Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DC1A DC8C

-1. It's about time.
Concentrate on the important things

Why, Guys? Which sequencer do you use and Plugins?

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:51 pm -1. It's about time.
Yes, exactly!

I use a lot of old 32 bit vsts and the run more stable on my 32 bit host. Thus I prefer 32 bit. So far I did not discover any significant advantage of 64 bit. Memory was never a problem for me.

I have 2 machines on 64 bit but i like DAW and software on 32 bit... no significant advantage of 64 bit when i have RME converters, it's just more light with same results...

@rasmusklump
@Calenberg

The more important thing is the music: do it, fix it, get better so please, don't be polemic for a simple request and pass me by cause i write to Tony... Thanks

If you want to keep using outdated hardware and software, it's fine - but don't expect developers to keep supporting it. I think it's pretty rad that jungle music is still being made with an Amiga, cubase 1 and a few Akai samplers, but no one expects Steinberg to release an update to Cubase and keep its compatibility with the Amiga. Same applies here.

That said, amazing work! And it looks like the Klanghelm EQ is a reality, just see his latest email :D

Jorgeelalto wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:06 am If you want to keep using outdated hardware and software, it's fine - but don't expect developers to keep supporting it. I think it's pretty rad that jungle music is still being made with an Amiga, cubase 1 and a few Akai samplers, but no one expects Steinberg to release an update to Cubase and keep its compatibility with the Amiga. Same applies here.

That said, amazing work! And it looks like the Klanghelm EQ is a reality, just see his latest email :D
:tu:

:clap: :tu:

Now that I think of it, I wonder whether it has something to do with SDRR and the mini EQ in Desk mode (although it has the Tight buttons, which I guess are more of a dynamic eq or multiband compressor) :D

I need 32 bit too, at least until Ross finally updates Audiuomulch (apparently will be coming next year).

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:27 am I need 32 bit too, at least until Ross finally updates Audiuomulch (apparently will be coming next year).
Wow, that's great news! :clap:

+1 for 32 bit resistance :)

- Mario

Calenberger wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:14 pm
rasmusklump wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:51 pm -1. It's about time.
Yes, exactly!
+1 for -1

Why not ask for Win 3.11 support while you're at it?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Oh, for Ghod's sake. If 32-bit is such a big deal to you, just buy BridgeWize or another bit-bridge, assuming that you're avoiding Reaper, which has a great one built in. Instead of making our hard-working devs stay stuck in the past.

I say this as a happy user of a couple of 32-bit plugs, most especially CLAS. It's on me, not the dev, after almost fifteen years.

GreyLion wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:36 am Oh, for Ghod's sake. If 32-bit is such a big deal to you, just buy BridgeWize or another bit-bridge, assuming that you're avoiding Reaper, which has a great one built in. Instead of making our hard-working devs stay stuck in the past.

I say this as a happy user of a couple of 32-bit plugs, most especially CLAS. It's on me, not the dev, after almost fifteen years.
I *am* using the bridge, but drop of 32 bit support means no more fixes and enhancements on that version. And I have projects using the 32 bit version of the plugins. If I can load the same projects with the x64 plugins, totally fine for me. If not... that' s a pity.
Simple as that.

- Mario

Return to “Effects”