. My advice when something isn't quite blowing your skirt up, is to start layering and stacking.

Another VST idea to use with my stacking principle is Timeshaper by Cableguys.
Last edited by Mathematics on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Thanks once again for the information.
I think, I have to buy this big guy on Black Friday or Christmas sale. :D

antic604 wrote:Have you looked at the original Glitch, now in v2: https://illformed.com/glitch/
Very nice!

The Finger ? :?

Juljan wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:26 pm Thanks once again for the information.
I think, I have to buy this big guy on Black Friday or Christmas sale. :D
Put up a WTB thread for it. I think I paid $29 for this, BreakTweaker and all expansions a little while back.

EDIT: Or maybe it was $49 :shrug:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

sylvainmoreau wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:39 am The Finger ? :?
Yes, a valid alternative.

Tantra is interesting and worth a luck for glitch and stutter stuff...

I’ve always liked artillery because you can stack the effects. I would like it even more if they stacked up in the order they were triggered in, but they trigger from left to right.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I own Glitch2, Effectrix, Artillery, Looperator, as well as Stutter Edit. Honestly, it seems like I find something I don’t like about every one of them. All of the same effects can be done by hand either in audio or midi with Ableton’s Sampler, or NI Kontakt. I bought Renoise Redux to do the same, and one of these days I’m gonna sit down and learn it. It takes a little extra work, but it seems worth the effort. What little I’ve done in Kontakt and Sampler sounds like ME, instead of me playing with a canned VST.

Return to “Effects”