---

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lnikj wrote:
It was worth a try ;) If you are ever standing around the coffee machine with one of the bean counters please let them know that the natives are restless :) Cheers.
Will do :lol:. I can definitely say that the need is recognized, that’s why we’ve gone vector for the latest FX.

julian_NI wrote:
lnikj wrote:
It was worth a try ;) If you are ever standing around the coffee machine with one of the bean counters please let them know that the natives are restless :) Cheers.
Will do :lol:. I can definitely say that the need is recognized, that’s why we’ve gone vector for the latest FX.
Glad to hear that.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who's been scrapping plugins without resizable interfaces out of the workflow because of ease use (and sight). Though I just got ReplikaXT and may need to make an exception for that. :)

jbuonacc wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:... I wish they would do some instruments that weren't reaktor based. I'd already have trk-01 if it was a standalone plugin.
maybe just get over it already?
Maybe I will.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

chk071 wrote:BTW, no 32-bit versions.

Welcome to "modern" computing. :wink:

But seriously, 32-bit should have died MANY years ago. The fact that so many developers are still graciously supporting it with so many other products should make the luddites feel much love indeed.

mumpcake wrote:I should have said "associated with" instead of "the source of", but Germany from 800- to 1806 formed the bulk of a region which Voltaire pointed out "was in no way holy, nor Roman, nor an empire".

Well, Voltaire got it all wrong then... for starters, it was a kingdom, not an empire and neither called so... "holy" meant approved by god and "roman" meant in the tradition of the roman empire i.e. the genuine successor to the roman empire...

not that this has got anything to do with this thread - just for record, it's not a misnomer at all (regardless of whether you agree with their argumentation/justification or not)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Tappistry wrote:
julian_NI wrote:
lnikj wrote:
Glad to hear that.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who's been scrapping plugins without resizable interfaces out of the workflow because of ease use (and sight). Though I just got ReplikaXT and may need to make an exception for that. :)
Hi all, I'm one of the application developers at Native Instruments. I thought I'd add a little to what Julian has said here.

If any of you are having graphics related performance issues, please contact our support team or post in the support community and give us as much information about your system as possible. e.g graphics hardware, graphics drivers, operating system, host used, etc. That way we can try to reproduce and debug the issues.

Also, we do look at the Usage Data that each effect reports so if you enable that function we can get info on your screen resolutions/graphics/graphics VRAM which can help us focus our efforts better. Totally optional, of course.

And on the topic of Replika/XT, those plugins have two sets of bitmaps, the larger of which is automatically chosen for HiDPI screens. While it's not resizable, it should at least be large enough to not make you go blind. ;)

:lol:

But it'd definitely be nice to offer that extra set of bitmaps as the "big" GUI even if one doesn't use a HiDPI display, and also offer intermediate sizes (125%, 150%, 175%) that you get by scaling the bigger bitmaps down (the way u-he does it).

It's all trade-offs I guess. If you add larger bitmaps for HiDPI and then support 5K - (and Dell has 8K monitors in the pipeline) you would probably still want a few sets of bitmaps since scaling too much loses quality. And that can add a lot to the resources. So personally I prefer the vector approach. It's a better long term proposition.

But this is another option to have on the table, and it's nice to get feedback! :)

EvilDragon wrote:But it'd definitely be nice to offer that extra set of bitmaps as the "big" GUI even if one doesn't use a HiDPI display, and also offer intermediate sizes (125%, 150%, 175%) that you get by scaling the bigger bitmaps down (the way u-he does it).
And this one if the many reasons I love supporting u-he.

My personal sweet spot for the synths is 130%, makes all the controls easy to use and understand.

@NI-devs:

A bit offtopic, but since you're speaking about replika XT. I love the interface and features, but the modulation/character in the feedback path for the delay is a bit weak imho. Echoboy still sounds a lot better in similar situations. I'm also not convinced with the different delay models(modern, tape, ...), they have a small sweat spot, sounds very similar or just dull.

It would be very cool is this could be enhanced in the future.

midi_transmission wrote: It would be very cool is this could be enhanced in the future.
Although i disagree with what you wrote (i find that Replika sounds fantastic), your description seems a bit vague. You write that the modulation/character sounds a bit "weak", and that delay modes have a "small sweet spot", and sound "dull". I doubt that any developer could do something with that. It just doesn't say anything.

daniel.j_NI wrote:It's all trade-offs I guess. If you add larger bitmaps for HiDPI and then support 5K - (and Dell has 8K monitors in the pipeline) you would probably still want a few sets of bitmaps since scaling too much loses quality. And that can add a lot to the resources. So personally I prefer the vector approach. It's a better long term proposition.

But this is another option to have on the table, and it's nice to get feedback! :)
Hi Daniel. It's absolutely the best long term proposition, but I don't hear you committing to sorting out the interfaces of existing products. If, for example, we have to wait for Absynth 6 to see that fixed we could be waiting a long time (we've waited long enough already!).

What I see is devs retrofixing their existing products because they know it has to be done. Small devs do it; big companies do it - Arturia fixed everything last year. Can NI not bring its massive resources to this task?

It is not good enough to simply hide behind some 4k .. 5k ... 8k argument. Other devs have done multiple bitmaps and, guess what, they are being congratulated for doing so by us punters.

Get your finger out NI !!

Rant over :D
Last edited by lnikj on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote:
midi_transmission wrote: It would be very cool is this could be enhanced in the future.
Although i disagree with what you wrote (i find that Replika sounds fantastic), your description seems a bit vague. You write that the modulation/character sounds a bit "weak", and that delay modes have a "small sweet spot", and sound "dull". I doubt that any developer could do something with that. It just doesn't say anything.

You're right chk071. It's vague. I try to give better examples later. But I think it's a ok rough characterization for a week point, or let's say a point were echoboy is really better.

OR: it's just you and nothing objective there at all.

Return to “Effects”